Windows 10: All browsers slow opening

Discus and support All browsers slow opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Fairly new Lenovo Ideapad Using Comcast blast, both wired and wifi Takes long time to connect. Sometimes times out. IE11, Chrome, Edge Ping www... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cfourkays, Jun 12, 2017.

1. cfourkays Win User

All browsers slow opening

Fairly new Lenovo Ideapad
    Using Comcast blast, both wired and wifi
    Takes long time to connect. Sometimes times out. IE11, Chrome, Edge
    Ping www sites from cmd times out
    Ping 127.0.0.1 OK

Onle Defender is on. Disabled and still problem

All drivers updated, Lenovo System Check OK
    Other PC's on same networkOK

Possible Reset?? of W-10?

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 12, 2017
  2. P Meister Win User

All Browsers slow, computer slow. Windows 10 is a platform for Malware and Spyware.

All my browsers are slow. Chrome, Firefox and Edge. They crash. They fail to load.

So I spend money on virus protection programs, spyware removal programs, and a heck of a lot of time fighting the onslaught of cookies, trackers and programs that install themselves on my computer without my knowing through my browsers.

I didn't pay for Windows 10, but I've spent a ton of time and money trying to fix it.

Microsoft's effort to become this cloud based share everywhere tool has yielded one result. It has become a malware, tracking and unwanted program platform for thousands of companies that seek to make a buck on my time, my resources, and my browsing.

Thus, we get slow browsers.

Every Mac user I meet says "Yeah I spent a lot of money on my mac, but I don't get viruses".

You'd think that Microsoft would address that its system is a honey pot for attackers and people who want to make money exploiting it and its users.

But we never hear anything from Microsoft about it. Windows Defender is a poor excuse for protection. In some ways I feel that Microsoft has turned a blind eye to the fact that its operating system has become a global distribution center for its users private
    data, resources and money. But we're stuck because we have no other option than a Mac.

This is a poor and shameful state of affairs. Fix it now.

P Meister, Jun 12, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows 10 slow, clunky, all browsers slow or crash

I have and i5 processor but Intel Management Engine Interface doesn't appear is device manager. I think it's related to the graphics adaptor you have.

Just a comment really that not all PCs will have the device.

neilpzz, Jun 12, 2017
  4. All browsers slow opening

Hi Pete.

Maybe start with powering off router, wait 20 secs, power on, test.

Then reset of Network, Start=>settings=>Network and Internet=> scroll down right hand side, Reset network.

Run these four commands to a command prompt(admin). Don't type in stuff in brackets, information for you.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Test

Next you could try disabling IPv6

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

Next I would suspect driver although you said this happen on wired and wireless. Head to lenovo site and get wireless driver. Yes it may be older. Check version currently installed in device manager, install old driver, check version again. If it works for a while and stops, check driver version again in device manager, Windows may have updated.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 13, 2017
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Hi Ken,
    Had run the netsh commands already.

Here's what I just did:
    Cleaned 6 WAN Miniports
    Cleared ip6 out of both adapters.
    Rebooted
    After reboot and an update,, PC now blazing fast as it should, 6GB memory.
    Since this was running the same at both clients office and my shop, and is now running as should in both locations, the problem is fixed but I'm not sure what did it.
    I remember a while back, disabling ip6 when it was first added but haven't had that problem recently.
    Maybe it was the WAN Miniports?
    Have set up a number of these Lenovo Ideapads since BestBuy has been offering them at a ridiculous price, $279, Icorei3, 6GB and 1 TB and this is the first one I've had a problem with.

Thanks for your input, maybe one of your suggestions did it.*Smile
    Pete

cfourkays, Jun 13, 2017
  6. Great Pete.

Not sure why all the issues around IPv6 and maybe it wasn't it. Is there something in the Windows implementation that is conflicting with the existing (older) router base or is some bleeding edge protocol withing IPv6 causing issues. Maybe its router firmware.

It is quickly becoming my go to "try this".

That said I understand IPv6 is used by Windows Homegroup which can jam up some users. They want / need Homegroup and they want / need their Internet.

Thanks posting back your solution and marking thread solved, others will find.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 13, 2017
  7. cfourkays Win User
    Should have said this was slow at a client's residence and slow at my shop. Comcast cable but 2 different style gateways.

Also, when I just returned the PC, the owner told me it was never quick loading like it is now since she bought it a month ago.
    Anyway, the post remains hopefully to help others. Maybe even Brink?

cfourkays, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

All browsers slow opening

1. All browsers slow opening - Similar Threads - browsers slow opening

2. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  3. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers startup slow all of a sudden: Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens...
  4. All browsers slow to open

All browsers slow to open: All browsers slow to Open (Edge, chrome). Tried disabling crytopservices, and disabling hardware acceleration to no avail. Its been this way for a few months. Now sure what else to try. Internet connection is fine. Once open, everything works lightning fast. submitted by...
  5. Internet speed is slow on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed is slow on all browsers: Hi, after the recent updateFebruary 2020 of windows 10 all my browsers like brave, firefox, chrome have a very slow speed to browse maximum of 64kbps my internet speed works fine on all my other devicesphone or pc. I also noticed idm's download speed works smoothly as usual....
  6. All browsers loading extremely slow.

All browsers loading extremely slow.: Started last couple days, I mostly use edge and it takes forever to load a page, just did a couple test, Facebook (login page) took about 12 seconds to load, Amazon took just over a minute to load, I know it's not my Internet speed, any speed test comes out normal, if I...
  7. All Browsers very slow

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers very slow: Hi I use Firefox as my default browser & recently noticed it'd become extremely slow - it opens up but then takes a minute or two before it's usable (on the tab the little dot goes back & forth). I initially thought it was a Firefox problem so I disabled all addons but the...
  8. All Browsers very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    All Browsers very slow: Hi I use Firefox as my default browser & recently noticed it'd become extremely slow - it opens up but then takes a minute or two before it's usable (on the tab the little dot goes back & forth). I initially thought it was a Firefox problem so I disabled all addons but the...
  9. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...
  10. browser egde,slow to open, then locks

in Browsers and Email
    browser egde,slow to open, then locks: im having real problems with the edge browser, it is very slow to open then when it does it locks,i have to other browsers, google and firefox,they work perfectly 26096

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opening browsers windows becoming slow

2. browsers opening and minimizing slow