Windows 10: After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared

Discus and support After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an issue. I downloaded the new update to windows 10 1803 and I used to have only two Hard Disk Drivers. C: and D: Now after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mega31, May 6, 2018.

1. mega31 Win User

After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared

Hi all,

I have an issue.

I downloaded the new update to windows 10 1803 and I used to have only two Hard Disk Drivers. C: and D:

Now after the update I have E: which is an OEM Partition. Problem is every few minutes, I get a notification saying its running out of space. Its kind of annoying.

Anyway I can silence the low space notification on that specific drive? Or remove it? Or something?

Kind of lost on why it was made and shows up in the This PC in the Windows Explorer.

Thanks.

:)

mega31, May 6, 2018
Thema:

After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared

1. After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared - Similar Threads - 1803 Update Drive

2. After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears: After a Windows 10 update last night, a new drive appeared in File explorer called SYSTEM G: . Other drive letters were changed. Because I have an on line backup I need to keep my drive letters . I had a drive called G, that is now changed to H. When I go into Disk...
  3. new windows update 1803 and 1903

new windows update 1803 and 1903: Hi..I recently downloaded and installed the new windows updates..I have the 1903 update on desktop but a failed on my other desktop that has 1803..it fails on downloading the 1903..is there a site or link that i can go to and get the 1903 update?thanks...
  4. Hard Drive Appears to be Partitioned after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Appears to be Partitioned after Windows update: I have a 1TB hard drive. There is a C Drive with 118GB of space and a D Drive with 918 GB of space. the C Drive is almost full and the D drive is empty. Any idea how I can get the D drive to be used?...
  5. Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Control not appearing in settings after OS 1803 update: I am using an HP desktop and the brightness control dosnt appear anymore in any of the W10 settings. I have tried solving the issues by going into the drivers but this dosnt work. Any suggestions please?...
  6. connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails: Been looking for a fix for this for a little while, haven't found anything so far, if I missed a post here in my quick searching forgive me :) I updated to Win 10 1803 last week. Now whenever I try to access a remote server or computer drive Windows is too stupid to find it....
  7. After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.

After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.: The 1803 update went through without issue. But now windows update is trying to run the update again. My system shows I am running 1803 17134.48. When I push retry, I quickly see something about unable to download before it settles to show the error code. I have tried...
  8. Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803: So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps nagging me it is full and I need to clean it. But the cleaning app does not find anything either on the drive. I restarted...
  9. New account has appeared after update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New account has appeared after update: Hello everyone, after I installed the update on my laptop (with windows 10) a new account only visible when I first boot up my laptop has appeared. It is selected by default and it has my name (the same as my original account linked to my hotmail address), and by default...
  10. New partition appeared after the update.

New partition appeared after the update.: Hey Guys, I have updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 before 2 days and I've noticed that a new 480mb partition appeard as a recovery partition. The space was taken from the system drive C:. Currently the partition is empty. Any idea what is that for and do you have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. d drive appeared after 1803

2. bitlocker after 1803 unable to shrink volume