Windows 10: "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click

Discus and support "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As with the right side of my Start Menu, all icons on my user-installed software picks have also disappeared on the "All Apps" menu. And I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

"All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click

As with the right side of my Start Menu, all icons on my user-installed software picks have also disappeared on the "All Apps" menu. And I am unable to make any of the choices a right-click should offer. Nothing happens if a right-click is used, even on Windows supplied menu items. I cannot uninstall, pin to Start Menu or Task Bar, do nothing that should be available. This all worked as advertised until today, about 3 days into using the system.

Combined with the basically poor design of the "All Apps" menu (I know I am not the only person in the world who had Start Menu categories more than on level deep) this is not good. But it is fun searching for the sub-category applications, all glommed together alphabetically. NOT! This inability of the Start Menu to even be stable (Stable-2, at that, for you Apollo Mission fans) is making a roll-back to W7 look better by the hour. Maybe when this nationwide Gamma Test is completed, Windows 10.1 will be released with some of these problems corrected.

:)

ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 18, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 18, 2015
  4. "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click

How about a clean install of 10? Once you have made sure everything is backed up you want to keep you might just want to consider that option since a great deal of the upgrade installs you first see are going to be... "BUGGY"! buggy buggy buggy buggy... and on like a broken record! The initial upgrade here was also found the way as far as not being able to get the more important softwares like the AV program to even go on without an immediate program crash!

But the problem of not being able to bring up a right click menu when right clicking on the Apps or when having that opened up and still not being able to is NORMAL for 10! That's right! There is no right click option as far as the Apps are concerned so far after seeing three upgrade installs followed by three clean installs on two different systems. When browsing to a program folder and right clicking on the "exe" file that starts it up that should immediately see a right click menu however with the option to pin to either or both the task bar and Start menu's tile section!

During the first week once I got the initial upgrade on finding out I had left a pair of storage drives plugged which by the way when passed along to someone else not able to see 10 go on I got the report back the next day that person found 10 had gone on automatically overnight! I then expressed the need for a possible Upgrade to Repair type install if he found the first BUGGY! as well as then being able to see a clean install replace the upgrade.

As for the second case with a single drive until now that is(one of those two storage drives from the main case now installed for restoration of a 7 image to that) was to first see the 7 primary shrunk down and a clean install of 10 which wouldn't activate quite yet until seeing the upgrade over the 7 install there which fortunately had a full system image backup in storage waiting now for three full years! Just getting done now downloading some 110 628mb updates since the last time was what? July 26, 2012 almost three years to the day as 10's launch with 7 now the secondary OS on the remote case used for testing!

Night Hawk, Aug 18, 2015
  5. ARYLIOA Win User
    We sure agree on the fact that a clean install is a good install, but in my case I have so many applications that it takes me an average of 12 hours to install them all. I have two other computers on which the upgrade from W7 went smooth-as-silk but unfortunately I have already reverted those to W7 until I can thoroughly shake out the system to see if it is going to be a step up from W7. So I have spent 5 or 6 days on this single machine after finding out how to get around the W10 installation. I have been digging, setting, installing, and grumbling. Not a happy start to the relationship.

Thanks for the reply. I may decide to restore one of the other computers to W10, since I do have disk images. If I do, I will post a picture of how the menu appears with a right-click. The problem is that it is a 2 hour process to restore, then another 2 hours to put it back at W7. I may do it tonight.

ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015
  6. ARYLIOA Win User
    These two pictures show the menu item with the cursor resting on it, and with a right-click. Note that the color changes as if it wants to do something, but the choices of actions are not displayed. I will try to restore and get pictures later with the prompts showing. (Using coffee can for 1/2 second exposures, so sorry for the poor quality.)

ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015
  7. ARYLIOA Win User
    I restored one of my other computers to W10. Here is how the right-click is supposed to respond.

(I inadvertently discovered that using the Open file location pick allows you to rename the shortcut and make minor changes to the menu sequence.)

I have no idea what happened on the other computer to have corrupted the Start Menu so badly. I fear I also discovered another thing. The option to repair the OS in W10 actually removes all user-installed software and effectively does a clean install. I think that is entirely new behavior from any Windows version I have run in the past (and I go back to at least 3.1 and used every major version up to W7). That is certainly not an advantageous change.

ARYLIOA, Aug 18, 2015
  8. "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click

If those are folders and not individual shortcuts you have to open them up first and right click on the executable tucked away on the inside. You can't pin complete folders to the Start tile area as some other things like Games that have to be opened up to view first. I think where you are having the problem. Here's a screen showing just what I mean when going to pin something for the sound card I have to open up the Creative folder in order to pin the Alchemy or Audio mixer.

"All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click [​IMG]

Night Hawk, Aug 19, 2015
  9. ARYLIOA Win User
    The second sample picture in post 4 shows that all that happens with a right-click is that the background color changes. It is a subtle change in color so you may have missed it. No list of options appears. And what was right clicked is a link to an executable, not a folder. The picture in post 5 is from another computer which works properly. And it is a link to an executable as well. I have two upgrades which work properly, and one which has caused all sort of problems. This is only one of the problems.

ARYLIOA, Aug 19, 2015
  10. Well that gets us right back to the first and foremost solution you have open to see a clean install of 10 replace the problematic upgrade on that particular machine since the system registry was never complete. That's where this type of problem would eminate from not seeing every default reg value created during the upgrade as it should have been and a common problem seen with upgrade installs in general.

