Windows 10: All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet?

Discus and support All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I came from Windows 7 like yesterday and upgraded to Windows 10 last night. I absolutely hate the All Apps menu, and don't see a way to change it much.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JOSHSKORN, Aug 19, 2015.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet?

I came from Windows 7 like yesterday and upgraded to Windows 10 last night. I absolutely hate the All Apps menu, and don't see a way to change it much.

Is there a way to simply remove the Alphabet letters from the All apps menu? I don't really need my apps categorized by letter, just sorted.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Trey27_ Win User

Remove All Apps From The Start Menu?

I just recently updated to the anniversary update of windows 10 and almost everything is super awesome but the start menu... How can I make it so it doesn't show all the apps on the side of the menu because they make it look ugly and messy and it's driving
    me mad.

Surely there has to be a way to remove them via settings or editing the registry?!?!?

Because the start menu from the 10568 update looked literally amazing. I know that I could go back to that update but everything else with the anniversary update looks and works great.

-Thanks

Trey27_, Aug 19, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Remove All Apps From The Start Menu?

Go Settings, Personalization, Start, Use Start full screen

lacrumb, Aug 19, 2015
  4. altae Win User

Unfortunately MS thought it would be a good idea to forbid the user almost any kind of customization of the start menu. I highly recommend you to install classic shell which brings back the classic start menu. You can choose between several styles (XP, Vista, Seven). What's more you do not lose the Windows 10 start menu, with Classic Shell installed it is still possible to open the native start menu. By the way, classic shell is free and open source.

altae, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I went with Stardock's Start10 as I like it better than Classic Shell. Both will do what you want.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I went with Stardock's Start10 ($4.99) as I like it better than Classic Shell. Both will do what you want.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2015
  7. nabucco Win User
    nabucco, Aug 22, 2015
  8. All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet?

Start10 is awesome!

I used Start8 previously. Great app!

chucklehead, Aug 22, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    I had Start8 also and like Start10 a lot:

All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet? [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 22, 2015
  10. altae Win User
    And that's how my start menu looks like (Classic Shell)

All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet? [​IMG]

altae, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet? - Similar Threads - Apps menu remove

2. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  3. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  4. Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal

Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal: I recently installed Win-10-Pro-1909 from scratch and was wondering if anyone has finally found a trick to remove those ugly looking alphabetic headings in the start menu? I have searched for and read older threads on this subject matter on this forum and elsewhere, but so...
  5. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Browsers and Email
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  6. How can I remove all tiles and apps in start menu?

How can I remove all tiles and apps in start menu?: I tried to remove all tiles in the start menu by removing one by one, right-clicking, but whenever I restart the tiles still appear again. How can I keep them deleted, and would this be related to the settings below? I also tried to turn both functions off but it would...
  7. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  8. App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App or Program That can Alphabetize a list: Hi, all. I'm looking for a program, similar to wordpad, that can put all the items listed in alphabetical order. I already have Open office installed, but there's no option that I can find in that program that has the capability I'm looking for. I've looked around on the Net,...
  9. Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps: I have seen several threads where people want to remove this feature but in my case it is actually easier to use than scrolling down through 10 to 20 pages of programs listed by letter to get to "X" for "Xcopy+" for example. Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut one-click...
  10. The Alphabet Menu/Window

in Windows 10 Support
    The Alphabet Menu/Window: Sorry, don't know the proper name for this. It's the small window that opens when you click on a letter in the All Apps menu. Does anyone know the purpose of this ? Surely it can't be to open an app - I reckon it would take 5 clicks from opening the Start menu to getting to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove start alphabet letters windows 10 registry