Windows 10: Alarm apps to break through Quiet Hours now in Windows 10

Discus and support Alarm apps to break through Quiet Hours now in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We just enabled this in the next Insider fast-ring flight of the Creators Update! All third-party alarm apps will break through quiet hours now, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Alarm apps to break through Quiet Hours now in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 14, 2016

2. quiet hours widows 10 mobile

Hello Adam,

Quiet hours will turn on automatically at the times you've set. But you can still turn it on manually. When you go to Quiet hours setting it will give many flexible options that allows you to customize Quiet hours accordingly. For example, you can
    set date on which the phone should enable the quite hours along with Start and End time. Basis to which Quiet hours will turn on automatically. However,
    alarms from Alarm apps overrides quiet hours.

It also allows you to Edit break-through list. Where you can allow the emergency calls from desired contacts. Moreover Cortana will also send text to contacts who aren't allowed through, saying that I'm busy at the moment.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Will alarms work through quiet hours?

Yes, alarms from the Alarms app overrides quiet hours. I do this every morning.

Calendar and task reminders from the Calendar app, do NOT, however, fire during quiet hours. They will instead go off at once when the phone exits quiet hours. Only alarms from the Alarms app overrides quiet hours.

Entegy, Nov 14, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Well yea, this is a no brainer lol.

swarfega, Nov 14, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What would be even better is to have an advanced option in "Settings -> Apps & features" for each app to turn on/off allowing to break through Quiet Hours.

Brink, Nov 15, 2016
  6. zooburner Win User
    Why would anyone want an alarm that windows wouldn't let alarm in the first place !!
    This is funny

zooburner, Nov 15, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    I was thinking that but as it says in the comments on the link that is up to the developer of the app.
    I guess if MS don't make the facility to allow only certain apps to break through quiet hours then badly written apps could all break through - whether they were alarms or not - if the toast notification was set like that. Presumably turning off notifications altogether on a per-app basis (which you can already do) would stop this though.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Alarm apps to break through Quiet Hours now in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Alarm apps break

2. cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10: i want to turn off quiet hours, so: "How to configure Quiet Hours in Windows 10 Click the Action Center button in the taskbar. It looks like a speech bubble. Right-click Quiet hours. Click Go to settings. Click the switches beneath any options you'd like to disable or...
  3. Any random alarm clock app now disappears in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any random alarm clock app now disappears in Windows 10: Yes, I am having an ongoing problem. I have been using an alarm clock app for years, from xp, vista, windows 7, and now windows 10. In the last three weeks, everytime I open my alarm clock , it is disappearing after a couple of hours, and I am not able to reload it. This...
  4. Any random alarm clock app now disappears in Windows 10

Any random alarm clock app now disappears in Windows 10: Yes, I am having an ongoing problem. I have been using an alarm clock app for years, from xp, vista, windows 7, and now windows 10. In the last three weeks, everytime I open my alarm clock , it is disappearing after a couple of hours, and I am not able to reload it. This...
  5. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?: Can someone confirm that Microsoft actually removed the ability to schedule quiet hours in Windows 10? If appears the scheduling function was removed and they added "Focus Assist" which only allows you to MANUALLY TOGGLE the notification sound suppression....
  6. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: Moved to General Discussion. 32979
  7. Quiet Hours Symbol

in Windows 10 Support
    Quiet Hours Symbol: Every time I boot up or reboot the notification shows the PC has turned on quiet hours and the little Quiet hours symbol shows. I can turn quiet hours off manually by going into the notification area and toggle the quiet hours pane. I do not wish to do this every boot...
  8. Made by you - Alarms break through Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 News
    Made by you - Alarms break through Quiet Hours: Hey Insiders, both app developers and users alike! As you can well imagine, there has been a long history of developer focus at Microsoft and our engineering team loves to engage with our developers as they innovate. At Microsoft we listen to customer feedback across many...
  9. Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature: Windows 10’s Quiet Hours feature, first introduced on Windows Phone, is getting upgraded with the upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 4 release. Microsoft is currently testing a new version of the Quiet Hours feature in an internal build of Windows 10, first leaked by Synergy...
  10. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.10586 according to the `ver` command). When I first installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, the Action Center behaved in a way I would have considered normal. At some point in the evening, it would go into "quiet hours" and I looked...