Windows 10: Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

Discus and support Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, For some reason the Airplane mode setting can not be turned off in Network and Internet Settings, Network setting from taskbar, or Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pvanc, Aug 17, 2015.

1. pvanc Win User

Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

Hello,
    For some reason the Airplane mode setting can not be turned off in Network and Internet Settings, Network setting from taskbar, or Action center from taskbar. I am using my desktop and will never have it on an airplane. However, the computer does have a wifi adapter which I could use and it is able to be enabled. Also, have other wifi devices on my home network, another PC and a tablet, a wireless printer and all are working fine. It must be a 'bug' on the desktop but someone should know that it is there. On the other PC, which is an all in one, the Airplane mode is not even in the settings anywhere. Is there a way to just delete that setting from desktop or is it even necessary?

:)

pvanc, Aug 17, 2015

2. permanently disable airplane mode

Hi GaleCady,

Airplane mode is a setting that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. To disable airplane mode on your PC, you may follow the steps below:

Method 1: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

1. Open Action Center (Win+A).

2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

Method 2: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

1. Click/tap on the network icon in the taskbar notification area.

2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Method 3: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Settings

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Airplane mode on the left side, and turn on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Windows 10 laptop stuck in airplane mode

The main way on my laptop is via Settings > Network & Internet > Flight Mode but hidden away in Settings > Update & Security is a Troubleshoot option (4th down in that menu on mine). A couple there might be appropriate.

But on my HP Envy laptop I can also toggle airplane mode on/off using F12 key. Is there such a toggle on your keyboard?

Taffy087, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

I am having this same issue and have not found a fix. Also on a desktop. Airplane mode being stuck on disables on-board WiFi and Bluetooth (even removes them from device manager). I am very much looking for a fix for this.

SavingPrincess, Sep 26, 2015
  5. pvanc Win User
    For what it's worth, the airplane mode just finally disappeared on my desktop. It does not show in Network and internet in setting anymore. It was nothing I did it just stopped showing up. I am able to enable my wifi adapter without the airplane mode showing up. It was not causing any problem here but just seemed strange to have airplane mode in desktop settings.

pvanc, Sep 26, 2015
  6. how did you do it?

ervinkiller, Dec 15, 2015
  7. I found it automatically shows up when you have a UPS plugged in, as then Windows thinks it's a laptop all of a sudden. =/

SavingPrincess, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

1. Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings - Similar Threads - Airplane Mode toggle

2. Cannot find the airplane mode toggle in network& internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find the airplane mode toggle in network& internet: Ettinger. I need to turn it off. I have no fn key on my logitech keyboard and there is no off on on the airplane icon in my tray. Help please...
  3. Cannot find the airplane mode toggle in network& internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find the airplane mode toggle in network& internet: Ettinger. I need to turn it off. I have no fn key on my logitech keyboard and there is no off on on the airplane icon in my tray. Help please...
  4. airplane mode on and off status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    airplane mode on and off status: The airplane mode keeps on turning off then few seconds it will turn on however my network will take some time to reconnect back. It slows my productivity. I have Lenovo laptop with Windows 10....
  5. airplane mode on and off status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode on and off status: The airplane mode keeps on turning off then few seconds it will turn on however my network will take some time to reconnect back. It slows my productivity. I have Lenovo laptop with Windows 10....
  6. Airplane mode on and off automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode on and off automatically: Hi, community i'm frustrated right now, in my laptop I have windows 10 , and airplane mode keep on and off automatically, it's not letting me do any work.. I can't even trun it off, if I trun off it gets truned on automatically, I tried all solutions out there which are...
  7. Airplane mode toggles itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airplane mode toggles itself: Hi, I just installed Win 10 on an old Laptop and the airplane mode toggles itself the whole time. No keys are stuck https://youtu.be/-PGREmmqY2Y submitted by /u/xander1401 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htzdym/airplane_mode_toggles_itself/
  8. Windows 10 - Airplane mode toggling on and off in infinite loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Airplane mode toggling on and off in infinite loop: In my PC, the airplane mode is toggling on and off in infinite loop. I re-installed the WiFi driver, but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-airplane-mode-toggling-on-and-off-in/f1765bda-de61-4552-9da5-87c0080e9333
  9. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  10. Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?

Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?: As the title suddenly I cannot connect and have the airplane mode on. I have no wireless installed on the machine. Clicking it in the tray does nothing. Its seems to be grayed or shaded. I have no toggle for it in network settings. I have to restart to get online but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network & internet settings only shows airplane mode

2. gaming 5 wifi airplane mode wont toggle