Windows 10: After Windows 10 Update, My HP Pavilion Desktop Starts in Sleep

Discus and support After Windows 10 Update, My HP Pavilion Desktop Starts in Sleep in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My HP Pavilion 500-267c tower was working perfectly on Windows 10 until a recent update was installed. Now when I turn on the computer it stays in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Santa Rosa John, Oct 29, 2016.

1. After Windows 10 Update, My HP Pavilion Desktop Starts in Sleep

My HP Pavilion 500-267c tower was working perfectly on Windows 10 until a recent update was installed. Now when I turn on the computer it stays in sleep mode and I can't wake it up. The BIOS must have been affected by the Windows 10 update. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance! *Think

:)

Santa Rosa John, Oct 29, 2016

2. Computer sleeping

My HP Pavilion Desktop with Windows 10 keeps going to sleep in a minute or so. I have tried all suggestions to no avail

Pat&JoeDoyle, Oct 29, 2016
  3. TaliumTitanlium, Oct 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

After Windows 10 Update, My HP Pavilion Desktop Starts in Sleep

Hi, sorry to here of your difficulties. Unfortunately we don't have- and never will have- a tutorial to help with failed updates which render PCs unbootable.

Do you have any disk images or system images created before the update? We strongly and repeatedly recommend people do this to help them recover from serious situations quickly and without technical help. We recommend Macrium Reflect (free), but there are other such programs of course.

Secondly, do you have a full backup of all important data? If not, I suggest you might want to make sure you do, e.g. by using Kyhi's bootable disk (DVD/flash drive) which you can get from the top of the Software and Apps section.

Thirdly, If you use a Win 10 bootable medium (which you can freely create- see the Tutorial section, search for iso a few times, or search the net for Microsoft media creation tool), boot from it, after the first prompt click 'Repair my computer' and amongst options available, try Safe Mode, can you boot to Safe Mode? -second part here:
    How to Get to Safe Mode in Windows 10 - Windows - Windows 10

dalchina, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

After Windows 10 Update, My HP Pavilion Desktop Starts in Sleep

1. After Windows 10 Update, My HP Pavilion Desktop Starts in Sleep - Similar Threads - Update Pavilion Desktop

2. Hp Pavilion Notebook update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Pavilion Notebook update: When I try updating the laptop I get the message Update Bios. Manually uninstall, I went to the link it gave me it lead me to a .Net framework download when I downloaded sed .Net framework. I got the message The .NET Framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system....
  3. Updating Windows 10 in HP-PAVILION-500 Desktop Model 500-205t

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Windows 10 in HP-PAVILION-500 Desktop Model 500-205t: Hello! I have a HP-PAVILION-500 Desktop System Model 500-205t. The machine originally came with the following operating system, BIOS, and Processor Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. BIOS Version/Date AMI 80.23, 7/6/2016 SMBIOS Version 2.7...
  4. HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update: Hi, so ever since my HP Pavilion updated to Windows 10 back in September, I have been having major issues with lots of various parts of my PC. The first major concern was that it was unable to hold an internet connection, and after my WiFi dropped, there would be no network...
  5. update and upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update and upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion: HI my question is: How do I upgrade and update my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929 Notebook when the manufacture no longer support because the model is discontinue?and also ask to update drivers also Intel not give me update because is discontinue . ani tip help apreciate...
  6. HP Pavilion and Windows 10

HP Pavilion and Windows 10: I've had my HP Pavilion for about two years with Windows 10 preinstalled. I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and a Surface bluetooth mouse with it. They worked perfectly for about 6 months but after automatic windows updates they started to work intermittently and now...
  7. Rotation Lock Option Greyed after Sleep Mode - HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock Option Greyed after Sleep Mode - HP Pavilion: Hi all, trying to work out an issue I'm having with my HP Pavilion. The other night, it went into sleep mode whilst rotated so that the keyboard is behind in the screen. Ever since I have woken it up from sleep mode a few days ago, the rotation lock option has been greyed out...
  8. My desktop HP Pavilion p6777c has started randomly restarting itself frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop HP Pavilion p6777c has started randomly restarting itself frequently: I blew it out with compressed air well. It did seem better for a day or two, but now it is frequently restarting just like it did 2 days or so ago!...
  9. Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10

Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10: Hi, I've updated my laptop to Windows 10 and now the touchpad is really slow to react. I've checked the settings and it was set to a medium delay which I've now changed to no delay but it's still doing it. I've checked in device manager and it says the driver software is...
  10. hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10: my hp pavilion is not awakening from sleep and cannot shut down completely(.i.e fan and power light is still on after shut down)... after upgrating to windows 10.please help 11189