Windows 10: After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

Discus and support After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, After the 10/9/2016 windows 10 update, some of my video games have become capped at 40 fps. Yesterday prior to the update, all games were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ericrootbeer, Oct 8, 2016.

1. After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

Hi,

After the 10/9/2016 windows 10 update, some of my video games have become capped at 40 fps. Yesterday prior to the update, all games were running smoothly at high fps (I have a geforce 755m). Today, I tested it with League of Legends, CounterStrike Global Offensive, and TF2. League and CSGO both run at 40 fps, while tf2 doesn't have an fps cap. I tried restoring to the previous version of windows, but that didn't work. I tried reinstalling the games, but that didn't work either. VSync is already disabled, and i tried disabling HID compliant devices but that didn't work either. If anybody could help, or share a similar experience, that would be great, thanks!

:)

ericrootbeer, Oct 8, 2016
  2. Tonlukos Win User

drop fps every game

I used to play every games in win 10,it' very good.but after auto last update it cause low performance and drop fps every games.please help or fix it!

Tonlukos, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Issues with graphics after Windows update

I got my windows 10 for free last year and there was an update on january 2016 and it pretty much butchered my graphic drive causing it to have less than 10 fps on games like Trove and Terraria , my usual is around 40-60 fps, so i put my CPU Core to max
    performance on battery saving and quality of graphics.

Im just wondering why my Graphic Drive broke after the update

Original title: Windows 10 "Update" on Jan 2016

GaylordRobinson, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

1. After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS - Similar Threads - auto update last

2. Sudden FPS Drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS Drops in games: Hello, So quite recently, I was forced naturally by windows to update to Windows 11. I was quite pessimistic, but then I read more about it and so I did not mind having it after ensuring that new update does not decrease your performance. Well, i hoped that's the thing, yet...
  3. Sudden FPS Drops in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden FPS Drops in games: Hello, So quite recently, I was forced naturally by windows to update to Windows 11. I was quite pessimistic, but then I read more about it and so I did not mind having it after ensuring that new update does not decrease your performance. Well, i hoped that's the thing, yet...
  4. Black screen for 5 minutes on startup after last night’s auto-update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen for 5 minutes on startup after last night’s auto-update: My PC auto-updated last night even though I had it turned off, and now my computer black screens on startup for five minutes when I turn the thing on. It’s a custom built desktop. Any advice? submitted by /u/hvalada [link] [comments]...
  5. FPS drops suddenly in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops suddenly in games: Since nearly 2 months I've been experiencing issues while gaming. While playing CSGO at 48 fpscapped there tho the framerate sometimes drops from 48 to 5-6 ingame for nearly 2 to 3 minutes thus making th game unplayable during that time. It happens every 10 to 15 minutes...
  6. Microsoft update running since last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update running since last night: The Microsoft windows update has been running since last night and indicates it's only 91% installed. How can I stop this install while it's in progress? Thanks....
  7. Sudden FPS drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS drops in games: I have installed Windows 10 via bootcamp on my iMac 5K 2017. For years I played games on it on windows without any problem, and it gets 60fps in max graphics at 1440p resolution in many games, even in recent ones. Suddenly, without me doing anything wrong or different, I...
  8. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  9. Slow computer after it updated last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  10. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED MY LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 ON 24/7/18. AFTER THE UPDATE MY LAPTOP HAS BECOME SLOW AND ALL MY GAMES WHCIH WERE RUNNING SMOOTHLY ARE NOW RUNNING ON 10 FPS OR 15.......PLZ HELP...