Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time after Windows10 update, monitor which is connected through HDMI has no sound. Of course, I can fix it by plugging in and out HDMI cable or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 剑桥吕, Aug 25, 2018.

1. 剑桥吕 Win User

After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.

Every time after Windows10 update, monitor which is connected through HDMI has no sound. Of course, I can fix it by plugging in and out HDMI cable or install NVIDIA driver, but I can not always do this after Windows 10 update, right? How should I address it permanently?

:)

剑桥吕, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 26, 2018
  3. tarigby Win User
    No HDMI Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Followed all procedures suggested, and all my drivers indicate they are all up-to-date! There is no HDMI sound to my Samsung TV following my Windows 10 upgrades. I am running Dell XPS i7. There currently is no resolve to this issue. **ALSO NOTE: My Samsung
    TV does not show up on the 'available devices' list? Are there possibly 'updates' now required for the TV itself? Hmmm, tr

tarigby, Aug 26, 2018
  4. After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.

no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.

1. After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound. - Similar Threads - update HDMI has

2. So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.: So the sound went off after the windows 10 update. My laptop says all drivers are up to date. Now windows says the speakers are working but no sound comes out. I have to use headphones or a sound bar. All tests say the speakers work. For moments they play sound but then stop....
  3. So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.: So the sound went off after the windows 10 update. My laptop says all drivers are up to date. Now windows says the speakers are working but no sound comes out. I have to use headphones or a sound bar. All tests say the speakers work. For moments they play sound but then stop....
  4. So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...: My Windows 11 22H2 updated today with2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389 and 2022-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5017271. Now my external HDMI sound is...
  6. After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...: My Windows 11 22H2 updated today with2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389 and 2022-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5017271. Now my external HDMI sound is...
  7. HDMI has no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI has no sound: HDMI has no sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-has-no-sound/2092fac7-251a-4719-a4dd-1e439f17eb7e
  8. HDMI has stopped working after update

HDMI has stopped working after update: My HDMI out to my tv has stopped working since a windows update installed. It has happened before but this time I can not resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-has-stopped-working-after-update/17b2c201-1d54-40f4-87f7-dd83be32d329
  9. no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903: My laptop updated windows 10 last week but since then I have been unable to play sound through my hdmi cable to my tv. This means I can't watch netflix or youtube videos. I had a look in the Sound box and then at Playback. In that box only my computer speakers appear. My tv...
  10. HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903

HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903: Hi guys i have a problem with my laptop asus. No sound in my TV and just showing video. This happen when i update my windows to 1903. Before i update work fine no prob. I can't roll back. I'm search this problem Youtube anything it doesn't work. MY VGA was lastest updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi no sound after windows 10 updated

2. no HDMI audio after windows 10 update