Windows 10: All browsers stop working after x amount of time

Discus and support All browsers stop working after x amount of time in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since saturday morning I've been having a problem with all my browsers. Problem started with chrome crashing and not wanted to open anymore after the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TomVVV, Jul 11, 2017.

1. TomVVV Win User

All browsers stop working after x amount of time

Since saturday morning I've been having a problem with all my browsers.
    Problem started with chrome crashing and not wanted to open anymore after the crash. Restarted and it seemed fine but after a while it crashed again and once again didn't want to open anymore.
    Restarted and started using Edge which seemed fine, but after a while no pages load anymore and the loading wheel keeps spinning.
    I deleted all cookies, cleared cache from all browsers, deleted chrome and reinstalled it. But it keeps happening.
    I then downloaded Firefox, which wasn't on this laptop prior to the problem and it has the same problem as Edge, after x amount of time the browser doesn't load any pages, new tabs or a new page remains white and the loading wheel keeps spinning.

Every time i restart ALL browsers work for X amount of time (varies from 2 min to 4 hours). Once one of them stops working, all of them stop working.
    When the browsers are down however, Skype keeps working, i can still continue the call i was having (dunno if i can make a new call when the browsers are down, have not tried that).
    Also documents from google Drive that are open in Firefox (Chrome crashes so it doesnt work here) keep saving the changes that i make, but new tabs i open in that page remain white and keep loading. Have not tried it with edge but i might later tonight.
    My second laptop and my phone do not have any problems with connections while the browsers are down.

Things i've tried to fix this problem:

-turning on and off modem
    -Deleted AVG through their tools of how to delete AVG (the problem started the day my one month free trial ended so i thought the problem was connected to AVG but seems its not)
    -Installed S&D 2 to remove malware and spyware, didn't find anything out of the ordinary.
    -Installed Avira to check for virusses, again nothing came up
    -installed CCleaner and cleaned my laptop
    -Deleted S&D, avira, ccleaner again for a trial run without any interfering anti virus, malware or spyware software. No help.
    -I've 'reset' all browsers
    -Browsers can't open saved pages i have on my desktop once the browsers stop working. Edge and firefox give me a white screen, Chrome does nothing and doesn't even open.
    -I do not have adblockers running atm
    -TOR browser DOES work when all other browsers have stopped working, launched it from a stick and from my desktop. Deleted it since from my desktop. Tor did not touch this laptop previous to the problem starting, this was just to see if that would work.
    -internet connections are not set to a proxy.
    -I've put DNS to 8.8.8.8 to test try
    -my date, time and timezone are configured correctly
    -I've used the flushdns command
    -I've done a system restore today to 10 days ago when the problem wasn't happening. Problem keeps happening afterwards.

Thats all i can think off from the top of my head

I'm on a wireless connection, this weekend i can test at my parents if the problem is also there on their connection and if it happens with LAN connection
    Laptop i'm using is a Dell Inspiron 5548

Please help *Smile

:)

TomVVV, Jul 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 browsers not working..

Browsers will stop working after a bit of time only way to get the to work again is to restart the pc. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the browsers as well as the netsh command prompt code on administrative privileges. I even went as far as to
    set the pc back to factory which worked for a small amount of time before it started all over again. What is going on here any advice?

MamaKupkake, Jul 11, 2017
  3. ZKoscica Win User
    Amount of time to Sync

I just signed up for the service yesterday. I will admit, I'm fairly new to the WinMo world and am working off a HTC Touch Diamond from Sprint. I started a sync up yesterday and everything went fairly quickly except the text messages. I had about 5k texts
    to upload and each took about 5 seconds. One, I didn't even know my phone saved all the texts I've sent and received so I was a bit surprised at that. The question though, should it take over seven hours to sync 5k texts? Sending over 50mbs worth of pictures
    went fairly quickly so I can't see why texts should take this long.

Also, if I shut the phone, data and wifi off...why does it continue to sync?

ZKoscica, Jul 11, 2017
  4. johnmayne Win User

I am getting the same problem and nothing I've done has fixed it. heres hoping for an answer

johnmayne, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

1. All browsers stop working after x amount of time - Similar Threads - browsers stop working

2. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  3. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  4. After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.: For the past 2 days I've been having this issue where after a certain amount of time after startup, I am unable to open any application. I've so far had no issue with system applications and this issue is persistent on all drives. I've done a scan on boot to check for any...
  5. F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F11 suddenly stopped working in all browsers: I'm on Windows 10 v 1903. It was working perfectly until the last security update, now the F11 key will not work properly in Firefox or Chrome. In Firefox, it closes the menu gar and address bar, but leaves the tabs and bookmarks toolbar open. In Chrome, it closes the address...
  6. All browsers stopped working after system recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers stopped working after system recovery windows 10: Hi Every thing working fine in my windows until I did System recovery. Then all the browsers stopped from opening and looks like they were blocked! When I clicked them nothing openend and I could not do a troubleshout either. I stopped the nortin firwall but nothing changed....
  7. Wifi stop working after a random amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi stop working after a random amount of time: Hello there, I'm in trouble with my laptop wifi. Sometimes while I'm using it the net goes down and then I can't reconnect to none of the nets that my wifi finds as if everyone of them are unavaiable. I just w7 to w10, maybe some drivers issues? How can I investigate this...
  8. All browsers stop working many times daily requiring reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers stop working many times daily requiring reboot.: I'm running the latest updated version of Windows 10 Pro 1903. Browsers I use: Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi All up to date Ethernet network. No WiFi Computer: Self built based on Asus TUF 7370-Pro MoBo/16Gb RAM/Intel i7 CPU/GeForce GTX 1060 graphics. What happens:...
  9. Mouse scroll in all browsers stops working(ONLY browsers 0_0)

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse scroll in all browsers stops working(ONLY browsers 0_0): I recently installed a cheap Windows 10 Pro Graymarket version 1903 as my project required the use of Hyper-V for Docker. In my previous version (genuine retail copy of Windows 10 Home 1903) this issue never arose. Now, the mouse scroll never works in any browser till i...
  10. Auto Startup Steam after x amount of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Startup Steam after x amount of time: Hey people! Hope y'all are well! Is there at all any possible way I can force Steam to auto launch at system startup after at least 1 minute after log on? For some reason at the moment Steam will try to connect before my Internet connection has made a connection and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my errorahndler stop working after x amount of errors vba