Windows 10: After Windows 10 upgrade getting PowerShell has stopped working error

Discus and support After Windows 10 upgrade getting PowerShell has stopped working error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After I updated to Windows 10 I get multiple "Powershell has stopped working" errors. How do I get rid of this error. Things I have tried:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by blandreth, Aug 4, 2015.

1. blandreth Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade getting PowerShell has stopped working error

After I updated to Windows 10 I get multiple "Powershell has stopped working" errors. How do I get rid of this error.

Things I have tried: Downloaded Malwarebytes and ran scan - did not fix issue. Downloaded RegCurePro and ran scan - did not fix issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Brian

:)

blandreth, Aug 4, 2015
  2. suebrehm Win User

Recieve error 0x80240024 when trying to download Microsoft Photos from App store

Read many other posts about error 0x80240024 when downloading Microsoft Apps from the Store in Windows 10. I have not been able to get any of the solutions to work. The troubleshooter finds no issues, I used the powershell command to remove Microsoft
    Photos and still the Photos app will not download from the store. It has been working fine since I upgraded to Windows 10 months ago. It just stopped working with the above error in the last day or two and I continue to receive the same error even after
    I used the Powershell command to remove it. Other apps seem to work fine.

suebrehm, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Hutch_j Win User
    Menu Bar for Windows 10

I tried Method 1, but I cannot get powershell to run. I receive an error message that Windows powershell has stopped working. How do I get powershell to work?

Hutch_j, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Bread1Ks Win User

One work around I have found is to run Powershell under Administrator rights. If I tried to Powershell without Administrator rights then nothing happens, just quick flash. I been looking for fix myself, but so far nothing. Like you I have tried different Anti-malware programs so far they have found nothing wrong. Plus I run SFC /scannow in CMD with Administrator rights, nothing was wrong. Like you I wish there was a fix from MS.

Bread1Ks, Aug 6, 2015
  5. I got mine working by Right Clicking the shortcut, going to properties, advanced, and select run As Administrator

Hearsepilot, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Like you I wish there was a fix from MS.

khireddine, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Just arrived here because I'm trying follow a Win10 forum tutorial for resetting the STORE, and was getting the "Powershell Has Stopped Working" error at the "C prompt" command line.

Thanks for this thread!

I just went to the folder that contains Windows Powershell. There are 4 of them. Two are called Powershell ISE. Anyway, what works for me is the "Powershell x86" version of the program. Clicking on the non-x86 version causes a "Powershell Has Stopped Working" error. Now I need to know how to make the x86 version the default for running commands from the C-prompt. Oh well...more research.

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 upgrade getting PowerShell has stopped working error - Similar Threads - upgrade getting PowerShell

2. Windows PowerShell has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PowerShell has stopped working: Recently I faced an issue on a Virtual Machine windows server 2012 R2 hosted on Hyper-V, where PowerShell and CMD can't openPlease advise about the solution...
  3. Windows PowerShell has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PowerShell has stopped working: Recently I faced an issue on a Virtual Machine windows server 2012 R2 hosted on Hyper-V, where PowerShell and CMD can't openPlease advise about the solution...
  4. Windows PowerShell crashes after flashing with error PowerShell_ise has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows PowerShell crashes after flashing with error PowerShell_ise has stopped working: [ATTACH]Windows PowerShell is indeed a very capable tool to work with, that can help […] This article Windows PowerShell crashes after flashing with error PowerShell_ise has stopped working first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  6. Speakers stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speakers stopped working after I upgraded to windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 but the speakers I've been using stopped working and it's confusing me to no end. I use a hdmi splitter and I thought that might be the problem but when I switched it out for my playstation the audio worked fine... I've deleted,...
  7. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Cortana
    The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installed-microphone-stopped-working-after-the/28c90aed-13e7-46df-b6b0-9630eba97052"
  8. PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working: I made a very simple PowerShell script to open my display settings so that I could quickly change the display scale, which I pinned to my taskbar. It worked fine until today, when it stopped working from the taskbar, although it still works if I right-click on the script in...
  9. dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade: dvd drive stopped working after windows 10 upgrade I have found a fix finally after pulling all my hair out lol woooo. I tried every thing uninstalled drivers after drivers and messed with reg folder and got no where. will be back when I find the sight I was on and let you...
  10. Multiple "Powershell has stopped working" events

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple "Powershell has stopped working" events: A friend is getting many Powershell errors [img] Often 20 or more interruptions per session. The Application Event log shows many sets of 4 events Error 22/03/2018 13:05:08 Application Error 1000 (100) Error 22/03/2018 13:05:08 Application Error 1000 (100) Error...