Windows 10: All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!

Discus and support All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It was suggested that I post this over in the network forums as well, so hope it's okay that I have the same thread running in two different forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cephus404, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Cephus404 Win User

All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!

It was suggested that I post this over in the network forums as well, so hope it's okay that I have the same thread running in two different forums here.

Windows 10 Home, running on a tested 100/100 connection, I cannot sustain any download connections and now, I am getting constant "server not found" problems on websites. I am positive that whatever is causing the server problems is causing all of it. I will be on a website, and it doesn't matter what site it is, it can be Google or YouTube. I click on a link and get "server not found". This is at random, but it seems to happen more and more often.

My download problems are worse too. I just downloaded a 300MB file and I had to restart the download 30 times. Yes, 30 times. Because if you watch the speed, it will get to a certain point, download speed will drop to zero and it will fail. These problems happen on every browser, Firefox, Edge and Chrome.

I've already done a clean reinstall of Windows. I've flushed the DNS. I've cleared the caches on all of the browsers, in fact, when I tried Edge, it was the first time I had even started it and it failed right away.

I know it's nothing with my ISP because my wife's computer works just fine and never has any problems with the same connection. I've reset the router. I thought it might be the DNS server, but I checked and she's using the same one. I even changed it and it didn't solve the problem. I've been through the Firefox troubleshooter, nothing has worked. I played with the IPv6 settings, no go. There has to be something I'm missing, I would be eternally grateful if someone could suggest something I haven't already tried! Please, I'm desperate!

:)

Cephus404, Jan 5, 2018
  2. JMR1942 Win User

Microsoft Mail App repeatedly fails to download attachments

I'm running Microsoft Mail App in Windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Thus, the hardware, the OS, and the application software, are all 100% Microsoft, the same company. Yet the Microsoft Mail App repeatedly will not download, or allow a successful
    download, of PDFs, Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, and other common documents. I've got three mail accounts attached in Mail: one exchange server account, a Gmail account, and an MSN (Microsoft) account. The problem happens in each and all of such accounts,
    regardless of the type of mail account. It does not happen 100% of the time, but probably about 80% of the time. I'm using a 5G high speed wireless internet connection, but the same problem happens on a lower speed 2G connection. My Surface is set for automatic
    Microsoft software (and firmware) updates, and all such updates are installed.

I also run Outlook 2013 (as part of Office 365 PRO) for just my exchange server account, and, of course, there is no problem with attachment downloads via Outlook. But in order to get my Gmail downloads and my MSN mail downloads, I have to start a browser
    and run the mail function in the browser, a real pain.

How can this be fixed?

JMR1942, Jan 5, 2018
  3. caniceb Win User
    Is this the correct forum for WP8 Technical Support?

Hi Gaurav,

I've tried your suggestion several times it did not solve my problem.

I'm beginning to think that 'synchronizing' is the default mode for POP3 on Windows even though it drains the battery quickly. Every time I take it out of sync regardless of the download status it instantly gives an error message 'having a problem downloading
    messages' regardless of the fact that it downloaded every single message on the server.

Regards,

caniceb, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Jan 5, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Jan 5, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    You're right about that.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too! - Similar Threads - downloads fail regardless

2. All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.: For chrome, opera GX, edge and any other browser/software and installer. No matter what network i use, my downloads stop or restart, all browsers say its a “network error” but it doesnt matter what network i use. It happens to absolutely everything. Im on windows 10, just...
  3. All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.: For chrome, opera GX, edge and any other browser/software and installer. No matter what network i use, my downloads stop or restart, all browsers say its a “network error” but it doesnt matter what network i use. It happens to absolutely everything. Im on windows 10, just...
  4. All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DOWNLOAD FAILED - VIRUS SCAN FAILED - ALL BROWSERS - TRIED ALL AVAILABLE FIXES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DOWNLOAD FAILED - VIRUS SCAN FAILED - ALL BROWSERS - TRIED ALL AVAILABLE FIXES: I have quite literally attempted ALL EXISTING FIXES , nothing has worked i have removed all instances of any 3rd party anti virus from the registry edit manually, what have you people done to my computer , your update has completely broken my ability to download anything from...
  6. Slight Fix for downloads failing all browsers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slight Fix for downloads failing all browsers.: Ran into a pretty annoying bug on any files around 100mb or more they would constantly fail in both Firefox & Chrome even with download manager. I've had bug since I've gotten the PC. Now it does seem fixed partially that I've run this optimizer but it did seem to fail my...
  7. All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted, in Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. All virus scans came up negative so I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, then I had...
  8. Websites in all browsers are too white

in Browsers and Email
    Websites in all browsers are too white: I'm currently having some problems where some things in my web-browsers are too white. E.g. the highlight color when hovering with mouse over search suggestions in Google is all white. Same also goes for text fields on webpages. On one of the screenshots the numbers are...
  9. All downloads fail regardless of browser!

in Browsers and Email
    All downloads fail regardless of browser!: I'm at my wit's end. Running Windows 10 with a 100/100 connection and every single download fails or times out regardless of the browser I'm using. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all of them have the same problem. Additionally, and this is probably part of the same...
  10. All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!

in Browsers and Email
    All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!: I'm going to try this one more time. I posted about this problem a couple of weeks ago and no one had any ideas, but this is getting worse and worse so I'm going to give it another shot. Windows 10 Home, running on a tested 100/100 connection, I cannot sustain any download...