Windows 10: After windows restart PC switches to INTEL HD from PCI-E GPU

Discus and support After windows restart PC switches to INTEL HD from PCI-E GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help over here :) This is what is going on. If I shut down PC, press the power button it boots up fast and fine from my PCI-E... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brljak83, Jul 16, 2018.

1. brljak83 Win User

After windows restart PC switches to INTEL HD from PCI-E GPU

Hello,

I need some help over here After windows restart PC switches to INTEL HD from PCI-E GPU :)

This is what is going on.
    If I shut down PC, press the power button it boots up fast and fine from my PCI-E ASUS 1060 card.

After the welcome screen when desktop apears if I restart the system within 15 seconds it restarts

even just fine and important it restarts fast and boots again from the ASUS.

But, the problem is if I wait just a bit longer then 20 seconds and then click on restart

it takes a bit longer and then after the bios beep the led lights on the motherboard

shows like it would be no GPU there and then it switches to INTEL HD of my 7600K CPU.

I tried to disable in BIOS the internal gpu Intel but after restart and loosing the lets say awarness of

having and PCI-E card it just WANT to switch to the intel HD but now it is disabled and gives me 5 beeps

becouse it can not give anymore picture to boot not evan on the intel HD.

I have also tried out the clean start over msconfig and disabled all servises but the same thing happens.

Some help would be nice, couse I do not know what it could be, but I think it must be some of

the background process during the restart process.

I reinstalled the windows 10 PRO 1803 about 3 times. The last time I did it on the integrated and after

the clean install I have inserted the GPU but still the same.

I have disabled and uninstalled with display driver uninstaller DDU the intel drivers.

Still the same.

Also if gpu is in, and I want to clean install the system, every time set up of windows restarts I get black screen

and need to wait till it finishes in the background and then when it finishes that specific process in the background

and restarts then I get the picture back on screen.

Also this is how I do it now, if restart is needed, i click on restart...wait till the beeper beeps and then push

the restart button on my case so that it restarts again to get picture on screen.

What could it be cousing this??

Thanks for any help

:)

brljak83, Jul 16, 2018
  2. schmety Win User

Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?

Hi there !

I will soon build new computer configuration and i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit version.
    At the moment i have Asus R5 230 pci-e 1gb DDR3 graphic card.
    So, my question here is,
    is it for example Intel i7 HD Graphics 530 enough for using just application (audio processing) or should i keep my Asus R5 230 pci-e graphic card.
    What is more recommended, for just using applications ?

Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts *Smile

Best,
    Matej

schmety, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Intel HD Graphics will stay black until windows sign in pops up, how to fix this?

Original Title: Windows 10 Graphics Issue.

Okay, I'm going to try to explain this the best I can. I recently formatted and installed a fresh installation of windows 10. Upon completion my screen went black. I switched from my PCI-E GPU to the integrated motherboard GPU. And reset the pc. The screen
    was black for a long time but I could hear the computer working. It finally came up to sign into windows. So I switched it back and reset it again. This time it showed me bios options and the first loading screen of windows. Then it went black again, the keyboard
    and mouse stopped working. I switched it back once more to the intel HD graphics. It stayed black for a long time and finally booted to windows. So, it seems that the graphics cards are working off of each other. The PCI-E GPU will load the bios and windows
    loading screen. While the Intel HD Graphics will stay black until windows sign in pops up. I don't know how to fix this, to where it only runs off of the PCI-E Graphics Card.

I did check the BIOS and the primary display is set to the PCI-E but for some reason, it's stopping as windows loads up.

It's an AMD Radeon HD 7800 series. PCI-E x16.

Does this mean my graphics card is no longer functional?

DavidCreager, Jul 16, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?

Hi.
    I think the i7 integrated graphics are pretty good, and should be fine, as long as you're not gaming or doing any video work. Of course, you could keep the graphics card for backup, if you like.

Good luck with the new build! *Smile

simrick, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. After windows restart PC switches to INTEL HD from PCI-E GPU - Similar Threads - restart switches INTEL

2. PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN: I INSTALL PCI-E COM PORT ON WINDOW 10 , DRIVER PCIE COMPORT IN DEVICE MANAGER ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER NEED TO SCAN THE DEVICE MANAGER EVERYDAY, CAN SOMEONE HELP HOW TO FIX ?...
  3. PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN: I INSTALL PCI-E COM PORT ON WINDOW 10 , DRIVER PCIE COMPORT IN DEVICE MANAGER ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER NEED TO SCAN THE DEVICE MANAGER EVERYDAY, CAN SOMEONE HELP HOW TO FIX ?...
  4. PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pci e

Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  6. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  7. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...
  8. Intel HD Graphics 2500 Switch

Intel HD Graphics 2500 Switch: Hello, I am the owner of a HP ELITE 8300 SFF Which Has A NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 440 and INTEL HD GRAPHICS 2500 I want to switch to my Intel HD graphics card but I don't know how to change. The drivers all are installed with OCT 2018 PATCH. My NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL doesn't have...
  9. Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver

Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver: I have an Acer Aspire E5-571 and am trying to switch from the graphics driver provided by Acer to the newer version for my graphics card available directly from Intel. The card model is HD Graphics 4400 and the CPU is a 4th gen Core i5 so I'm pretty sure this is the correct...
  10. Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?: Hi there ! I will soon build new computer configuration and i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit version. At the moment i have Asus R5 230 pci-e 1gb DDR3 graphic card. So, my question here is, is it for example Intel i7 HD Graphics 530 enough for using just application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pci-e express restarts pc