Windows 10: "All Apps" function doesn't work properly

Discus and support "All Apps" function doesn't work properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had windows 10 for several months (previously had windows 7). Up until yesterday, when I clicked on "all apps" an alphabetical list would come up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gr8scot, Sep 20, 2016.

1. gr8scot Win User

"All Apps" function doesn't work properly

I've had windows 10 for several months (previously had windows 7). Up until yesterday, when I clicked on "all apps" an alphabetical list would come up, I'd scroll to what I wanted, and click on it. If there was an item with a sublisting, like Microsoft office a down symbol would appear. Click on that and the sublisting would appear and I could select word, excel, etc. Now when I click on the down symbol it just flips to an up symbol ^ and no sub menu appears. I'd really like to get to excel. This failure to bring up a sub menu happens for every down symbol, not just Microsoft office. What do I do? Try to re-load Windows 10? Uninstall and reinstall Office? Thanks

:)

gr8scot, Sep 20, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Sep 20, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "All Apps" function doesn't work properly :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "All Apps" function doesn't work properly :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "All Apps" function doesn't work properly :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "All Apps" function doesn't work properly :)

musum, Sep 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have any idea what happened yesterday? For example, if you look at your update history- did you receive an update?

Do you have System Restore on, and do you have any useful restore points?

Do you use system imaging (Windows Backup and Restore) or disk imaging which we keep strongly recommending here; that means you can restore an image previously created and get your Windows back running as was without technical help - and even recover from a disk failure or an unbootable PC? (e.g. Macrium reflect (free)).

Those could give you ways to recover.

What is your build version? (Windows key + R, winver).

If you haven't started using those vital recovery methods yet, you could try this:
    Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Excel, for me is listed separately under E? In Office 2016 anyway. If you type E or EX into the search bar it should list Excel in the search results. Then right click it and PIN to your Start Menu or taskbar, temporarily. Until you sort out what's wrong.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "All Apps" function doesn't work properly - Similar Threads - Apps function doesn't

2. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  3. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  4. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  6. Mail app doesn't work properly

Mail app doesn't work properly: When I go to outlook in the Mail app embedded into windows, first it doesn't load the emails, but I can't go to other either... After I click off, it doesn't work, and even when I go to outlook then back to my primary gmail, it still doesn't work properly! WHAT IS GOING ON...
  7. Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Del function doesn't work properly, it permanently delete files: Hi all, I think from latest Win10 update I have a problem on my notebook OS but not on my desktop one. When I press DEL with a selected file, the OS on my notebook ask me if I want to permanently delete that file; I can't just move it to bin. Same thing if I press right mouse...
  8. Function keys not working properly

Function keys not working properly: I've noticed a while ago that some of my function keys are not working properly: 1- fn + f7: used to turn off my screen but not it does nothing 2- fn + f9: used to disable touchpad but now it doesn't work I think the error might have occurred after a windows update,...
  9. Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly: Usoclient scaninstallwait doesn't function properly, its only checks for the updates in server and doesn't download,need cmd which downloads the update from update server...
  10. Apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not functioning properly: Hey guys! I've been a W10 user for the past half year or so, and I must say that I've had pretty good experiences with it. I used it on my cheap desktop, and on my old Asus T100 as a laptop tablet hybrid. But, I got rid of both, and I got myself a second hand Lenovo ThinkPad...