Windows 10: All apps in start menu

Discus and support All apps in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pethead, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Pethead Win User

All apps in start menu

So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off...

I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap that is installed on the computer. How do I accomplish this?

All apps in start menu [​IMG]

:)

Pethead, Aug 18, 2016
  2. szerwony Win User

All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Hi. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I can't find many of my apps. For example I have installed word, but I can run it only by finding word file. I can't find word in start menu. Searching also doesn't find it. I have a lot of applications
    with this problem. But Add or Remove Programs shows all my installed programs.

szerwony, Aug 18, 2016
  3. All apps in start menu doesn't show all apps

Me three. After the upgrade (From Windows 7) , quite a few of the apps that I have are no longer in the "All Apps" list. They are still installed on my machine, just the shortcut is not in the "All Apps" list

Quite annoying.

RomeoDonaldstone, Aug 18, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

All apps in start menu

You can't accomplish this. This is the new start menu. Lovely isn't it?

JBGoode, Aug 18, 2016
  5. Try this, Settings > Personalization > Start > Use Start Full screen > On. You may also want to turn on Show more tiles.

alphanumeric, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Pethead Win User
    Yea that is a "work around" but then you get the full screen which is not what I want, I want the start menu down in the corner like it is on the picture I posted but without showing "All apps"

I know I might sound "picky" but really, what reason could there be to show ALL the apps when you press start? And the fact that you can't even choose to have it or not is just stupid..

Pethead, Aug 18, 2016
  7. I don't get all apps when I press start? If set to full screen. So you do get a choice. It may not be the choice you want but it is possible to get rid of the All Apps when you click the Start button. Why don't you want full screen?

alphanumeric, Aug 18, 2016
  8. badcrc Win User

All apps in start menu

Classic Shell might do what you want - just shows stuff I've installed, and all the crap is hidden but accessible.

All apps in start menu [​IMG]

badcrc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

All apps in start menu

1. All apps in start menu - Similar Threads - apps start menu

2. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  3. Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu: Hey guys. I have been trying to find a way to clean up the apps in the Start Menu, under All Apps. I tried finding the Directory there are in but I can't find anything. I don't want to uninstall them, I just want to put them in a folder in the Start Menu. Any help?...
  4. Start Menu not displaying All apps

Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  5. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  6. start menu stuck displaying all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu stuck displaying all apps: so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this? [img] 60633
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  9. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390