Windows 10: Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Discus and support Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, All of a sudden my airplane mode has turned on. I have tried a ton of stuff other people have recommended, to no avail. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yourreladad, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Hello,

All of a sudden my airplane mode has turned on. I have tried a ton of stuff other people have recommended, to no avail.

I have tried the FN button stuff, double clicking the icon, going into device manager and looking at radio management, etc.

I have some things that seems to be different.

One, I am not using wi-fi, this is an ethernet connection, also I just plain don't have the Airplane mode toggle point in the network settings at all. So it is not "stuck" on "off", if flat out doesn't exist. I also do not have the Airplane controllers in my Human Interface Devices in Device Manager as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

:)

yourreladad, Feb 6, 2017

2. Delete "Airplane Mode"

Not helpful.

Who needs airplane mode on a desktop?

I have been to settings and clicked to turn airplane mode off, and it won't turn off! I can no longer connect to the internet using my hotspot, the only option out here in the boondocks. Please tell us how to remove or disable the airplane mode setting.

LlamaLadySG, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Airplane Mode is stuck, Option to turn off is "Greyed Out"

Air Plane mode will not turn off. Wifi will not turn on and stay on. All Airplane mode options are grayed out. This is Post Win 10 update.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Original title/subject: Airplane Mode is stuck on Option to turn off is "Gayed Out"

TerrellMethvin, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Welcome to the TenForums @yourreladad

You didn't mention what kind of device you have, desktop, laptop, make model. What wireless adapter is installed?

Just so we all get a picture, if I understand correctly your wireless adapter shows in Device Manager and reports it is functioning correctly?

As a test, what happens when you disconnect your network cable, leave out for twenty seconds. Did wireless turn back on?

Could you please review your Windows Update history for the last two weeks. Do you see any drivers listed as being installed for your network adapter(s) or any other device.

There is a Network trouble shooter you may wish to run and even a Network Reset. Type trouble shooting into Cortana and the app should be at top of list. Click once, the Network trouble shooter should be on that page. You have to click on advance once you start and then run as administrator. Network reset is at bottom of Network and Internet in settings.

Use of either of these routines will likely mean losing wireless passwords, for sure on network reset.

You mention FN key. Does one of your function keys have something on it that looks like an antenna. If so is the symbol in white or a coloured ink, grey, blue, green.

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Home built Desktop, Network trouble shooter said IP address configuration issue or something like that. I do not have the FN antenna key. Also I do not see a wireless adapter, I would assume because I use a TP-link USB adapter and it is not installed because this desktop is hard wired to the router.

I will check updates

Thanks again

yourreladad, Feb 6, 2017
  6. No new updates in a while. Unplugged ethernet cord and plugged back in. No change.

yourreladad, Feb 6, 2017
  7. Great. Home built desktop, makes sense no FN key for antenna. Don't think I've seen a desktop keyboard with an antenna switch.

Just asking, why do you have TP link USB adapter. I assume that is your wireless connection, would that be a good assumption?

TP usually has some software that comes along with it. Have you fully explored all its option and settings. Maybe post actual model number.

If TP is plugged in you should see device somewhere in Device manager, likley under Network.

Really starting to think TP software here. May be an uninstall and re-install.

For the members to help try to grab those error messages.

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2017
  8. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Sorry, I just mentioned the TP because you asked about the wireless adapter and what it says in device menu. The TP link has not been used on this PC for oh, 4 years. I have no wireless adapter because it is connected via ethernet. I am curious as to why I dont even have the option to turn off airplane mode in the Network settings.

yourreladad, Feb 6, 2017
  9. Where the action and notification is at top right, or bottom right have you looked in there
    As that is where my flight mode shows.
    If it showing bright Orange then it is on if you press it that should turn it off

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2017
  10. You don't have the option as there is nothing to Turn On.... that said do you have BT on Motherboard? Of course that maybe disabled as well.

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2017
  11. I do not have the airplane mode in the top left in Settings. I have it in the bottom right, but it is grey?

I do not know if I have BT on the Mobo off the top of my head

yourreladad, Feb 7, 2017
  12. Well it grey so you can't select, like other Window options when they are not available.

Caledon Ken, Feb 7, 2017
  13. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Yeah so I am sorry. I think I am an idiot. I don't think airplane mode is on I guess. It seems my router's ethernet ports have crapped out so my wireless still worked, but not the ethernet.

Sorry for the troubles and thank you

yourreladad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

1. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off - Similar Threads - Airplane Mode option

2. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  3. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  4. A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off: I was wondering whether it is possible to turn airplane mode on/off using a keyboard shortcut. submitted by /u/MattAnon1998 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq6bo6/a_hotkey_to_turn_airplane_mode_onoff/
  5. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  6. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  7. Cannot turn airplane mode off

Cannot turn airplane mode off: i performed a disc clean now cannot access wi fi and airplane mode is on in light shade cannot turn off. Using windows 10 upgraded from 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cannot-turn-airplane-mode-off/052fd60e-0730-4544-b36d-315e2aa8984a
  8. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  9. Unable to turn airplane mode off

Unable to turn airplane mode off: Our HP Laptop model#C2N76UA#ABA. Did a windows 10 update and now the wireless does not work. I am able to plug in an Ethernet cable and can surf the web, but no wireless. It seems as if it is in air plane mode all the time. If I place the pointer over the network icon in the...
  10. Airplane mode wouldn't turn off

Airplane mode wouldn't turn off: So basically can't use internet I have an 8 years old Sony VAIO laptop and it was getting real slow lately, so I decided to buy an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb). Installed it yesterday and then installed Win 10 on it. Then I saw that net wasn't working so I restarted just in...