Windows 10: Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

Discus and support Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 latest update (July 2018) WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertFoster5, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 latest update (July 2018)

WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website:

musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com

This is an inferior option compared to the prior site:

redir.metaservices.microsoft.com

That original site allowed for custom search options (e.g. modify searches once in lookup mode or to enter custom album data). A very useful option for classical music collectors who often find their low-selling albums listed but incomplete or not listed at all.

Tried "hosts" file fix from June 2018 article below to redirect to former metaservices site but does not work:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/583e6de9-859c-4c62-ad07-029ea41b6082/this-is-still-a-problem?forum=win10itprogeneral

How do I reinstall/redirect WMP to redir.metaservices.microsoft.com?

Hate your new xbox media info site: no flexibility or customization option. It's even more disgraceful that I had Google my way to what info I did find as MS in-line help in WMP is utterly useless. No apparent way to select my media info web site within the program. I got zero current results at MS's web site regardless of how specific a search I ran. This is hardly any sort of upgrade to my mainstay media player and abysmal customer support.

Fix this or my next step will be to find a replacement media player from another supplier and rethink whether to upgrade my current Office suite or replace it with a competitor's product.

:)

RobertFoster5, Jul 10, 2018

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

Window Media Player 12 On Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Do you face this issue with any particular album or with all albums?
    By design Windows Media Player 12 doesn’t stretch the pictures like other media players and shows the original size of the album art.

You may customize the album art manually by adding a picture of your choice or matching an album in your Player Library with an entry in the online database or try changing the album art with a bigger size picture manually and
    check.

For more information, refer this link.

Add or change album art in Windows Media Player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-or-change-album-art-in-Windows-Media-Player

Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.

Arul_D, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

1. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom... - Similar Threads - Album Info Lookup

2. Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype: Hello,I like to rip my CDs using windows media player and I rip in WAV so I can burn CDs and FLAC So I can store album info in metadata. I used to have my windows media player setup in such a way that the two rips of the album were divided by file type, but now I did...
  3. Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype: Hello,I like to rip my CDs using windows media player and I rip in WAV so I can burn CDs and FLAC So I can store album info in metadata. I used to have my windows media player setup in such a way that the two rips of the album were divided by file type, but now I did...
  4. No album art in Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No album art in Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10: I accidentally clicked on WMP for windows 10 and the album art vanished, it's still there when i look in the album section, but in compact mode it is not there, i've tried but am clueless as to how to get it back Any suggestions please?...
  5. windows media player "find album info"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player "find album info": i have Windows10, media player, i want to rip cd and convert to mp3. However, i can't get album info when i click on "find album info" how do i rectify this? It was working until a couple months ago....
  6. Transfering albums from the old windows media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering albums from the old windows media player: Please help, I am having trouble burning CD's from my old type Windows media player so I have just installed the Express burn by NCH software. Can anybody tell me how can transfer all my ripped albums on to the new downloaded player. Thanks in anticipation. Patricia...
  7. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music: Hello, Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10 1809 : what happenbed to the old site/custom album info option? Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website: musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com...
  8. Media Player - 'find album info' not working

Media Player - 'find album info' not working: Hello This past month, Media Player has ceased being able to locate album information for audio CDs. It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I request that it finds album info, the Internet Explorer 'website cannot be found' error is displayed. The CDs I am using are...
  9. Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue: I know that the Solution of the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue has been sovled many times but I still don't know how to do the steps can anyone please just make a youtube video guide on how to fix the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue because so far...
  10. Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info

Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info: Dunno when this happened, was ok after the initial W7 -> W10 change, but when i try and rip an album now i just get a Not Found page about redir.metaservices. googled a bit, most answers are years old, others report no effect, and what i've tried [checking privacy settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com

2. windows media player 12 find album info

3. musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com

4. music match does not work,
  5. find and edit album info in windows media player 12 on windows 10,
  6. windows media player album lookup,
  7. musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive,
  8. windows media player looking for albums in xboxlive,
  9. wmp album lookup,
  10. redirect metaservices microsoft,
  11. remove musicmatch ssl xboxlive,