Now note this as well that even at times when performing a fresh clean install problems like this can come up. But they are far less likely to be seen since you are also bringing in crud from the previous version that has been lingering around that might be a concern later. I don't have a list of the registry values that effect that type of problem while other OS tweaks like restoring the Windows Photo Viewer are available.

This is either solved by a clean install or a second upgrade to repair type installation which is at best a temp solution when things aren't working and you need time to back things up before tossing the present mess! With the other two machines there you were fortunate enough to have seen good working upgrades come out of it while this one is "Buggy"! and other problems will likely soon come up on you and why the advice here is to plan a clean install.

You don't have to reformat the drive entirely unless you prefer to start off again with everything fresh. In fact on older systems I often used to delete the entire primary to avoid any system partition information type errors in years past after an existing installation got too buggy and had been on for a long time. Many will simply reformat and not repartition a drive to save time and effort while that was simply one more optional step taken to insure desired results.

You can try right clicking on the Start button and scrolling down to the "run" option to type in "sfc /scannow" being the command for the System File Checker. But if this is as I suspect a registry glitch and not any missing or corrupted system files that won't do much for you. The problem there seems to be found in the registry itself. It's now going to be your call there however on whether or not you try an upgrade to repair or go for a full clean install of everything.

Night Hawk, Aug 19, 2015
  11. ARYLIOA Win User
    Could only stand the highly-touted "Return of the Start Menu" so long. Installed Classic Shell.

ARYLIOA, Aug 23, 2015
  12. "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click [​IMG]

The one thing I can't out figure is why the All Apps is located way down at the bottom "UNDERNEATH" no less the Power shutdown options! You no longer see a button you can custom set for shutdown, restart, sleep, or logoff when hitting the button without otherwise bringing out the options list. Here I still have 7 set to restart for fast restarts when either new updates go on or rebooting into the other OS which now happens to be 10.

As far the need for any 3rd party crap... No Thanks! I put up with enough of that when first taking a look at 8 and Metrro-mares! 8.1 allowed you to boot direct to the desktop while 10 has gotten smart again You just have to work with the new look of someone's brain(fart) storm to get it set up right! *Roflmao2

What helps a whole lot is being able to shrink those dog geesh freakin tiles down in size so you don't have Metro in you face! Then you can pin things there you may not want on the task bar or new jump list type tool bar you add onto that.

Night Hawk, Aug 24, 2015
  13. ARYLIOA Win User

I guess this is going to be labeled a "Rant":

Each generation of Windows either hides more of the means for the user to configure to his needs or removes the ability entirely. The control of the "All Apps" menu demonstrates a little of each. I use my computer for real computation, not for gaming, or messaging, or looking at movies. I have structured menus which might include several pieces of software which do Finance and Investment, or contain a large number of utilities. Each particular software package might include Help files, Setup and Configuration Files, Off-line and On-line options, etc. Microsoft apparently doesn't like (or understand) that concept and pulls each little piece to the top of the category. (Ironically, they even do that to their own packages. The applications in the subcategory Office Tools are now cleverly blended alphabetically among the other Office applications.) That not only makes the list longer because subcategories are all expanded, but mixes the pieces alphabetically, so they are no longer associated with any operation except the top of the list. That Stinks (with a capital S!). Think of an outline for building a model airplane where every step is alphabetized at the second level. I bet the final product won't fly. Soon, neither will Windows.

The attitude is "Your computer will look like what we say it will." The attitude is spread throughout Redmond, apparently beyond the GUI. Try to remove "features" you will never use: OneDrive; OneNote; Xbox, etc. Try to delete folders you will never use: Videos; Pictures; Music. Try to remove an update that causes you problems. "Get in step or do without!" I left Apple in the '80s because of that attitude. Where do I go from here with 30 years accumulation of purchased and personally-developed "8086" software? Maybe I just run Windows 7 until the wheels fall off. In the last 6 years I have at least found where Microsoft hid most of the stuff I used to be able to do in XP (or even 3.1) right from menus or Control Panel. Just comparing the W7 Control Panel options to the W10 options demonstrates the trend. And the first step, of course, is to find out where they hid Control Panel!

And to make it worse, that is not even the real subject of the thread, I guess what makes it a Rant. To get back to business, the darned thing breaks after only 2 days while not even providing the structure I want it to provide. I have 3 computers "upgraded" to W10. One of the three, strangely, the newest, has had so many demons that it is unbelievable. And with a lot of user-installed applications, clean installs literally take days. That is what it took to fix the problem of this post and my other post about the tiles losing their icons.

ARYLIOA, Aug 24, 2015
  14. Well I guess you haven' heard the news about OneDrive! No more OneDrive groups coming October 16th! MS is phasing OneDrive groups out of the equation which will also impact DropBox and some other oddball online storage gimics. No real loss however since even having DropBox on 7 here I didn't even bother trying it out on 10! USELESS is the word for that as well as OneDrive annoyances!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click - Similar Threads - Apps Menu Items

2. Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.: So basically i tried using right click for finding the file location for EPIC GAMES, Steam and e.t.c but they just do not respond in start menu, the windows apps do but not the installed ones, also while i tried to screenshot it with SNIPPING TOOL i found out that even it...
  3. Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.: So basically i tried using right click for finding the file location for EPIC GAMES, Steam and e.t.c but they just do not respond in start menu, the windows apps do but not the installed ones, also while i tried to screenshot it with SNIPPING TOOL i found out that even it...
  4. how do i fix right click context menu items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  5. how do i fix right click context menu items?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  6. Right click not responding......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  7. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  8. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  9. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...