Windows 10: All browsers on all computers crashing

Discus and support All browsers on all computers crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have two desktops and a laptop. All are running Windows 10. On all three I have been experiencing repeated browser crashes on Edge, Internet Explorer... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cooperman, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Cooperman Win User

All browsers on all computers crashing

I have two desktops and a laptop. All are running Windows 10. On all three I have been experiencing repeated browser crashes on Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome. I run ipconfig/flushdns about three to four times a day with computer restart. That gets me back up, but for only anywhere from about 5 minutes to three hours randomly.

Microsoft had me run a cache clear through clean startup. That lasted only a few hours. I have run CClean, that lasted about the same. My phone is having no issues running off my home WiFi so my ISP seems to be sending the signal fine. None of this was an issue until about seven days ago. All updates have been run. What is the problem?

:)

Cooperman, Feb 23, 2017

2. All web browsers crash my computer

Hi Phil,

It could be due to conflict with third party apps or missing updates or virus.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run Microsoft Safety Scanner. It helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Anti Virus Disclaimer : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the issue persists, then try to run SFC scan.

It scans for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Then type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit Enter.

If the issue persists, then try to place the system in Clean Boot and check.

This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. It starts Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" in the above link.

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 23, 2017
  3. All web browsers crash my computer

I have a very strange issue that surfaces whrn I am using a web browser (IE, Edge, Chrome, even the built in browser on Steam). After an extremely vatiablr amount of time ranging from a fee seconds to half am hour my browser will stop responding. Nitmally
    not a big deal except Windows stops accepting all keyboard and mouse input. I can move the mouse just fine and background things such as music continue working, but all input is ignored forcing me to flip my power switch and reboot.

Windows 10

AMD FX 9590

16 GB RAM

Radeon R9 290X

Help would be appreciated

Phil-Gibson, Feb 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, have a look at your event viewer- your event log. Does this tell you anything?

Look at your reliability history (Type Reli in Cortana's search bar). Explore the red x's. Does this tell you anything?

Process of elimination. Stop all 3rd party programs bar any AV and test the effect. Do you have some common and unusual 3rd party program running that has been updated?

dalchina, Feb 23, 2017
Thema:

1. All browsers on all computers crashing - Similar Threads - browsers computers crashing

2. All Browsers Crash Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Browsers Crash Randomly: Hi! I have a persistent issue causing all browsers on my computer to crash randomly and very frequently. I use McAfee + the built-in Windows antivirus software, and I have a relatively new HP laptop with 16GB of RAM and an i7 processor. This happens on Google Chrome, Internet...
  3. All Browsers Crash Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Browsers Crash Randomly: Hi! I have a persistent issue causing all browsers on my computer to crash randomly and very frequently. I use McAfee + the built-in Windows antivirus software, and I have a relatively new HP laptop with 16GB of RAM and an i7 processor. This happens on Google Chrome, Internet...
  4. All Browser keep crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Browser keep crashing!: Hello,my error is that all browsers keep crashing,except Microsoft edge. But I wanna use my Other Browsers.I don't get any Error Output.I tried to reinstall the Browsers and I also tried restarting my pc.It all didn't work.And also they didn't stop Working all at once, but...
  5. All Browser keep crashing!

All Browser keep crashing!: Hello,my error is that all browsers keep crashing,except Microsoft edge. But I wanna use my Other Browsers.I don't get any Error Output.I tried to reinstall the Browsers and I also tried restarting my pc.It all didn't work.And also they didn't stop Working all at once, but...
  6. All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes

All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes: This summer I started to encounter 'Ah Snap Status_Access_Violations' while using Microsoft Edge. These instances were rare, but the frequency of instances steadily increased. Refreshing pages multiple times would sometimes allow the page to be viewed, and sometimes a new...
  7. All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes: This summer I started to encounter 'Ah Snap Status_Access_Violations' while using Microsoft Edge. These instances were rare, but the frequency of instances steadily increased. Refreshing pages multiple times would sometimes allow the page to be viewed, and sometimes a new...
  8. All browsers keep crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers keep crashing: Hi all, I've posted here before but sadly the problem keeps persisting. All browsers I have tried are crashing. IE, Firefox and Chrome. I have checked they are all up to date and I have run various scans on the laptop but nothing is showing. When I posted on here the...
  9. All Browsers Crash On Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Browsers Crash On Start: I just came across a problem where all browsers I try to install except for Microsoft Edge crash when asked to start. I was using Opera and the it stopped working, and after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, the application would crash on start, with no error...
  10. All Browsers Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers Crashing: Not sure what is going on. Ever since updating to Windows 10 every browser I use crashed. I have been trying Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome and have the same issue in all of them. Chrome is a little more stable then the other two. Example when opening up Internet...