Windows 10: After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

Discus and support After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, After the 10/9/2016 windows 10 update, some of my video games have become capped at 40 fps. Yesterday prior to the update, all games were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ericrootbeer, Oct 8, 2016.

1. After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

Hi,

After the 10/9/2016 windows 10 update, some of my video games have become capped at 40 fps. Yesterday prior to the update, all games were running smoothly at high fps (I have a geforce 755m). Today, I tested it with League of Legends, CounterStrike Global Offensive, and TF2. League and CSGO both run at 40 fps, while tf2 doesn't have an fps cap. I tried restoring to the previous version of windows, but that didn't work. I tried reinstalling the games, but that didn't work either. VSync is already disabled, and i tried disabling HID compliant devices but that didn't work either. If anybody could help, or share a similar experience, that would be great, thanks!

:)

ericrootbeer, Oct 8, 2016
  2. Tonlukos Win User

drop fps every game

I used to play every games in win 10,it' very good.but after auto last update it cause low performance and drop fps every games.please help or fix it!

Tonlukos, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Issues with graphics after Windows update

I got my windows 10 for free last year and there was an update on january 2016 and it pretty much butchered my graphic drive causing it to have less than 10 fps on games like Trove and Terraria , my usual is around 40-60 fps, so i put my CPU Core to max
    performance on battery saving and quality of graphics.

Im just wondering why my Graphic Drive broke after the update

Original title: Windows 10 "Update" on Jan 2016

GaylordRobinson, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS

1. After windows 10 auto update last night, games suddenly run at 40 FPS - Similar Threads - auto update last

2. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  3. Windows 10 is running incorrectly after the last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is running incorrectly after the last update: 1. Меню «Пуск» не працює 2. Він завантажується від 5 до 10 хвилин після введення пароля для входу в систему 3. Microsoft Edge не працює 4. блокує будь-які дії на панелі інструментів 5. Крім Google Chrome, ніщо не працює належним чином 6. Доступ до папки "конфігурація /...
  4. Sudden FPS Drops on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden FPS Drops on Windows 10: So I have had this Dell G7 15 Gaming laptop for about 4 months and have been playing games on it since the start. About 1 month ago I started encountering sudden FPS drops on one of my games and ignored at first. But the problem was very consistent I would face FPS drops...
  5. Slow computer after it updated last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  6. Fix for FPS drops suddenly for all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for FPS drops suddenly for all games: I first used to play gta5 and far cry 4 perfectly and other games too, but recently FPS has dropped down to 14-20 frames. So I inquired about Hardware damages at service centers but there was no issue, the technician told me that it was due to the OS. So please help me. My...
  7. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED MY LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 ON 24/7/18. AFTER THE UPDATE MY LAPTOP HAS BECOME SLOW AND ALL MY GAMES WHCIH WERE RUNNING SMOOTHLY ARE NOW RUNNING ON 10 FPS OR 15.......PLZ HELP...
  8. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  9. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...
  10. Search window does not appear after last night's update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search window does not appear after last night's update: Hi Not long time ago I upgraded to build 1607. Search window was working as expected. This morning I noticed that my computer was restarted without any previous notice and apparently there were some updates. One of them failed to be installed so I re-installed it. Even...