Windows 10: Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios

Discus and support Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded from the stock gtx 555 to the 1050ti, upon booting it displays the alienware splash screen and has a small window to enter key strokes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephValentine, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios

I upgraded from the stock gtx 555 to the 1050ti, upon booting it displays the alienware splash screen and has a small window to enter key strokes for boot loder /setup but wont actually enter them or continue to load windows. it gives a single beep at a regular ~15sec interval.

Im assuming this is a bios conflict (curently A03)

I tried updating through dell website and the A06 or A07 requests i restart the application when I attemp to run it. Lower than hat states the driver failed. A14 starts but then says to run A06/07. I attempted to use rufus and load them from bios but it skips over my USB

i have confirmed the card is not bad, i have confirmed it is not a psu issue. I also uninstalled the gtx555 drivers and downloaded the 1050ti for instal prep.

Im not sure what else to do...(currently windows 10)

:)

JosephValentine, Jul 25, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jul 25, 2018
  3. UNEXPECT_STORE_EXCEPTION Alienware X51 R2

Model is Alienware x51 R2

The computer crashes so hard it doesn't create a mini-dump

System Info: SystemSum.txt

Driver View: DriverView.txt

RickJames522, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Carlos F. Win User

Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios

Cannot see or access bios Alienware x51 mid 2012

Hi,

My Alienware x51 originally came with Windows 7 and Bios, however I updated to Windows 10 and updated Bios from Dell website and then enabled the UEFI option.

For some unknown reason I no longer see any alienware boot screen, which previously allowed me to access the bios/uefi menu. I need to access it but do not seem to be able to access the bios/uefi menu. The computer just shows a complete black screen as if
    no computer was connected. The only time windows 10 work seems to be after waiting for a couple of minutes before powering it on. Restarting the pc gives the complete black screen with no signal detected. Any advise would be welcome.

I would also like to know the recommended settings for uefi with windows 10, is it recommended to enable secure boot, and standard boot, also the legacy compatible should be turned on ?

Regards,

Carlos

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Carlos F., Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios

1. Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios - Similar Threads - Alienware X51 booting

2. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  3. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  4. Can’t access boot options in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t access boot options in BIOS: In the BIOS I can’t get into the boot settings unless I have my HDD plugged in. So I took the HDD out and installed e SSD so that it could only launch off SSD and now in the bios it’s not even letting me choose what to use as boot option 1. If I check the boot sequence by...
  5. Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alienware (Dell) BIOS update: Denis @Try3 I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs. Site Bugs and Suggestions [4] Normally, since I've had this machine, about 3 1/2 years, BIOS updates are shown to me as part of the Alienware Update app or if I go to Dell Support...
  6. GTX 1060 no longer detected on Alienware X51 R2 after the May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX 1060 no longer detected on Alienware X51 R2 after the May 2020 update: My friend as cleaning up his old Alienware X51 R2 computer, which had been upgraded with an SSD and GTX 1060. He eventually ended up downloading and installing the new May 2020 update. After installing the update, only the old VGA monitor connected to his 1060 works, but...
  7. Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver": (machine translated) Hello, I recently bought a Dell Alienware 15 R1 online, unfortunately I found that it crashes regularly as soon as you try to play games. The games themselves are going well. The notebook crashes randomly and spits out a BSOD with the comment "Tread stuck...
  8. Can’t boot after exiting BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t boot after exiting BIOS: So I’ve been running into problem after problem after problem. It started off when my laptop froze out of nowhere so I turned it off and back on again and I noticed I wasn’t able to connect to wifi. I soon figured out that the wifi adapter in device manager wasn’t enabled. So...
  9. Alienware x51 Black screen with cursor while installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alienware x51 Black screen with cursor while installing Windows 10: When installing windows 10 my computer restarted and it's now a black screen with a cursor. I'm not sure what to do I tried doing things like pressing Ctrl+alt+delete but it doesn't do anything, And if I can is it possible to revert back to windows 7? I've also tried...
  10. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS: Hi, got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not listed in device manager and I can’t manually or automatically install a driver or see it in device manager. If I set intel PTT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware does not boot does not enter setup

2. windows 10 issues for alienware x51 r1 bios

3. x51 r1 not picking up harddrive in bios

4. x51 r1 black screen bios update,
  5. alienware x51 r1 trouble installing.windows. 7,
  6. alienware x51 r3 bios update,
  7. x51 cannot boot to usb,
  8. Alienware m15x not booting,
  9. alienware area 51 vga fan does not start,
  10. alienware x51 r1 run unsigned bios,
  11. download a a03 bios for a x51 r1,