Windows 10: All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

Discus and support All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bigyihsuan, Mar 2, 2015.

1. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive.

Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer. Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: Now File Explorer is taking roughly 5 minutes to open when it usually takes less than a second.

:)

bigyihsuan, Mar 2, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Mar 2, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

Sawasdee krub

before all , thank you on your reply . it's the first message I got for several crazy day that's I can't tranfer file of my baby .

as I know , normally , we can go in to "home media " menu and setup . But on my case , when I go to " home media" menu . it's suddenly push back to " connectivity " manu . So I can't done anything *-*! . Please kindly share experience with me for N79 user .
    Are you in same situation like me

moo09, Mar 2, 2015
  4. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

Ask you dad to undo what he did. I'm not sure how he 'shared' the drive or to what.

Slartybart, Mar 4, 2015
  5. I've already deshared the drive, but the effects are still there.

Interestingly, only certain applications work without having to run as an admin. For example, I have WinRar that I installed with my admin account, but Google Chrome, which was also installed with my admin account, doesn't work.

I've also noticed that applications that were extracted (i.e. from a zip/iso/rar, etc.) don't work.

bigyihsuan, Mar 4, 2015
  6. Try creating a new admin type account to see if that new user profile has the same issue.

Slartybart, Mar 4, 2015
  7. I made a local admin account called test, and now it works!

bigyihsuan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

1. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin" - Similar Threads - applications run clicking

2. Can only run files as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can only run files as admin: I’ve recently run into an issue with all executable files on my PC.For some reason, the default for all .exe files is to be run as administrator. I saw two other users with similar issues but the fixes that worked for them didn’t work for me. I checked the registry and all...
  3. everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?

everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?: a while back i had to give myself more permissions in order to bring files over from my old PC. i have no had any issues with this since, but have noticed some programs that point out to me that i am going to "run it as admin" even though i have no clicked the option to do so...
  4. Stopping an application from running on admin

Stopping an application from running on admin: When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the box ticked itself automatically. Please help....
  5. All apps running in admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All apps running in admin privileges: I think a virus modified a registry and now all my apps are running in admin privileges despite of I click run as administrator or not. Any way to reset this registry? Pls help, and thanks. submitted by /u/Eminencia-Animations [link] [comments]...
  6. [help] No sound when running application as admin

[help] No sound when running application as admin: When I run an application as an admin you will usually here that sound after u right click the application and press run as administrator. My pc is not doing that how do I fix this? Another example is when I click my volume meter in the bottom right (0-100) it usually makes...
  7. Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking

Still can't run anything as admin when right clicking: Only way I can run something as admin is creating a shortcut on desktop, going to Properties > Advanced > Run as administrator. Nothing else works. Things I have tried: sfc /scannow New user profile Tried disabling every possible service I really CBA to format, but if...
  8. application run as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    application run as admin: Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile 2. but when my user login with domain user profile and...
  9. Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin: Since I updated to win 10... There is an icon that looks like a shield with bluenand yellow squares on chrome icon... Any idea how to fix thi? It's annoying Thanks 24894
  10. How to make an application to run as admin on all PCs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make an application to run as admin on all PCs?: I have a made a small software for personal use but I want to run it as an Administrator on all computers. Not just through Right-Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this Program as a an Administrator. I want it like always run this program as an administrator...