Windows 10: Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend

Discus and support Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It'll be 90% off on Steam for 48 hours starting tomorrow at 10 AM PST. It's a great game that kind of blends Stephen King with Twin Peaks. Alan Wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by blackroseMD1, May 12, 2017.

1. Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend

It'll be 90% off on Steam for 48 hours starting tomorrow at 10 AM PST. It's a great game that kind of blends Stephen King with Twin Peaks.

Alan Wake on Steam

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

blackroseMD1, May 12, 2017

2. Changing the default save location for Windows Store apps breaks Symbolic Links in Windows 10.

I use Symbolic Links heavily for moving games to my SSD for the faster reading speed but still having them appear to be on my hard drive where Origin or Steam or whatever game client is trying to read them from, this is much simpler than actually completely
    moving them to the SSD. An example of the commands I use to do this for a specific game can be found below.

xcopy /E /V /I /F /Y "D:\Steam Games\Alan Wake" "C:\Games\Steam Links\Alan Wake"

cmd /C rd /S /Q "D:\Steam Games\Alan Wake"

cmd /C mklink /J "D:\Steam Games\Alan Wake" "C:\Games\Steam Links\Alan Wake"

The above copies the game from my HDD called D: to my SSD called C: and then creates a link in the original location on the D: drive.

This worked perfectly up until yesterday when I clicked on the Start Button, clicked on Settings, Clicked on System, Clicked on Storage and then under the Save Locations section changed the default drive New apps will save to from the default (which is CAlan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend :)
    to the D: drive. After doing this all my Symbolic links no longer work. Now when I try to open the above game through the shortcut on the D: drive for example it gives the following error: "D:\Steam Games\Alan Wake is not accessible. The system cannot move
    the file to a different disk drive." However if I go to my C: drive where it was now copied to and then linked back, I am able to open the game perfectly so the files themselves are not corrupt.

I have tried troubleshooting by going through all services to see if something changed and even ran SFC scans and CHKDSKs and all are coming back as clear. I did however discover that the links will work if I boot into safe mode but further than that I have
    made no progress in fixing it. I have confirmed that the error lies with Windows though as I was able to replicate the error on my brother's laptop quite easily. I symlinked a couple games from his one drive to the other a few moments ago, tested all the shortcut
    links and everything was working fine, went to the Storage settings and changed the default save location of New Windows store apps from his C:drive to his D:drive, the moment I clicked Apply I immediately checked the symlinks again and they were then giving
    the exact same error as above. Changing the default New Apps save location back to C:drive does not fix the problem either.

Please can a Microsoft Representative pass this information along to the development team so this can be fixed?

David Lombard, May 12, 2017
  3. DaVoodoo Win User
    Changing the default save location for Windows Store apps breaks Symbolic Links in Windows 10.

I have exactly the same problem and have been googling for weeks without any answers. I hope Microsoft fixes this. :-(

DaVoodoo, May 12, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend

I own and have completed the game. Enjoyed the first one but second one was a bit repetitive. Is it just disappearing from the Store or from our accounts as well? I know we just buy the license when we buy games and software, but surely they wouldn't remove it if you already have it.

swarfega, May 12, 2017
  5. If you already own it, it stays on your account. It's just being removed from the store due to music licensing issues.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend

1. Alan Wake disappearing from Steam after this weekend - Similar Threads - Alan Wake disappearing

2. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  3. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  4. WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep: Hello, I know this issue has been raised a couple of times and I have read most of the troubleshooting provided on other forums but to no avail. I would like to raise this issue again with hopes of finding solutions. Issue: When waking up from sleep, Wifi is disconnected....
  5. Speakers disappear after waking screen up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers disappear after waking screen up!: Hi all, after my last GPU drivers update Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Logitech Z313 speakers after waking up my AOC C24G1 monitor. If i restart the system it recognize the audio coming from monitor (the speakers are connected by green jack to the monitor) but if PC goes...
  6. Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a way to reset the display resolution of Alan Wake for PC from the Epic Games store: Original problem is that some graphics were displaying incorrectly, and as I worked through the display options trying to fix them, I made it down to display resolutions. It was playing in 1920x1080, and I switched it to the next resolution down, 1768x992, which caused it to...
  7. [PC] Alan Wake Epic Games Store Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [PC] Alan Wake Epic Games Store Language: Hi, I got Alan Wake on Epic Games Store but the game is in English and I can't put it in French. I've looked for solutions for Steam and GoG versions but there is none for EGS and those that I checked don't work. Have anybody an idea to change the language of the game?...
  8. windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode: first of all, forgive my bad english, i try to make this understandable. this thread is not for asking question, but rather to giving solution or opinion to the subject. just now im facing with problems where my windows 10 icons disappearing after waking from sleep mode....
  9. Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary Hard Drive Disappears After Wake From Sleep: After the most recent update (1809), when waking from sleep Windows can't find my secondary drive. If I reboot it's back again, but having to do a reboot after sleep is NOT convenient! I was an earlier post that this problem occurred before (think it was 2016). I have a...
  10. Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep: Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the dialog open with a right click. It only comes back if I open the Task Manager or a separate window. Strangely if I manually...