Windows 10: Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

Discus and support Airplane mode randomly turns on and off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'll be playing on the computer, doing whatever, and airplane mode will just turn on, then turn off. It's been happening for quite a while, but only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by greyofsonshine, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

I'll be playing on the computer, doing whatever, and airplane mode will just turn on, then turn off. It's been happening for quite a while, but only recently has it become a huge issue.*Mad

I have an MSI GE62 and Windows 10. As far as I can tell, nothing gets pressed to turn it on and off. I've tried turning off power saving modes and I've looked up a lot of different answers but all they do is tell me how to turn airplane mode off. This is very annoying when I'm playing online games or watching streams.

Please let me know if there is a way to make this stop happening or, better yet, get rid of airplane mode all together- I'm never going to need it. Thank you

:)

greyofsonshine, Jul 26, 2016

2. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

Hi,

This issue might occur due to any virus or might be due to any third party application conflict.

I suggest you to try below Methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Full system scan using Window defender.

Scan Pc using Windows Defender.

Before start scan using Windows Defender, please update the Windows Defender.

Please follow the steps to do the same.

Step 1: Check for updates in Windows Defender.

• Open Windows Defender.

• Check for new definitions. To do this, click “Check for Updates Now”. If need be then restart the computer once and then check for updates in Windows Defender.
    Step 2: Scan Pc using Windows Defender.

Please refer to the below link to perform full scan of your system using Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/using-defender#1TC=windows-8

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss. We suggest you to take a backup of important files before performing
    above steps if data is important.

Method 2: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

Please follow the link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

I have Norton so I did a scan with that and nothing really came up. Should I get windows defender too? I also did the clean boot and it went smoothly. Unfortunately, airplane mode turns on at random, so there's no way for me to know if it worked unless
    it happens again. I'll let you know if it didn't, but if I say nothing, assume the problem is gone! thank you for the advice.

GreysonRose, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 26, 2016
  5. My guess is the hot key function is being entered accidentally while your gaming. On most laptops its the Fn and one of the F keys at the top of the keyboard. Some will let you toggle the Fn key so all you have to press is an F key to adjust volume etc. They don't do the normal F7 or F8 function. They do the Airplane mode by default. You might be thinking your doing a game save but actually turning airplane mode on and off. Toggling the Fn function in the BIOS (if its an option) may fix it.

alphanumeric, Jul 26, 2016
  6. greyofsonshine, Aug 1, 2016
  7. AmericanPharaoh, Aug 1, 2016
  8. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

Thank you, but there are times when I am pressing no buttons at all and it is happening. I do not think the issue is related to a hotkey issueThank you, but there are times when I am pressing no buttons at all and it is happening. I do not think the issue is related to a hotkey issue

greyofsonshine, Aug 3, 2016
  9. greyofsonshine, Aug 3, 2016
  10. Never Never Say It Say It Twice-Twice. *Rolleyes

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2016
  11. Meuhlanie Win User
    Hello

I'm from Belgium and had the same problem with my new MSI GT72 6QD-883FR.
    I think I've solved the problem after many hours spend on trying fix it.
    Here is the solution : Mode avion GT72 6QD-883FR
    Use a translator if you need.

I hope it will work for you too !

(Sorry if I made mistakes with my English *Confused )

Meuhlanie, Aug 9, 2016
  12. Thank you, but I don't think it worked. You were telling me to repair the Bluetooth device in programs and features, correct? Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. Thank you for the advice though
    (don't worry, you're english is fine!)

greyofsonshine, Aug 10, 2016
  13. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

In the Action Center, The airplane mode tile does not appear. The are only 9 tiles.

edwardtate, Aug 17, 2016
  14. kredzsays Win User
    I have been having the SAME problem with my MSI windows 10 machine. WTH..impossible to work with. I am not hitting hot keys, I have updated the driver, adjusted the power settings etc. What worked?

kredzsays, Nov 5, 2016
  15. Honestly, I have no idea. One day I couldn't connect to the wifi at all, so I used an ethernet connection. Suddenly I could connect to wifi and I never had an issue with airplane mode again. I'm sorry I can't be more help, the problem just fixed itself.

greyofsonshine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Airplane mode randomly turns on and off

1. Airplane mode randomly turns on and off - Similar Threads - Airplane mode randomly

2. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  3. airplane mode keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    airplane mode keeps turning off and on: my zoostorm laptop running windows 10 has a problem with the airplane mode keeps turning on and off and ive tried so mant things can anyone help please...
  4. A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A hotkey to turn airplane mode on/off: I was wondering whether it is possible to turn airplane mode on/off using a keyboard shortcut. submitted by /u/MattAnon1998 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq6bo6/a_hotkey_to_turn_airplane_mode_onoff/
  5. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  6. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  7. Cannot turn airplane mode off

Cannot turn airplane mode off: i performed a disc clean now cannot access wi fi and airplane mode is on in light shade cannot turn off. Using windows 10 upgraded from 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cannot-turn-airplane-mode-off/052fd60e-0730-4544-b36d-315e2aa8984a
  8. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  9. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off: Hello, All of a sudden my airplane mode has turned on. I have tried a ton of stuff other people have recommended, to no avail. I have tried the FN button stuff, double clicking the icon, going into device manager and looking at radio management, etc. I have some...
  10. Airplane mode wouldn't turn off

Airplane mode wouldn't turn off: So basically can't use internet I have an 8 years old Sony VAIO laptop and it was getting real slow lately, so I decided to buy an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb). Installed it yesterday and then installed Win 10 on it. Then I saw that net wasn't working so I restarted just in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. airplane mode turns on and off randomly