Windows 10: Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2011 edtion)

Discus and support Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2011 edtion) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Has anyone managed to get Airline Tycoon 2 (or Deluxe, etc.) to work in Win10? *Confused I did have it working under Vista Home but I can't get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChrisOfTheOT, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2011 edtion)

Has anyone managed to get Airline Tycoon 2 (or Deluxe, etc.) to work in Win10? *Confused

I did have it working under Vista Home but I can't get it to load on an old laptop running Vista Business. So, ideally, I'd like to run it on the new Win10 laptop - like Railroad Tycoon 2. Even more ideally, I'd like to run it without the CD, also like RT2 because the ISO is mounted as a drive now. (I had no idea you could do that! *Party)

Anyway, if anyone's got AT2 to work, please tell me how!

Thanks,

Chris

:)

ChrisOfTheOT, Dec 16, 2015

2. Family Tree Maker 2011 won't open in Win. 10

unable to open family tree maker 2011 deluxe. help

donaldwhite1, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Maxy00737 Win User
    Ordinal Not Found Error while starting a game.

Hello

Im having this weird error every time i try running RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe and i read about this problem but everything i tried lead to no success unfortunately.

So if someone can help me i would really appreciate it .

Screenshot of the error : Imgur

Maxy00737, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2011 edtion)

Unbelievably, I got it sorted – what a shocker! *Eek

As it’s Christmas, I thought I’d try and install it once again. I loaded the CD and everything went exactly as before – the whole system froze and I was completely locked out. Since I couldn’t even get to Task Manager, I was going to crash the laptop when I had to leave the laptop for a few minutes. I don’t know how long I’d left the computer churning away but when I returned, there was an install dialogue on-screen. Whoa!

When I checked, running ‘behind’ the dialogue was an Airline Tycoon extraction process – lots of files being unpacked but the process had frozen at about 70%. I was able to access Task Manager and stop this process, leaving the pukka install process running (although virtually all processes where reporting zero percent of CPU/RAM usage at this point). Since the AT install dialogue was still open, with ‘Continue’ or ‘Cancel’ options (or similar), I chose ‘Continue’: I figured I had nothing to lose. (If the install failed, I could simply uninstall everything with Revo.)

But lo! The installation worked flawlessly – and the game even runs without the CD, natively. *Cool No fancy tweaking or ISO mounting required. Result!

Interestingly, the extraction process which seems to have frozen the system was part of the install, but the extraction dialogue wasn’t quite the same. I don’t have screen grabs to illustrate but it seems that the game was trying to install every time, but something was upsetting it.

The only very minor issues are that after running the game, my Windows 10 desktop is re-arranged because AT runs at a very low screen resolution. (However, Railroad Tycoon does not re-arrange my desktop: I don’t know why that is.) Also, the ‘Campaign’ games saved from the old Vista install are nowhere to be found. I copied the old game saves over but only the ‘Free Game’ saves are present. I’ll have to re-start the entire campaign but since it’s a short game and since I love it anyway, what do I care?

Anyway, I thought I share my good fortune. Perfik! (Nearly…)

Cheers, *chuckle

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2011 edtion)

1. Airline Tycoon Deluxe (2011 edtion) - Similar Threads - Airline Tycoon Deluxe

2. Microsoft:mac 2011

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft:mac 2011: How do I migrate Microsoft:mac 2011 to a new Mac? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftmac-2011/72ca3637-3ddd-45e5-afbc-2696c74634e3
  3. Microsoft:mac 2011

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft:mac 2011: How do I migrate Microsoft:mac 2011 to a new Mac? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftmac-2011/72ca3637-3ddd-45e5-afbc-2696c74634e3
  4. Windows XP Games as THQ Disney Pixar Cars and Spellbound Airline Tycoon First class dont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP Games as THQ Disney Pixar Cars and Spellbound Airline Tycoon First class dont...: These games are running on a 64 Bit PC that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but they don't run anymore on a new PC with clean installed Windows 10. The compatibility settings to Windows XP SP3 don't solve the problem. It seems that an upgraded Windows 10 is backword...
  5. Zoo Tycoon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoo Tycoon: Good day, I have just bought a very excited 7 year old boy my son Zoo Tycoon, we have installed it and when trying to play it will kick us out and close when trying to load ANYTHING There is NO SUPPORT and I have no idea how to sort this out...
  6. Playing MOvies on Airlines

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Playing MOvies on Airlines: How do I get my Surface w/ Windows 10 to play video on an airline. Says that I need to use Adobe Flash, but would prefer to not use. Microsoft store does not have an app for GoGo Entertainment or AirPlayer....
  7. App for WestJet Airline

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App for WestJet Airline: Hi Is it in Microsoft plans to reach out to WestJet airline and have them develop their app for the Microsoft store. They have an app for apple and google play and require Microsoft to reach out to them to have the app for Microsoft store?...
  8. MapPoint 2011

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MapPoint 2011: I have purchased a new computer and wish to transfer a previous electronic copy of MapPoint 2011 onto it. Can this be done? I have my product key from original purchase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mappoint-2011/aede671f-2999-4ff7-9f5d-cf2b598de505"
  9. Revit 2011?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Revit 2011?: Will Microsoft 10 run Revit 2011? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revit-2011/c4c0365f-a6d5-4ba0-919b-93335a17e2d4
  10. Win Edtion Tutorial gave me 2 Win Edtion as Answer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Edtion Tutorial gave me 2 Win Edtion as Answer ?: Hello how come i get 2 different answers on witch Win edition i have. I checked all the different options from the Tutorial on how tot check Win edition. Almost al option to check say 10 Home Edtion but with 2 check option it says Core Idition. This is when i used: cmd:...