Windows 10: All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

Discus and support All apps close when I close laptop lid - why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes. Mike Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thornbma, Apr 4, 2018.

1. thornbma Win User

All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes.

Mike

thornbma, Apr 4, 2018
  2. thornbma Win User

This problem has only developed over the last few days, and I am not aware that I have changed any settings. Whenever my laptop lid is closed for more than about ten minutes all apps close, and have to be restarted when the lid is next opened. If the lid is closed for only a minute or two all apps re-appear as they were when the lid was closed. This happens on both battery and mains power.

When I open the lid after a longer period the computer wakes up and shows the desktop. If I wait for about one minute the Task Manager opens. After a few seconds this shows "Not responding", but then starts working, apparently normally. However, when showing Processes the CPU and Disk usages are both in the 70 - 100% range, and stayy there for at least five minutes. Clicking on the desktop during this period minimizes the Task Manager and I can then restart my apps.

Any pointers and help will be very much appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

:)

thornbma, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Media Streaming Sleep when closing lid

When I'm streaming media, I like to have the lid on my laptop closed, which of course puts the computer to sleep. So, obviously, I changed the "what happens when I close the lid" settings so that it does not go to sleep when I close the lid. Trouble
    is, then it doesn't go to sleep at all, ever, when the lid is closed. How do I rectify this?

BrianAlpiger, Apr 28, 2018
  4. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

Lids Not working

Hi everybody,

My laptop lid sensor is not working, When I install Windows 10 my laptop when lid closed my system go to sleep `in closed lid option is do nothing` , I install my laptop drivers and change system unattended sleep timeout and AHCI lid , my laptop stopped
    sleeping action when lid closed !

now when I close lid my screen does not turn off ,in windows 8.1 that turn off and laptop work as well, but in windows 10 I have so many problems by lid and power options!

my laptop is Asus N550jk ,

please help me to solve my problems

thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

mohammaddeljavan, Apr 28, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  6. thornbma Win User
    Many thanks for your reply and the welcome to Tenforums, Brink. I already have the Lid Close action set to Sleep for both battery and mains power.

My problem appears to have developed further. Having left the lid open last night, this morning all apps had closed. Only the Task Manager was open and it was showing low, but continuous, levels of activity. I'm at a total loss to explain this.

Mike

thornbma, Apr 29, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do you have Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart turned on?

Brink, Apr 29, 2018
  8. thornbma Win User

Yes, the Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart is, and always has been, turned on.

Mike

thornbma, Apr 29, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not sure why they would be automatically closing on you either.

Normally, I would recommend a repair install to see if that may fix the issue, but since the Windows 10 April 2018 update is being released today, it would be better to see how it does after installing it.

Brink, Apr 29, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why? - Similar Threads - apps close close

2. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  3. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  4. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  5. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  6. Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?

Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?: Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid? I always have to restart my work and it is super annoying.[ATTACH] These are my settings....
  7. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  8. When I close my lid it closes Chrome

When I close my lid it closes Chrome: Any time I close the lid for my laptop it closes Chrome when it wakes from sleep. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-close-my-lid-it-closes-chrome/28be4e56-233b-444d-8c72-9d33d9a0a9da
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all apps close when i shut lid on laptop

2. apps closing when lid closes

3. windows apps closing when i close laptop lid

4. why does my laptop closes all applications when i close the lid?,
  5. some apps close when I close my laptops lid,
  6. windows 10 close laptop lid closes all apps,
  7. why do my apps close when closing the laptop lid,
  8. windows now closes apps when i close my laptop,
  9. dont close my apps when i close my laptop lid,
  10. apps are closing when closing the lid,
  11. laptop lid closes all applications