Windows 10: "All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

Discus and support "All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At some point my "All apps" button has stopped working. Clicking on it causes the apps list to flash very very briefly then dumps me back to home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdmike52, Oct 9, 2015.

1. mdmike52 Win User

"All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

At some point my "All apps" button has stopped working. Clicking on it causes the apps list to flash very very briefly then dumps me back to home screen. Everything else seems to work OK.
    Anyone know where the links in that list of apps is stored? I'm thinking one of the links is broken causing the whole list to shut down, and if I remove links from the list one by one I can find it. That's the only thing I can think to try.
    Unfortunately no restore points exist and Repair tools like Startup Repair Etc. does not help.
    Any other Ideas / Suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

:)

mdmike52, Oct 9, 2015

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Oct 9, 2015
  3. okinawa---01, Oct 9, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

5. YOU
    You Win User
    Try moving all of the shortcuts out of there to a different location then attempting to open the All Apps screen. If it starts working, it's a shortcut causing the problem. If it continues to misbehave, then try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't, a program is probably causing the problem and should disable r startup programs one-by-one to pinpoint the problem. If can't get the Start menu to work, a last resort is to run sfc /scannow in Command Prompt as administrator to find out if have any corrupt system files.

Boot into safe mode - How to start or boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode
    Disable startup programs - http://anewdomain.net/2015/07/26/how...-up-load-time/
    SFC SCANNOW - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-695b60477a93

6. mdmike52 Win User
    Tried all suggestions with no success
    SFC get " Win. Resource Protection could not perform Req. Operation"
    DISM / Online Etc. Gets to 100% then "Error 1009" " Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt"

Tried Reloading Windows 10 from disk but it also fails - Error 0x80070004-0x2000D , Failed in "Safe_OS" Phase with Error During "Migrate_Data" Operation.

Any Ideas ??

Mike

mdmike52, Oct 11, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    Did run Command Prompt as administrator (right click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator) before running SFC/ SCANNOW?

8. mdmike52 Win User

Yes ran both SFS & DCIM an elevated command prompt as administrator. Apparently neither of them can repair the configuration database registry. I think that's the core problem. Is there another way to repair or restore that file?

mdmike52, Oct 11, 2015
  9. mdmike52 Win User
    I actually access command prompt administrator by pressing Windows key Plus X been choosing command prompt administrator. That should be okay right? It says command prompt administrator at top of command prompt window.

mdmike52, Oct 11, 2015
  10. mdmike52 Win User
    I have access to other computers running Windows 10. Is there a way I can snatch that file from one of them and somehow trick this other computer into using it or repairing it?

mdmike52, Oct 11, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    Try looking in explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-B780-3893943456e1} for all apps. That most likely will be the target, but you will have permission problems to access the all apps.

When you ran DISM, what error did you receive?

essenbe, Oct 11, 2015
  12. mdmike52 Win User
    DISM / Online Etc.--- Gets to 100% then--- "Error 1009" " Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt"

Ran Chkdsk /r as administrator - No Help. Still "Error 1009" " Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt"
    when running DISM.

mdmike52, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored? - Similar Threads - apps Button working

2. Where are all the apps installed from Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are all the apps installed from Microsoft Store?: Recently I installed Minecraft Launcher, and wanted to make a shortcut of the .exe, so I can put it on the desktop for easily access, but I don't know where is the application stored....
  3. Where are all the apps installed from Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are all the apps installed from Microsoft Store?: Recently I installed Minecraft Launcher, and wanted to make a shortcut of the .exe, so I can put it on the desktop for easily access, but I don't know where is the application stored....
  4. where is the "replace all button"

where is the "replace all button": while trying to add a texture pack to my game,which has over 1000 textures,when replacing the original files with the new one,the windows only show 2 options,one to override one single file,and one to ignore it,and it goes for all files,i dont really want to replace 1000...
  5. where is the "replace all button"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the "replace all button": while trying to add a texture pack to my game,which has over 1000 textures,when replacing the original files with the new one,the windows only show 2 options,one to override one single file,and one to ignore it,and it goes for all files,i dont really want to replace 1000...
  6. where is the SEARCH button search symbol? on Phone Link app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the SEARCH button search symbol? on Phone Link app?: 1. There are always "search" symbol on any kind of text apps. However, i don't see Microsoft Phone Link has this function on my desktop app. It makes searching for particular messages/texts from long time ago very difficult.2. I found that Windows version of desktop Phone...
  7. where is the SEARCH button search symbol? on Phone Link app?

where is the SEARCH button search symbol? on Phone Link app?: 1. There are always "search" symbol on any kind of text apps. However, i don't see Microsoft Phone Link has this function on my desktop app. It makes searching for particular messages/texts from long time ago very difficult.2. I found that Windows version of desktop Phone...
  8. Microsoft Store app link not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app link not working: I have had to do a fresh clean install of windows 10. Windows is working & i can run some of my other programs. Microsoft Store icon/link will not work it is showing on the start menu with a white line underneath it, along with the calculator , calendar, office, mail,...
  9. Windows Store "Get" button not working at all

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store "Get" button not working at all: I cannot download any app after recent update 1909, i tried to sign out and re sign in but that didnt work, WSreset didnt work either BTW the apps i owned have "install" option instead of "Get" which can be redownloaded but that "Get" button is not working at all please...
  10. Where are Quick Access links stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are Quick Access links stored?: I have Windows 10 1803 on my desktop, and the Quick Access shortcuts are stored in my User... Links folder. I just built a new desktop for a client and loaded 1809. Yes - I am showing Hidden Files and Folders. I pinned a few locations to Quick Access, except I messed...