Windows 10: After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...

Discus and support After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was having trouble accessing Google Drive desktop not browser on laptop. I've had this happen before and sometimes a restart resolves it. There were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeanetteJM, Nov 28, 2023.

1. After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...

I was having trouble accessing Google Drive desktop not browser on laptop. I've had this happen before and sometimes a restart resolves it. There were updates available so I went ahead with updates and restart then stepped away. When I came back I had this message. I have no idea what to do because I did NOT install a new CPU so no idea why I am getting this message or what options I should do?"Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have Bitlocker or encryption-enabled system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will NO

:)

JeanetteJM, Nov 28, 2023

2. New CPU installed. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed on initiall start

Hello. I have the Asus X670E Hero MB and AMD 7950X. This is a newly built system. When I started the computer I got the message below. Because I am not familiar with this or whether Bitlocker or any encryption is enabled, I pressed N and then F1 and continued to the BIOS because I did not want to change anything and wanted to see if I could get to the BIOS, which I did. I understand Bitlocker has something to do with Win 10/11 but as stated I have no OS installed yet and therefore I have no Bitlocker code. I see that I can disable fTPM in Bios but don't know the affects of doing so. Can anyone help me with the next steps to ensure I can load the Win10 and not get locked out.

Thanks...Al

New CPU installed. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed.

Methodical2, Nov 28, 2023
  3. error message "new cpu installed tpm corrupted" after turning laptop on

I stepped away from my laptop for an hour and when i came back the screen was black looked like it was turned off. I tried closing and opening the screen since this usually turns on the laptop, that dind't work so i pushed the power button. After this
    the following message was shown.

"New CPU installed. fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV structure changed.

Press Y to reset fTPM. If you have Bitlocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key.

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will not enable in new CPU, you can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data"

I choose the option N since that seemed like the savest option, after this the laptop started and said that there was trouble with my PIN and i had to set it again.

When i restart my laptop again in a normal way trough the menu, the same message is shown again.

I have an Ideapad 5 15, Ryzen 5 45000 with 16gb RAM. Windows 10 Home. The laptop is new

I did saw a notifcation this morning about a windows update, but i didnt click on it.

As far as i know i dont have an Bitlocker (i have read that it's a windows 10 pro thing, and i have windows home)

laptop12test, Nov 28, 2023
  4. After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...

New CPUinstalled fTPM NV corrupted error after new CPU install

Using Win 10 Pro, not sure which exact build. Not sure if this is directly related to Windows 10 itself or hardware related, but hoping I can get some insight into it to trouble shoot, Upgraded my CPU but received this error during boot:
    After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move... d1666227275t-new-cpuinstalled-ftpm-nv-corrupted-error-after-new-cpu-install-20221019_172503-copy.jpg
    New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Updated my motherboard BIOS last night (worked fine, booted fine), popped in the new CPU today. This is the 3rd CPU upgrade on this PC (1600 to 2700x to 3700x to new 5700x) and I've never seen this issue before. OS is Win 10 Pro. Motherboard is AS Rock X370 Killer SLI/AC. Current BIOS is 7.10. Motherboard: ASRock > X370 Killer SLI/ac Before updating the BIOS I checked to see if Bitlocker was enabled within Win 10, and it showed it was not enabled as far as I could tell. Before updating the BIOS, I checked fTPM settings that I could find within the BIOS. I found AMD fTPM Switch which was disabled. Old BIOS settings which I assume meant fTPM was disabled:
    After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move... d1666227091t-new-cpuinstalled-ftpm-nv-corrupted-error-after-new-cpu-install-20221018_223616-copy.jpg
    I can boot into the BIOS settings, but I just clicked exit without saving. So I am wondering how I should proceed and what exactly is happening here? Perhaps the new BIOS enabled some fTPM setting after I upgraded, but I recall checking that beforehand and everything that looked like it was related to fTPM was disabled. I do have the old CPU that I can put back in, but would like to solve this so I can use the new 5700X. Does this look like a hardware or issue or Win 10 issue? Edit: Figured out the issue. Went into BIOS, Advanced, Trusted Computing, Security Device Support - Disable. Booted into Windows just fine now, so looks like it was a motherboard settings issue and not Windows. Going to close this thread if possible but leave it up in case someone else the same issue.

Flogger23m, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...

1. After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move... - Similar Threads - update received ftPM

2. I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...: I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading properly now my PC wont even boot to that screen so that I can press yes. what shold I do?...
  3. I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...: I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading properly now my PC wont even boot to that screen so that I can press yes. what shold I do?...
  4. New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED: Hi all,I am having a very big problem with my PC which I bought 3 months ago. If it matters, it's an Asus Strix G15. Everything was working fine until today. Yesterday I shut down the laptop properly and today I got this weird message:New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted...
  5. New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED

New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED: Hi all,I am having a very big problem with my PC which I bought 3 months ago. If it matters, it's an Asus Strix G15. Everything was working fine until today. Yesterday I shut down the laptop properly and today I got this weird message:New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted...
  6. New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Updating BIOS with new fTPM for AMD CPU killed my activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating BIOS with new fTPM for AMD CPU killed my activation: Updating BIOS of my MB with new fTPM for AMD CPU killed my activation of Windows 11 Pro. Re-activation not worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-bios-with-new-ftpm-for-amd-cpu-killed-my/6d90cba2-a87a-41ff-8d73-aedeb34be8d8
  8. Updating BIOS with new fTPM for AMD CPU killed my activation

Updating BIOS with new fTPM for AMD CPU killed my activation: Updating BIOS of my MB with new fTPM for AMD CPU killed my activation of Windows 11 Pro. Re-activation not worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-bios-with-new-ftpm-for-amd-cpu-killed-my/6d90cba2-a87a-41ff-8d73-aedeb34be8d8
  9. After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...: I was having trouble accessing Google Drive desktop not browser on laptop. I've had this happen before and sometimes a restart resolves it. There were updates available so I went ahead with updates and restart then stepped away. When I came back I had this message. I have no...
  10. After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...

After Windows update received ftPM Message but this is not a new CPU, how should I move...: I was having trouble accessing Google Drive desktop not browser on laptop. I've had this happen before and sometimes a restart resolves it. There were updates available so I went ahead with updates and restart then stepped away. When I came back I had this message. I have no...