Windows 10: Aida64 Extreme

Discus and support Aida64 Extreme in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 is reporting that my USB 3.0 devices are connected and running at USB 3 speed, but Aida is saying that my devices are at 2.0. Also any USB 2.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by no1yak, Aug 7, 2015.

1. no1yak Win User

Aida64 Extreme

Win 10 is reporting that my USB 3.0 devices are connected and running at USB 3 speed, but Aida is saying that my devices are at 2.0. Also any USB 2.0 device is reported as 1.1, win 10 is saying they are at 2.0.
    The Aida64 version is for win 10. Anyone using the above and having the same problem.
    Thing is who's right, win 10 or Aida64. As far as I can tell my USB drive is running at 3.0 speed.*Confused

:)

no1yak, Aug 7, 2015
  2. yeowyh Win User

Display crashed but PC still running

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any built-in test from microsoft that I can use to diagnose? If possible, would like to know the correct procedure.

Currently I am using AIDA64 Extreme trial version which runs the stress test but am not sure how long should the test run to get an accurate result and such.

yeowyh, Aug 7, 2015
  3. IT Guy Viki, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Aida64 Extreme

I am using AIDA64 version 5.30.3500 and its information on USB 3 is identical to that reported by Windows 10. If you are using the same version of Aida 64, try re-downloading and reinstalling it. Best of luck

Snakeyes, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    Your AIDA may be out of date. Update it.

Also in BIOS/UEFI sometimes setting USB3.0 compatibility mode to "Auto" or "Smart Auto" can cause readings to be incorrect. (however everything is function as intended)

Don't take this the wrong way, I give this warning to everyone I find using AIDA just in case.

If your version of AIDA is pirated (not saying it is), it will subtly return false information in randomly chosen fields, including stress testing limits and temperatures.

As a safety precaution, if it is pirated, after installing its illegal serial number AIDA should be blocked by Windows firewall before it is ran for the first time to prevent outgoing network access. This prevents it from detecting itself as piratedsoftware.

[I don't condone using pirated software, but I also don't think anybody deserves dangerously retaliatory anti-piracy measures]

I'll see if I can't find the article that I got this info from.

Hydranix, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    Set a hacker to catch a hacker.*Devil*Smile

I'm not saying you are.*Wink

Snakeyes, Aug 7, 2015
  7. no1yak Win User
    Thanks for the reply, My copy of Aida64 is 5.30.3508 and is a paid for genuine copy. In win 10 If I connect my USB flash to a usb port that is running ver 2.0 then 10 tells me that the device will run faster in a 3.0 port, so it must be working at the right speed.
    Never had this with win 7 and any version of Aida before, also all of my devices are in the same USB ports as they were in 7.

Anyway as far as I can tell My Samsung USB drive is running at 3.0.

no1yak, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Snakeyes Win User

Aida64 Extreme

A nice feature of Windows 10 is the "details" feature when copying files (especially large ones) it gives a time plot of the speed of transfer. The next time you're using an USB device and copying from the PC make sure you click on that.

Snakeyes, Aug 8, 2015
  9. no1yak Win User
    Thanks, forgot about the "details" feature. Just copied a 3GB ISO file to my Samsung drive @ 93MB/s. USB 3 then.

no1yak, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Hydranix Win User
    That's a nice flash drive.

Hydranix, Aug 8, 2015
  11. no1yak Win User
    Further to my post, I have received a response from Aida concerning the incorrect reading of the USB 3.0. Here's their reply:-

Thank you for the bug report. I can confirm that the bug indeed comes up under Windows 10. It is because one of the legacy USB connection status calls of the Windows USB driver API return an invalid information to AIDA64. We will implement the newer API calls (that works on Windows 8 and later), and hopefully that will help to fix this issue up. I will let you know in a few days how it goes. Hopefully by then I can send you a new AIDA64 beta update that implements the bug fix *Wink

no1yak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Aida64 Extreme

1. Aida64 Extreme - Similar Threads - Aida64 Extreme

2. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10: I've been facing this problem for a while now, basically my Wi-Fi is extremely slow only on Windows 10, it seems to be perfectly fine on Linux, I've tried with multiple adapters, network reset, chucking 20 commands into CMD, none of them worked. It's so incredibly slow to the...
  3. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10: I've been facing this problem for a while now, basically my Wi-Fi is extremely slow only on Windows 10, it seems to be perfectly fine on Linux, I've tried with multiple adapters, network reset, chucking 20 commands into CMD, none of them worked. It's so incredibly slow to the...
  4. My games keep crashing, so I ran a system test using AIDA64 and don't know why my CPU is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep crashing, so I ran a system test using AIDA64 and don't know why my CPU is...: I checked the event viewer and saw a recent event that happens every single time that I run the test. Here are the logs from the test. A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary...
  5. My games keep crashing, so I ran a system test using AIDA64 and don't know why my CPU is...

My games keep crashing, so I ran a system test using AIDA64 and don't know why my CPU is...: I checked the event viewer and saw a recent event that happens every single time that I run the test. Here are the logs from the test. A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary...
  6. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  7. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  8. BSOD when using AIDA64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using AIDA64: Dear L.S., I'm getting a BSOD when I'm using AIDA64. Of course I've asked the developers of AIDA64 to look at the BSOD's, but they said it's not on their end. I hope you can help me solving this issue. I've generated the files according this page. Please see here the...
  9. AIDA64 Extreme - - What a program !!

AIDA64 Extreme - - What a program !!: Overview: AIDA64 Extreme | AIDA64 Downloads: Downloads | AIDA64 AIDA64 Extreme monitors... everything! It comes with benchmarks, stability tests, etc., etc., etc. Here are some screenshots... [img] [img] [img] [img] 176197
  10. AIDA64 Alternative?

AIDA64 Alternative?: Hi, I've been using AIDA64 for many years, but since I upgraded my CPU, I've been getting some crazy readings. For example on stress test for 5 minutes the CPU Diode reaching 91 degree C and the CPU fan reaching 7500 RPM. I'm assuming AIDA does not support AMD Ryzen 9 3900X...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot