Windows 10: All accounts Standard when normal boot

Discus and support All accounts Standard when normal boot in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is weird. If I boot normally, all three accounts, including the built-in Administrator account become Standard accounts, even though they were all... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ztruker, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

All accounts Standard when normal boot

This is weird. If I boot normally, all three accounts, including the built-in Administrator account become Standard accounts, even though they were all setup as Administrator.

If I boot to Safe mode or Safe Mode with Networking then they all are Administrator accounts.

Not a clue what causes this or how to fix it.

Right now I'm running Windows Repair All-In-One. Will see if that helps.

This computer also boots to a black screen two out of three times (not always though, sometimes more, sometimes less.). If WRAIO doesn't do the job I'll tray a Refresh. If no joy there then I'll clean install. I have a good Macrium image backup so won't lose anything no matter what I do.

Anyone else ever seen this?

:)

Ztruker, Oct 31, 2015

2. Files missing after installing an update to windows 10

Hello everyone.

I have had windows 10 for some time without any problems.

Earlier today I downloaded a range of windows 10 updates. The only information I have as to what kind of update it was is the name "IFF-MSI".

Now when my computer rebooted, I was automatically logged into another account than the one I'm used to. I'm guessing that I was logged in to some sort of "standard administrator account". The account I was logged in to looks like the standard account you
    begin with when you first upgraded to windows 10, beacause none of the settings I've had on my normal account was present here. On my normal account I had also disabled the search bar in the task bar, but it was present here in this standard administrator
    account.

On this standard administrator account, however, I was not able to find any of my files, which are normally placed under "This PC" and then "Documents" (marked with red on the screenshot below). On my normal account, I would find all my files here, but they
    were missing on this standard account.

Instead I was able to locate my files under OS (CAll accounts Standard when normal boot :) -> Users -> Andreas (my name) -> Documents. (Marked with blue on the screenshot)

For some reason I decided to drag all my files from "Documents" marked in blue and to "Documents" marked in red on the standard administrator account.

Then I logged off the standard administrator account to check if my normal account was accessible in the log-in screen, which it was.

I then logged into my normal account, which had all the normal settings I've had the past year and with all the apps in the desktop I'm familiar with. But now on my normal account none of my files are to be found, not in the blue marked documents or the
    red marked documents.

Furthermore I was able to try system restorage earlier, which I tried, but it then said "error a file cannot be found, you may have an anti-virus program installed. Disable it and try again etc." When I tried that, the computer still would not do a system
    restorage and now I don't have the option at all as it says "it is not possible to do system restorage, because there is none".

Can someone help?

Translation for screenshot:

"Denne PC" = This PC

"Brugere" = Users

"Dokumenter" = Documents.

Andreas_Winther1994, Oct 31, 2015
  3. PetterL Win User
    Menu error without Cortana, Apps do not work also.

When I turned on the computer today I some what find the Windows update and got in and it needed an restart.

On my way back in I found that I now had two account listed on left part of the screen beside the normal login.

I went back in on my normal account in hope that it should have been fixed, but was not. I then logged out again and

this time selected the Adminaccount. Greeted by a first time setup. When finally done. I found the menu working.

I tried then to add a new account to select Other account.

When select the + button the screen just flash and it look like nothing has happened. Sometimes it also work for some seconds before returning to normal without no result.

I tried to change the account type on the local admin. Not main admin to standard user and back again after a boot. But now it just boot into the admin account.

PetterL, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Jeeves Win User

Hi Ztruker,
    Yes I had a similar issue, see Duplicate account entries in UAC and other Windows oddities! - Windows 10 Forums
    Only one of my Administrators became User, though. The built-in administrator and another admin I rarely use were not affected, so I could use the second admin to "fix" the "broken" one, by adding it to the Administrators group again.

Besides, a User account was affected too. It was not in the Users group any longer. It was not in any groups, and it did not even show on the logon screen. I had to add it again to the Users and Home Users groups.

Both the Administrator and User account that were affected are linked to Microsoft accounts. The other admins (not affected) are local accounts. However, I don't know it being linked or not linked with a Microsoft accout has anything to do with the issue at hand.
    Also, I had recently changed the Computer Name on the PC, and edited something in User Accounts, like adding a "description" to my User account.

Now everything seems to be working fine. Only thing, in the UAC screen I see two entries for the same admin (the one that became a user and I had to add to admins again), sharing the same name (actually the microsoft account email address) and same password. Only difference, one entry shows the avatar pic, the other is blank.

Jeeves, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. All accounts Standard when normal boot - Similar Threads - accounts Standard normal

2. Account Locked in a standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Locked in a standard account: Hi there, I have accidentally changed my main windows account the one I use to a standard account and don't know how to change back to a administrator as I need to be able to download things and it isn't letting me saying I need to be an administrator. I have also lost access...
  3. Account Locked in a standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Locked in a standard account: Hi there, I have accidentally changed my main windows account the one I use to a standard account and don't know how to change back to a administrator as I need to be able to download things and it isn't letting me saying I need to be an administrator. I have also lost access...
  4. How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users: Hi, I accidentally made all the accounts in my pc normal users there is no administrators how can I make on of them admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-account-admin-if-all-the-accounts/de0c26a5-9cda-45a4-93ba-3b779152de66
  5. restore normal boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore normal boot: I need to restore normal boot from command line. I set clean boot from windows, but this computer must have a local account and the Microsoft Password doesn't work Yes, I know I have it correct. I would like to restore normal boot from the command line....
  6. Standard Account Problem

Standard Account Problem: My account is standard. The administrator is Guest. And I don’t know what the password for Guess is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account-problem/5f2f054c-af64-4b45-9a60-7a68fb3be4c7"
  7. Standard account

Standard account: How to make a standard account if I am the administrato. Is it safer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account/4d0a737f-11b0-4df8-8c05-cb4aa03ba76b"
  8. STandard Account

STandard Account: Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning-windows_10/standard-account/8aa263a5-3435-47e8-a3fe-e779dfdcd8bc
  9. Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones: Hi, is there a way to convert administrative accounts on 8 of my PCs into normal accounts? Without registry or gpedit.msc access. But they are currently the only administrative accounts on these PCs. How do I achieve this? I want the data in My Documents and Desktop...
  10. Can't boot normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot normal: So last night my PC went into sleep. Then upon waking it up, it never displayed the login box to access my desktop again. Once I restarted the computer it would load into a grey screen where spinning dots never stopped. I've done some troubleshooting through command prompt in...