Windows 10: Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue

Discus and support Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings, After updating two recently purchased Asus laptops and doing the fall update -- 1. Both bootup with Airplane Mode on...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by The Pool Man, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue

Greetings,

After updating two recently purchased Asus laptops and doing the fall update --

1. Both bootup with Airplane Mode on... half-compromising wifi. This means you can surf but maybe mail won't work properly.

2. With location services OFF -- the location 'circle' icon temporarily visits taskbar for a minute

--------------

I've been Googling on and off all day and suspect #2 conflicts with system and generates #1.

All over the web since Windows 8 people have complained about Airplane Mode being on and lockup and unable to unlock it. But this only happens for me if location services is ALSO on. If it isn't you can simply click the button in Action Center... well, click it TWICE... and it turns off. (Airplane Mode will turn itself back on after sleep or a reboot.)

Two weird behaviors --

1. Airplane Mode will be clearly turned OFF in settings but ON in action center.
    2. Locations will be OFF in settings but momentarily ON in taskbar.

:)

The Pool Man, Nov 16, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Wireless internet connection

Go Settings, Network & Internet, WiFi and check for connection.

Also look at Airplane mode and see if it is turned on and WiFi turned off. Turn off airplane mode and turn on WiFi and then go to WiFi and connect.

lacrumb, Nov 16, 2015
  3. BRCjr Win User
    Missing Wifi and Airplane tiles in Action Centre of windows 10 desktop

all settings>Network & Internet>Wifi. I have no tiles=wifi and airplane mode. I have a VPN tile but only takes me to Network & Internet which has no Airplane Mode presumes because it is a desktop. I have an all settings tile.

BRCjr, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue

Kinda found two maybe solutions --

1. I did steps one and two from this page --

How to Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10

2. What I noticed after much trial and error is that a restart triggers this problem... whereas a complete shutdown and a boot eliminates it. THIS SCREAMS WIN10 BUG

The Pool Man, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue

1. Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue - Similar Threads - Airplane Mode Wifi

2. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  3. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  4. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no wifi/airplane mode available

no wifi/airplane mode available: 3 of our 4 Lenovo pc's at my place of work have recently stopped connecting to our BT router. When trying to connect agian the Wifi and Airplane mode option in network settings are both missing and therefore our router is not showing to connect to our internet. Connection via...
  6. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  7. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE: Dear team,Can you please assist, my laptop WIFI automatically changes to AIRPLANE mode, from AIRPLANE mode to wifi, its keep changing without control. I tried couple of options but does not help, recently have change from Hard drive to SSD card.Ex: Resetting networks, turning...
  8. WIFI to AIRPLANE MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Airplane mode/wifi

Airplane mode/wifi: My airplane mode keeps coming on and going off, ive tried all the listed suggestions and i cannot stop it. I have an HP laptop and windows 10. Please can anyone help me . I have a deadline due today. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Airplane Mode Issue

Airplane Mode Issue: my airplane will not turn off and my Wi-Fi will not turn in Settings Windows 10 36979