Windows 10: All downloads fail in both Opera and Firefox Windows 10 Pro 1511

Discus and support All downloads fail in both Opera and Firefox Windows 10 Pro 1511 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Suddenly all downloads fail without an obvious reason in both Firefox and Opera. I click on Save and it looks like the download happened, but when I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oao, Jan 7, 2017.

1. OAO
    oao Win User

All downloads fail in both Opera and Firefox Windows 10 Pro 1511

Suddenly all downloads fail without an obvious reason in both Firefox and Opera.

I click on Save and it looks like the download happened, but when I click to view the downloads, it says "Failed".

I changed the download folder from Downloads to Desktop, but it had no affect.

:)

2. Windows 10 internet not working in browsers

I have exactly this problem - both Google & Firefox fail to work in normal Windows 10 boot mode (from any of several user ID's on the PC)

i) Booting in Windows "safe" mode the browser will work perfectly

ii) a new installation of "Opera" works normally

Redwoodsman, Jan 7, 2017
  3. Rich B44 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro failed to install May and June updates

My Windows 10 PRO has failed installation of both May and June updates . These are the updates that fail KB3156421, KB3149135, and KB3163018. I have tried to manually download and install KB3156421 and it still failed. I got updates for Office with these
    and they installed OK. Can anyone help?

This is the error message--- Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163018) - Error 0x8000ffff

Rich B44, Jan 7, 2017
  4. OAO
    oao Win User

Ditto for IE11. It starts and then says "This download was interrrupted"

Thema:

1. All downloads fail in both Opera and Firefox Windows 10 Pro 1511 - Similar Threads - downloads fail both

2. Win 10 - Chrome sluggish at boot time while Edge, Firefox, Opera, all start normally?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 - Chrome sluggish at boot time while Edge, Firefox, Opera, all start normally?: I boot the win 10 pc, some programs start okay, I click on Google Chrome and it takes ages Firefox and Opera for example start straight away, even Edge? Anti-virus comes back with nothing found, defrag not needed because it's SSD etc....
  3. Win 10 - Chrome sluggish at boot time while Edge, Firefox, Opera, all start normally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 - Chrome sluggish at boot time while Edge, Firefox, Opera, all start normally?: I boot the win 10 pc, some programs start okay, I click on Google Chrome and it takes ages Firefox and Opera for example start straight away, even Edge? Anti-virus comes back with nothing found, defrag not needed because it's SSD etc....
  4. Firefox Failed Downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Failed Downloads: Since updating Firefox to version 76 I've been unable to download files properly, they consistently fail. I tried resetting Firefox, resetting download folder, resetting my network settings, disabling Defender and restarting my router but nothing helped. I installed Chrome...
  5. All Downloads Fail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Downloads Fail: I can't download anything from the internet without getting a message that it contains a virus and was deleted. This includes email attachments that I know do not contain viruses as well as even downloading a monthly bank statement. I spend all day updating any available...
  6. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  7. Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera: [img] Mozilla announced the plans on their blog: We are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some...
  8. Force Windows 10 Pro to Version 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Force Windows 10 Pro to Version 1511: is it possible to force an update to version 1511? I've had Windows 10 Pro since 10/17/15. My laptop has already been updated to 1511. I installed windows 10 on both my laptop and desktop on the same day. thanks 33031
  9. Windows 10 Pro and 1511 update

Windows 10 Pro and 1511 update: All the articles on this update fail to specify Home or Pro! I have Pro, and have not received the update. It would stand to reason that the number 1511 would be reserved for one or the other version...but I note that some of the functionality that is supposed to be in this...
  10. Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 update fails multiple times

Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 update fails multiple times: I've tried to install this multiple times: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 Here's what I've done so far to try and fix: Code: sfc /scannow [/quote] multiple times as admin. No errors reported. Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc...