Windows 10: All Apps in Start Menu

Discus and support All Apps in Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CuriousD, Aug 16, 2016.

1. CuriousD Win User

All Apps in Start Menu

Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I can't seem to get that Start Menu back. I don't remember resetting the Start Menu preferences. Is there a way to retrieve my previous start menu? Thanks for the help.

Example of what I had:

All Apps in Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

CuriousD, Aug 16, 2016
  2. szerwony Win User

All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Hi. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I can't find many of my apps. For example I have installed word, but I can run it only by finding word file. I can't find word in start menu. Searching also doesn't find it. I have a lot of applications
    with this problem. But Add or Remove Programs shows all my installed programs.

szerwony, Aug 16, 2016
  3. All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Me three. After the upgrade (From Windows 7) , quite a few of the apps that I have are no longer in the "All Apps" list. They are still installed on my machine, just the shortcut is not in the "All Apps" list

Quite annoying.

RomeoDonaldstone, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

All Apps in Start Menu

That looks like Classic Shell is installed as that is not a normal Win 10 Start menu.
    Try uninstalling Classic Shell if installed then download and install the latest, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2016
  5. CuriousD Win User
    I don't remember installing Classic Shell on my computer. It doesn't appear in my programs list to uninstall. I actually want this arrangement on my Start Menu and I had it without installing anything. My computer came installed with Windows 10.

What I have now doesn't seem right. I have the "All Apps" expanded when I click on the Windows Start Menu icon. This is instead of the usual Start Menu. How do I undo the automatically expanded "All Apps"? There is no option to go back. Thanks.

CuriousD, Aug 16, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I swear that's Classic Shell that you posted a picture of. I've never seen a normal Windows 10 Start Menu that looks like what you posted. Perhaps you need Classic Shell to get back to what you had before?

The big update you received is the Anniversary Update, version 1607 build 14393.0. Several updates on top of it should have taken you to 14393.51. There were some significant changes in the Start Menu for the Anniversary Update and what you are describing is one of the changes (I think).

I use Stardock's Start10 so my Start Menu looks like this:

This is what my normal Windows 10 Start Menu looks like:

This is what Classic Shell looks like. Pretty much identical to the "what you had" picture you posted.

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2016
  7. CuriousD Win User
    Okay, so the update did change things. Glad to know my computer wasn't messed up by the update and that the changes were intentional. I'm betting I'm confused with the old Windows 7 start menu. Thanks for clearing things up.

CuriousD, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

All Apps in Start Menu

Glad I could help. If you liked the Windows 7 Start, give Classic Shell a try. Just uninstall if you don't like it.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

All Apps in Start Menu

1. All Apps in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Apps Start Menu

2. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  3. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  4. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  5. Start Menu not displaying All apps

Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  6. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  9. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390