Windows 10: AI for security: Microsoft Security Risk Detection makes debut

Discus and support AI for security: Microsoft Security Risk Detection makes debut in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] The team behind Project Springfield includes, from left, Stas Tishkin, William Blum, Marc Greisen, Cheick Omar Keita, Dave Tamasi, David... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

AI for security: Microsoft Security Risk Detection makes debut

Source: AI for security: Microsoft Security Risk Detection makes debut - Next at Microsoft

:)

Brink, Jul 20, 2017

2. Microsoft account - Security Risk

Press Win+R and type secpol.msc, and click OK. Navigate to Local Policies/Security Options. Find Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL, and disable it.

AI for security: Microsoft Security Risk Detection makes debut [​IMG]

Alan Russell, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Microsoft account - Security Risk

Thanks for your reply but you did not answer my specific questions.

What's to stop a rogue app or web-site from displaying an identical window and collecting your password?

Is there any way to tell that the window is coming from a legitimate Microsoft source?

Regards, David.

DavidLewis Malta, Jul 20, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I'm getting really tired of seeing solutions claiming to use 'AI' but which are just sophisticated 'conventional' algorithms. I suspect the Risk Detection Service is no different.

Steve C, Jul 21, 2017
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I think it's better to have an "algorithm" than nothing else.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. AI for security: Microsoft Security Risk Detection makes debut - Similar Threads - security Microsoft Security

2. Microsoft AI Phone, Will it make microsoft to make a phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft AI Phone, Will it make microsoft to make a phone?: "The decision I think a lot of people talk about – and one of the most difficult decisions I made when I became CEO — was our exit of what I’ll call the mobile phone as defined then. In retrospect, I think there could have been ways we could have made it work by perhaps...
  3. Windows 10 password security risk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password security risk: Is there truth to the 9/18/2021 story in FORBES in which Davey Winder the writer recommends Windows 10 users "delete their [Windows 10] passwords" due to a security risk?...
  4. Chrome Extensions Security Risk

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Extensions Security Risk: Note this article about risks in Chrome extensions now removed Exclusive: Massive spying on users of Google's Chrome shows new security weakness - Reuters Does anyone know what extensions were removed and whether the same issue affects other chrome based browsers e.g. Edge...
  5. Chrome Extension Security Risk

Chrome Extension Security Risk: See here Chrome Extensions Security Risk 158904
  6. Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks: I am wondering about the risks of using a microsoft account instead of local account on windows installation. If the microsoft account I signed up with got compromised, what additional risks are there to having the same account tied to my pc? I know that emails/onedrive are...
  7. Moving documents location, are there security risks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving documents location, are there security risks?: I have moved my documents location by following the tutorial at Move Location of Documents Folder in Windows 10 Is there any serious security risk in moving the documents from their default location and if so, how can I reverse the above move procedure? 136032
  8. Securing the future of AI and machine learning at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Securing the future of AI and machine learning at Microsoft: Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are making a big impact on how people work, socialize, and live their lives. As consumption of products and services built around AI and machine learning increases, specialized actions must be undertaken to safeguard not only...
  9. Microsoft says my microsoft LifeCam is now a security risk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft says my microsoft LifeCam is now a security risk.: How can I get it to work with my Windows10 again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-says-my-microsoft-lifecam-is-now-a/a6be6cfe-181c-42e7-bafc-4d84eace215b
  10. Windows 10 WiFi security risk

Windows 10 WiFi security risk: When my laptop is powered on, before I enter my password to login, there is a WiFi icon displayed on the login screen. Can I can connect to a router without logging into my computer? Doesn't this present a security risk? If someone steals my laptop and logs into their...