Windows 10: After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

Discus and support After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A few days ago Microsoft forced a major Windows 10 features update on my computer and some things now do not work as they did before. I noticed that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DAC8190, Jun 19, 2017.

1. DAC8190 Win User

After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

A few days ago Microsoft forced a major Windows 10 features update on my computer and some things now do not work as they did before. I noticed that when I tried to do a search for anything on some outlook mail boxes it would never finish. On some mail boxes it seems to work, with "current Mailbox" and "Subfolders" while on others it does not. Where it worked before on "All Outlook Items" nothing now ever completes.

I tried working with Microsoft support and their fix was to reload Office 2013 which did not change anything. I rebuilt the Index for Microsoft Search and made sure the Outlook folders wee included and am still having issues.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

:)

DAC8190, Jun 19, 2017
  2. Gavin_H Win User

Windows 10 "Search Windows" not searching Outlook 2013 content

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Within Windows 7 I could search ALL content from a single search option, it would search folder content and Outlook 2013 content, happy days After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes :) What I am finding within Windows 10 is that if I want
    to search Outlook 2013 content, I have to explicitly use Outlook to search for the content. If I want to search for file content, then I have to use the "Windows Search" facility.

Is there anyway to get "Windows Search" to also search and return results from Outlook 2013 content? Before anybody asks, yes Indexing is complete. If I check the search options within Outlook 2013 I can see within the Indexing Options that the Outlook
    content is selected. Curiously though, when I check the same Indexing Options from Control Panel I don't see Outlook listed! Could this be the reason, or is there a design reason to split the search facility?

Thanks

Gavin

Gavin_H, Jun 19, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    why does Microsoft not publish a list of much used but incompatibel programs for windows 10?

Look here:
    Autoroute 2013 System Requirements

Windows 10 is not listed, however the program works on Windows 8, which means it will probably work on Windows 10 as well. You might have to install in Compatibility Mode. Make sure to install the most recent version of the software.

Outlook 2007 or 2010 is required to use Send To features, but they'll probably work just as well with Outlook 2013 and 2016.

I searched with this search term:
    AutoRoute 2013 software system requirements

BulldogXX, Jun 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Just wondering- have you tried a couple of basic disk related checks?

Try downloading Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI for the relevant disk

If ok, run e.g.
    chkdsk <drive> /scan
    and report the result.

Also note
    Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook

dalchina, Jun 19, 2017
  5. DAC8190 Win User
    I've tried all suggestions and results are the same. Scanpst said it repaired errors but I'm not sure what they are/were.
    I'm using new WD SSD 500gb and they test good per the attached document.

Other thoughts?

DAC8190, Jun 20, 2017
  6. kls17 Win User
    I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, Jul 19, 2017
  7. DAC8190 Win User
    It seems that the update stopped my indexing of everything. When I restored what I thought was the right things it still didn't work. I had to individually set my PST files in the index list as well as the drive where they were stored. Seems to work OK now.

Thanks for the advice and help!

DAC8190, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes - Similar Threads - update search outlook

2. Windows 10 Update and Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update and Outlook 2013: Following updating my computer with three MS updates including Windows 10, version 20H2 and my Outlook 2013 was no longer able to retrieve my yahoo email. Has anyone else seen this issue?...
  3. Outlook 2013 search function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2013 search function not working: whenever i search for keywords in resent mails, it only find mails that are a year or two years old. i have tried searching for my most resent mail with all keywords right. and it still does not work. despite me doing every fix from this link.......
  4. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  5. Windows 10 Update never completes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update never completes: Windoes 10 update never completes. Last update early December Since then It says checking for updates and never finishes - this isnt normal behaviour. Please advise...
  6. Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013: (Maybe a repost. Sorry for any confusion.) I have Office 2013 Plus Pro installed on a Windows 10 64 Pro System. Recently search stopped working for all Outlook parts: email, tasks, contacts, etc. So I redid the index using the Control Panel Indexing applet. What I don't...
  7. Outlook 2013 almost never find an email...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 almost never find an email...: hey guys, Ages ago i used XOBNI to search for email adresses, now with Outlook 2013 this is no longer possible. When i open Outlook and type a search i hardly ever get an answer. So does anyone know/use a good search program? I tried to install LOOKEEN, but...
  8. Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Cant search emails in Outlook 2013 (365) after windows 10 upgrade: after upgrading to Windows 10, i'm not able to search inbox in outlook to find any existing emails. I use office 365, which I believe is outlook 2013?! It comes up with an error saying 'search results may be incomplete because items are being indexed'. clicking on it, it...
  9. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259
  10. Windows Search indexing never completes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search indexing never completes: The search results for "My stuff" always comes back with this message: "These results may be incomplete, search is still indexing your stuff." Apparently this is a common complaint, and I have tried the most frequently suggested fix: I went into Indexing Options, and...