Windows 10: after Windows Update 1704 cannot boot 2 Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops BLACK

Discus and support after Windows Update 1704 cannot boot 2 Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops BLACK in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows update killed one of my computers - the computer will not boot after windows creator update 1703 - cannot restore - or use any of the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by temple25, Oct 24, 2017.

1. temple25 Win User

after Windows Update 1704 cannot boot 2 Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops BLACK

windows update killed one of my computers - the computer will not boot after windows creator update 1703 - cannot restore - or use any of the Microsoft troubleshooting "solutions" - needed to use a previous version (8) install cd to get to the command prompt nut sill could not find a "fix' - Lenovo ThinkPad laptop is dead - black screen - cannot boot -also a Dell Desktop - after update the Audio did not function - Also HP Desktop several apps did not function and audio did not function - Microsoft has unleashed a real problem with the 1703 update ---- BEWWARE --- delay your updates if possible - NOTE many people couple NOT even access their backup drives or any system restore functions - the 1703 - the Windows Creator Update KILLS computers ===== not good ..... I have been a windows support person since windows 3.0 nut I am now VERY disappointed in Microsoft .... very disappointed ////////*Rolleyes

:)

temple25, Oct 24, 2017
  2. seckler Win User

Wifi user name and password are cleared before I can enter them

Hi,

we get the same issue on at least two laptops:

1) Thinkpad X1 Yoga, Windows 10 Pro

2) Thinkpad Yoga 370, Windows 10 all variants

for the second Notebook we more or less tried all current Windows 10 variants:

Home 1704, Enterprise 1704, LTSB 2016 (all 64 bit)

We tried different driver versions (pure intel, lenovo provided) for the wireless driver, with no success. However, with newer Intel drivers the error

6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence from Netwtw06

(see e.g. here: Lose connection on 802.1x reauth: 6105 - deauth... |Intel Communities)

always shows up every time the login data is reset. This might indicate a problem with the wireless network, but I am not so sure about that. Do you happen to know more about that?

Additional note: this only happens with wireless connections that require BOTH a login, as well as a password.

Connections that only require a password input are not affected.

Best,

Steffen

Edit:

We were able to reproduce this problem with a Windows 10 Enterprise (1704) installation medium on a Thinkpad 13. So actually at install time.

seckler, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Laptop won't boot into Windows at all and black screen at startup on Windows 10.

Original Title: Laptop won't boot into Windows at all, can't recover

Hello! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 and am running Windows 10 - for some reason, my laptop now will get to the Thinkpad startup screen and then go black after that, no Windows logo at all. There is, however, still backlight on the screen, so it just
    seems like nothing is being displayed. I've run the diagnostics tests and there are no bad sectors on the hard drive, but when I tried to go into the system's recovery option the screen went black again. Any ideas on what I can do?

adawgzhang, Oct 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, no doubt given your extensive experience you
    - will be aware of the risks of updating to an OS if the manufacturer has not verified the particular PC is compatible with it.
    - will have maintained disk images for the devices and updated the disk image before upgrading
    - will be aware of the potential risk of the major change involved in upgrading the OS
    - will be aware of the possibility of programs not being compatible with a particular OS build

You will know you can freely download Win 10 installation media, and that if you boot from that, Advanced Startup options offer
    Go back to previous build
    System Image Recovery
    UEFI F/W settings
    command prompt
    System Restore
    Startup Repair

Of these, the first might help you.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2017
  5. I'm running Win 10 Pro Workstation on my Lenovo P71 workstation laptop and regular Win 10 Pro on my ThinkPad T470s and Dell Latitude E7470 and have no problems on any of them.

Clean installations with the latest BIOS'.

DrEmpiricism, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. after Windows Update 1704 cannot boot 2 Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops BLACK - Similar Threads - Update 1704 cannot

2. Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?: I can't get my Lenovo laptop to boot up after an update. I am not skilled enough to do some of the suggestions I have seen before. Is there a simpler method to cure this?...
  3. Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?: I can't get my Lenovo laptop to boot up after an update. I am not skilled enough to do some of the suggestions I have seen before. Is there a simpler method to cure this?...
  4. Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lenovo Thinkpad Windows Update Problem

Lenovo Thinkpad Windows Update Problem: My Window 10 Lenovo Thinkpad has been Updating for hours and is Stuck on 42%Hello, I just recently bought an Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop Recently as in it's only been a few days and it this morning was found to be updating, I left it alone thinking it's been Updating and to wait...
  6. Lenovo laptop won't boot after an update

Lenovo laptop won't boot after an update: My Lenovo laptop won't boot up past the screen that says Lenovo. I've tried factory resetting, but it either needs the cloud or a local source for Windows I think. This laptop doesn't have an ethernet port, so I don't know how to connect it with the cloud. Is there another...
  7. New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 News
    New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops: Lenovo’s latest additions to its ThinkPad portfolio include a completely redesigned X13 and X13 Yoga with 16:10 aspect ratio displays and updated T and L series. The company also introduced a new premium display and refreshed ThinkPad mobile workstations with...
  8. Downloading to my laptop Lenovo THINKPAD.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading to my laptop Lenovo THINKPAD.: I want to download apps to my laptop but, whenever I try my mobile is the only device listed. How do I download to my Lenovo? Thank you very much. I have Windows Pro 10....
  9. Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset of Lenovo ThinkPad: I am trying to get the recovery key to a Lenovo ThinkPad. I have followed the instructions, but no key appears. What do I do next???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-of-lenovo-thinkpad/1bc9c829-3557-45ff-a4bd-0ff8b12405d0
  10. Lenovo Thinkpad stuck in boot menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Thinkpad stuck in boot menu screen: I had a heat problem with this laptop, but that has been resolved. The heat problem started after trying multiple times to do a Windows 10 pro update, without success. After that the boot up is stuck in this screen. I can move from one selection to another, but it will not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence windows 10

2. 6105 deauth after eapol key exchange sequence