Windows 10: After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day

Discus and support After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have two laptops. On one of them, the Windows 10 upgrade was successful. On the other, an ASUS with 8BG RAM, although Windows 10 installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sunsethill, Aug 11, 2015.

1. After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day

Hello, I have two laptops. On one of them, the Windows 10 upgrade was successful. On the other, an ASUS with 8BG RAM, although Windows 10 installed successfully, the laptop "blue screens" at least twice a day since the upgrade.

When I see the blue screen - it references MEMORY_MANAGEMENT before re-starting. The laptop was previously running Windows 8.1 with no issues whatsoever.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when it crashes. Sometimes it happens while I'm working - other times it happens during the middle of the night and re-starts - or just turns completely off...

I'm attaching a screenshot of the Windows/WER/ReportArchive folder. I'm also attaching a screenshot with the Laptop System info. Please note that I uninstalled Avast on the affected laptop and it still crashes regularly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day [​IMG]

After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day [​IMG]

:)

sunsethill, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 Blue Screen Reboots On ASUS GL552VW Laptop

AlexWheeler33,

It seem my reboot issue went away after un-installing PD14. Maybe other things were causing issues, but I updated all my drivers and when I opened PD14 my laptop continued to crash so I un-install PD14 and I haven't had a crash in 3 days. Before I was getting
    a crash 1 to 2 times per day.

Hope this help your crashing....

TonyWittock, Aug 11, 2015
  3. StuC33 Win User
    Windows 10 Crashes consistently.

After upgrading my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 back in July, windows 10 has crashed consistently every 3 to 6 days. Back at the start of october i did a clean install of windows 10 hoping that it would solve the problem it didnt. Even after the
    inital clean install it ccrashed after 10 days then went back to crashing every 3 to 6. I upgraded to the november upgraded and you guessed it, the crashing is back, this is getting very annoying and frustrating because i simply do not know what is causing
    my laptop to crash so consistently. Windows 10 would simply crash then restart 4 minutes later and would be fine, everything works and then 3 to 6 days later it would crash restart etc etc. I should point out, when i was on 8.1 i got zero crashes. Can someone
    explain if they know whats happening or has happened and any suggestions to eradicate the problem / problems ?

StuC33, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Hushify Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day

Hmm, I did a bit of Googling and I think this might help. Haven't seen this issue before so I believe its a memory malfunction

Step 2 -- Open windows in safe mode

For the purpose of this tutorial, we will open our windows in safe mode. In order to do so, press the F8 key when the system is starting. As a result, the Advanced Boot Options will appear. Select the Safe mode option and hit the enter key.

Step 3 -- Open Control Panel

In order to resolve the problem, you will need to test your ram. In order to do so, go to the Start menu and open Control Panel.

Step 4 -- Open Administrative Tools

In the control panel window, open Administrative Tools.

Step 5 -- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

As a result, the Administrative Tools window will open up. From here, open the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.

Step 6 -- Restart now option

In the Windows Memory Diagnostic window, select the first option which is recommended. As a result, your system will restart right away and will check for problems.

Step 7 -- Diagnosis will begin

After the computer has restarted, you will see that the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will be checking for memory problems. This diagnosis might take several minutes. Once the process has been completed, the system will restart and will open in normal condition.
    If the error occurs again, simply replace your memory modules. And that's it. In this manner, you can easily resolve the blue screen error of memory management.

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Tried that a few days ago. It didn't find any issues with the memory...

sunsethill, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Hushify Win User
    Well, Sorry man I'm not sure what is wrong, I'll look into it hopefully somebody can find a solution in before I do.

Hushify, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day

1. After Windows 10 upgrade, Laptop crashes 2-3x per day - Similar Threads - upgrade Laptop crashes

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after watching video1-2 times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after watching video1-2 times per day: When I use firefox to watch videos or teams for video meeting, the computer screen gets stuck occasionally and the mouse and keyboard don't work, so I have to force a shutdown.But if I wait for a few minutes or so, Windows will BOSD prompt DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.The link...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after watching video1-2 times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after watching video1-2 times per day: When I use firefox to watch videos or teams for video meeting, the computer screen gets stuck occasionally and the mouse and keyboard don't work, so I have to force a shutdown.But if I wait for a few minutes or so, Windows will BOSD prompt DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.The link...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after watching video1-2 times per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80151505330. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c94e93fd-36a7-417d-b424-b13ffe2e0061.Where do I start looking for a...
  6. Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is crashing and restarting 2+ times a day after Windows 11 upgrade.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80151505330. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c94e93fd-36a7-417d-b424-b13ffe2e0061.Where do I start looking for a...
  7. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  8. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  9. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...
  10. Blue Screen 1 to 3x per day

Blue Screen 1 to 3x per day: I have a HP Zbook 15 G3 with a 1 TB Samsung SSD 960 EVO. It bluescreens 1 to 3 x per day. Automatic restart each time. The bluescreen error is "System_Thread_exception_not_handled" as displayed on the bluescreen. I disabled the accelerometer related services...