Windows 10: Airplane mode and wifi in action center

Discus and support Airplane mode and wifi in action center in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro and in my notifications and action center, airplane mode is in blue and wont let me turn it off, I'm using a desktop and not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by studmonkey76, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Airplane mode and wifi in action center

I have windows 10 pro and in my notifications and action center, airplane mode is in blue and wont let me turn it off, I'm using a desktop and not a laptop anyway to fix this or is this normal?

Also in the notification and action center, the wifi tab is greyed out. Anyway to fix this or is this normal as well?
    Thanks

:)

studmonkey76, Jul 30, 2015
  2. GaryG45 Win User

Windows 10 Airplane Mode in Action Center display question

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop and have lost wifi intermittently. Looking at Action Center I see that the Airplane Mode and WiFi buttons are both blue, which indicates to me that both are on. When I go to Settings>Network&Internet, Airplane Mode
    is Off and WiFi and Bluetooth are both On. Because of what the Action Center is showing is Airplane Mode getting turned on and causing my WiFi problems? If I turn off Airplane Mode in Settings, shouldn't it display as greyed out in Action Center?

Gary

GaryG45, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Airplane Mode Indicator "On" at startup

I had the same problem (airplane mode was displayed in the taskbar but it was not active and I was connected to wifi) and found the answer. I opened the action center and clicked the airplane mode toggle. To be clear, I did not go into the network section
    via the action center and then click the airplane mode. I just open action center, click the airplane toggle (1st icon, 2nd row of my action center) and when I did, the airplane mode icon disappeared and the normal network icon appeared. There was no change
    in connectivity in doing so.

GusRandall, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Airplane mode and wifi in action center

Anyone else have this issue?

studmonkey76, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Yeah, there was a time when Wifi and Airplane worked in Notification & Action Center.

MS decided that this belonged in the network Center. Press the network icon to show the same tiles - they work there.

Slartybart, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I.m having the same problem as Slartybart. I did as you suggested and it still wouldn't turn off. I'm totally disconnectd from the internet on my laptop.

Is there any other way to fix this problem?
    WiFi will not turn on.

Many Thanks if someone can HELP!!!!!

Larry Aaron, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Do you have a physical on/off switch for your WiFi card. Turn the switch on and you should be able to turn off airplane mode.

sciencegeek, Aug 31, 2015
  8. Airplane mode and wifi in action center

No, I don't have a physical on/off switch for my WiFi card. I have a Dell Laptop.
    Are there anymore suggestions? I'm greatful for the help I'm receiving.

Thank You One And All

Larry Aaron, Aug 31, 2015
  9. I am having this same issue. Airplane mode stays on, this disables the detection/display of WiFi/Bluetooth on a desktop machine.

SavingPrincess, Sep 26, 2015
  10. madddogf Win User
    I also have the issue with windows 10 pro not turning off airplane mode don't know if this is also causing other issues like , This pc wont find other pcs on my network . Windows 8.1 pro seemed to be much smoother and smarter than windows 10 pro .Hope these glitches get fixed soon updated 5 pcs on my network to 10 pro hate to redo them back to 8.1 pro any ideas on fixing these issues ?

madddogf, Sep 29, 2015
  11. Fought withissue for a few days solved Fn prt scrn

papafrankm, Oct 4, 2015
  12. parrrp Win User
    While I didn't write in about the issues in this thread, I just had this problem happen to my computer and I want to thank you VERY VERY MUCH for putting up the solution to the issue and also (of course, I don't believe you have control over this) thanks to someone, anyone, or noone for making it such a simple solution!

Do you think this issue happened because someone hit Fn PrtScr by accident? I'd imagine that is a random and not an easy combo to hit, but not when you have a cat who's favorite thing in the world is to walk on my laptop when I'm working at peak proficiency which will happen ~3 to 4x per day and it just so happen that's about the amount of times he'll do his struttin'. And then once I step away from my computer for a minimum of 30 seconds, 50% of the time the cat will be using the laptop as his personal space heater.

So, I'm thinking that this could have caused it? While I'm interested in the why?, it is fixed now and I got my thanks out and a little story that POSSIBLY created a few smiles so if I figure out a way, cool, but if not, its pretty low on my 'to do' list.
    Thanks again,
    Ryan

parrrp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Airplane mode and wifi in action center

1. Airplane mode and wifi in action center - Similar Threads - Airplane mode wifi

2. WiFi versus Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi versus Airplane Mode: Hello,I'm on my home WiFi right now but my laptop is showing airplane mode. I've tried to fix this several times by going into WiFi and checking it off and restarting my laptop.Below is a photo of my taskbar with airplane mode shown. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to...
  3. WiFi versus Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi versus Airplane Mode: Hello,I'm on my home WiFi right now but my laptop is showing airplane mode. I've tried to fix this several times by going into WiFi and checking it off and restarting my laptop.Below is a photo of my taskbar with airplane mode shown. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to...
  4. no wifi/airplane mode available

no wifi/airplane mode available: 3 of our 4 Lenovo pc's at my place of work have recently stopped connecting to our BT router. When trying to connect agian the Wifi and Airplane mode option in network settings are both missing and therefore our router is not showing to connect to our internet. Connection via...
  5. no wifi/airplane mode available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no wifi/airplane mode available: 3 of our 4 Lenovo pc's at my place of work have recently stopped connecting to our BT router. When trying to connect agian the Wifi and Airplane mode option in network settings are both missing and therefore our router is not showing to connect to our internet. Connection via...
  6. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  7. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  8. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Airplane mode/wifi

Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Wifi Working in Airplane mode

Wifi Working in Airplane mode: [ATTACH] Even if I turn on Airplane mode ,My wifi works and i have access to internet. The time I am writing about this problem, my Airplane mode is switched on but still I can use internet through wifi. I need a permanent solution of this problem....