Windows 10: All apps list link gone after update

Discus and support All apps list link gone after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how can I hide the windows 10 all apps list that's cluttering up my start menu and bring back the all apps link. This latest update reset everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cart45, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Cart45 Win User

All apps list link gone after update

how can I hide the windows 10 all apps list that's cluttering up my start menu and bring back the all apps link.
    This latest update reset everything on my surface pro 3 And changed the start menu can't find a way to restore it to the way I had it
    You spend hours getting it to work the way you want and the next update resets every damn thing to default again why does MS like to cause its customers so much grief.

:)

Cart45, Aug 8, 2016
  2. RPG17A Win User

All Apps Button not showing on Start menu

Hi

I believe the all apps button disappeared after the anniversary update, so it's gone for good. You don't need it anyway as your apps list is there when you press start.

RPG17A, Aug 8, 2016
  3. All apps list mostly empty after recovery

After doing a system recovery and going back 4 days, my list of apps no longer shows Most of my installed apps. I can go to the Windows store and search for the app and click open, which works. That is a bit cludgy. Also, 2 uninstalled apps are constantly
    trying to update, which obviously fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is an insider build installed. I just found out that my Windows Mail app no longer works. Also, my option to go back to Windows 7 is gone. No more recoveries to go back
    to. Serious problems here.

Tom Kenesson, Aug 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, what you're seeing is a design change by MS.
    The start menu has always failed to express a traditional start menu organised with folders and subfolders.. the subfolders vanish, so shortcuts from all programs in one top level folder simply appear in alpha order. A mess.

Plus you can't use the start menu list to organise it as used to be the case to Win 7.

So, if unhappy, (entirely understandable) I recommend using a 3rd party start menu. I like Classic Shell - it just works- but no tiles. If you want tiles, then Start10 or one of the others.

Beyond that, feel free to give feedback to MS, e.g. 'feedback' in Cortana's search box.
    I wouldn't sit there waiting for MS to change it...*chuckle

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    The Start Menu in it's latest form is very poor, but it can be customized. A little time consuming but possible.
    For the most part, your customizations have to be made up of 'shortcuts'.
    Files, such as mp3's etc. will invoke straight from the menu, but, links to folders will not act as sub-folders or 'flyouts', they will simply be links to the actual folder itself.

All apps list link gone after update [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All apps list link gone after update - Similar Threads - apps list link

2. All sticky notes are GONE after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All sticky notes are GONE after update: I found my sticky notes closed this morning. And when I opened the app, the note list was EMPTY!!! Since I always keep my account logged in, I assume the notes are synced and somehow backed up. Then I found notes on my other laptop were also GONE... : WOW How could you...
  3. Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update: I just updated and am now running Windows 10 Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746. I put off the last couple of updates before this because of the very problem I'm having now. But rather than roll back to Ver. 1903, or whatever it was I ran until today, I want to fix this issue,...
  4. Is there a list of all built-in apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a list of all built-in apps?: The only one showing up for me in my Microsoft Store library is Mail and Calendar. What are the rest of them? submitted by /u/OOwAncm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hf6gqw/is_there_a_list_of_all_builtin_apps/
  5. Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. In order to get some apps and games from Google Play Store, I installed the emulator, Bluestacks., which came with Google Play Store. I installed a number of apps and games and they all run fine. The apps and games pin to start and their...
  6. All Apps not listing all apps

All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  7. All Apps not listing all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  8. All Apps Listing

All Apps Listing: I am trying to find out how come I don't see all of my apps in Windows 10. While there is an alphabetic list of them, some of the letters are missing. For example, instead of A B C D, it's A C E G and so on. This only occurred after having to do a factory reset on my...
  9. List of programs gone after W10 update!

List of programs gone after W10 update!: I used to be able to left click on the windows icon and it would show me all the programs on my computer and let me open them. Most of the entries are gone after the anniversary update. Such as "windows accessories" and "windows administration tools". How can I restore...
  10. Missing All Apps List

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing All Apps List: Why don't I have an All Apps list at the bottom of the left hand side of the Start Menu, any thoughts please? 65965