Windows 10: again: how to upgrade 7 PRO to 10 PRO

Discus and support again: how to upgrade 7 PRO to 10 PRO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; gang I need to create windows 10 media and use it to upgrade a fresh Windows 7 Professional x64 to Win 10 PRO. how do I do that? the media creator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cognus, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

again: how to upgrade 7 PRO to 10 PRO

gang I need to create windows 10 media and use it to upgrade a fresh Windows 7 Professional x64 to Win 10 PRO.
    how do I do that? the media creator only gives the limited options as discussed here in the past. this system has never had windows 10 of any flavor on it so... it is currently activated Windows 7 Professional.

can I add the PID file to the usb after it has been created as generic windows 10? will it work? what is the syntax and is the filename PID.txt or pid.txt ?

:)

cognus, Mar 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Home > Windows 7 Pro > Windows 10 Pro

Hey,

I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home. I already have a retail version of Windows 7 Pro so I clean installed that over 10 Home, then did an upgrade to 10 expecting to get Pro, but I got Home again, even though I upgrade from 7 Pro.

That seems wrong. How do I clear the hardware ID registered with Microsoft that forces 10 Home?

Seems a bit silly to have to pay £99 to upgrade to Pro when I already have 7 Pro! Can I get a 10 Pro key by giving my 7 Pro key without having to pay again?

Thanks

Lanky Doodle, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Jaunty1 Win User
    How to Install Win 10 After a Disk Crash?

I did the free upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro a couple of years ago. Today my hard drive crashed so I replaced it with a new one. How to install Win 10 Pro again?

Jaunty1, Mar 14, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

screenshot taken from Tech Bench iso download site:

again:  how to upgrade 7 PRO to 10 PRO [​IMG]

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w)()

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    If you are asked for product key, use the SKIP option or the "I do not have a product key " option and continue.
    After successful installation, check if it is activated.
    If not activated, use your Win 7 Pro key to activate.

davidhk, Mar 14, 2016
  5. What is shown as just Windows 10, in the select edition screen shoot in the above post, is a multi edition ISO that can install Home or Pro. Just in case that's what's confusing you. If you doing the download on another PC, remove the check mark in the box for accept recommended settings. Once that check box is unchecked you'll get all the available drop down menus.

alphanumeric, Mar 14, 2016
  6. Also, re download the MCT so you get the latest version, to get the latest build. Don't just run a version you downloaded earlier.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. again: how to upgrade 7 PRO to 10 PRO - Similar Threads - again upgrade PRO

2. 7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?: Hello all! Hopefully last post/question before I actually get my new 10 system up and running (Monday!). This just dawned on me right now. My computer that is on the verge of death, and being replaced is Win7 Pro (x64). The system I've purchased to replace it comes...
  3. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  4. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  5. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  6. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  7. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  8. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  9. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  10. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reatain same settings from win 7 pro to win 10 pro upgradation