Windows 10: After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart

Discus and support After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. Alexis is here. CPU Inter Core i3 2310M @ 2.10GHz Motherboard Lenovo emerald Lake Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor Intel HD Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tutorial93, Feb 6, 2017.

1. After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart

Hi, everyone. Alexis is here.

CPU Inter Core i3 2310M @ 2.10GHz
    Motherboard Lenovo emerald Lake
    Graphics:
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 (lenovo)
    1023 MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M (lenovo)
    BIOS (brand lenovo)
    Version 44CN28WW
    Date 2/22/2011

I've installed clean windows 10 via usb, but laptop can't be turned off or restart. For example: after clicking Power->Restart, laptop closes apps, shows "Restarting your PC" and then just black screen and it still works I see it and hear.
    Also I can't enter BIOS, I pressed F2, as I usually did, no reaction.
    I saw, there are many posts with the same issue, people often say, that it's driver or hardware incompatability with windows 10. I tried many of the solutions, I saw.

There are some, that I can't perform:
    First is to Disable internal graphics in BIOS, becase I can't enter BIOS.
    Second is writen here:
    1. uninstall intel management engine 11.x driver, and instal 9.x driver for windows 8. 2.turn of hybrid shut down as described here, or use “powercfg -h off” cmd command. 3. go to device manager, navigate to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, select “generic usb hub” and all other listed devices, open their properties, click on Power Management tab, and opt out “allow this computer to turn off….” press ok.CPU. Can't perform this method, because while installing Management Engine 9.5.24 I get message: "Your platform isn't supported".

Any advices on how to turn off laptop or restart as intended; How to enter BIOS or install Management Engine?
    Thanks in advance!

:)

tutorial93, Feb 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 installation causes shutdown that reverts changes on reboot

I'm upgrading an old laptop from windows 7 home premium to windows 10. It downloads properly but when it restarts after it gets to the black screen saying that windows 10 is installing and that the computer may restart a few times, the installation cuts
    off. It doesn't restart it only shuts down and after manually turning it on it says that it's reverting to a previous version of windows. I've looked online and it doesn't seem as if anyone has encountered this problem before.

RhyzPereira, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade problem

My Windows 10 starts the installation but when it turns my computer off the first time it doesn't restart. When I turn it back on it goes back to Windows 8.

victoriasutherland1954, Feb 6, 2017
  4. After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart

tutorial93, Feb 6, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Next time you click restart hold down the shift key at the same time. This should enable the special advanced startup options to appear and hopefully you can enter the troubleshoot options and try a repair or system restore or boot into UEFI settings.

philc43, Feb 6, 2017
  6. I have found the solution for all of the problems.
    1. I've downloaded BIOS for my lenovo laptop from official website
    2. Installed it.
    3. Restarted PC and now I successfully entered BIOS using F2.
    4. In BIOS "Load default settings"
    5. Now I have no problems at all

Good luck!

tutorial93, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart

1. After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart - Similar Threads - installation computer doesn't

2. Computer restarts when the screens turn off after period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts when the screens turn off after period of time: I have noticed that when I leave my computer to do various things, I come back and my PC has restarted. I noticed this only happens when the monitors turn off automatically after the timer set in my settings. I have tested my RAM using the Windows memory diagnostics tools and...
  3. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.: My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it....
  4. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.: My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it....
  5. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD after turning off or restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after turning off or restarting: Hello I'm having this issue for a while. I ran HP diagnostic and detected a Hardrive failure, then I replaced the Drive but the blue screen continues to show. I'll appreciate your help....
  7. Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously: I'm not sure what update it was, but I told it to go ahead and restart...but it never came back on after the restart. My computer turns on and off repeatedly, I cannot start it in safe mode, I cannot do anything...it just turns on and off over and over every few seconds....
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown: I just finished building a PC, installed windows 10 and updated all drivers and BIOS from Asus website. When I turn off the PC, windows shuts down fine, but the computer stays on with a black screen and all the fans, lights, HDD, etc still on. I have to turn it off with the...