Windows 10: All downloads fail regardless of browser!

Discus and support All downloads fail regardless of browser! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm at my wit's end. Running Windows 10 with a 100/100 connection and every single download fails or times out regardless of the browser I'm using.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cephus404, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Cephus404 Win User

All downloads fail regardless of browser!

I'm at my wit's end. Running Windows 10 with a 100/100 connection and every single download fails or times out regardless of the browser I'm using. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all of them have the same problem. Additionally, and this is probably part of the same problem, but most websites time out with TLS handshake errors as well.

I know it's not my connection. My wife's computer is on the same connection and has no problems. I've tested the connection repeatedly and it's got a consistent 100/100 with 12ms latency. It doesn't matter where I'm downloading from, all of them fail. I can watch the speed I'm getting and it can be running at 10mb, then it will drop to zero and time out. In Firefox, I've turned off the "block dangerous content" but it hasn't helped. I've cleared browser data and cookies. Heck, the first time I booted up Edge it failed, so clearly it's not browser data. I've turned off the Windows firewall. No help. I've tried to adjust the IPv4 and IPv6 settings, no change. I've tried it with my AV turned off, no change. For some reason, no matter what I'm doing, the system will sporadically come to a screeching halt and kill whatever I'm doing online. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it that I can see.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

:)

Cephus404, Dec 14, 2017

2. 3G on 6280

The web browser on all series 40 phones is slow (due to lack of processing power and memory), regardless of the 3G signal or not.

The only time you will notice 3G is on sites that stream video and when downloading large files.

psychomania---01, Dec 14, 2017
  3. D.P.W. Win User
    Marketplace downloads fail at 75%. Multiple listings of same app.

Not just one. Every application I try. It added multiples of applications in my list as well.

D.P.W., Dec 14, 2017
  4. All downloads fail regardless of browser!

TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Cephus404 Win User
    TEST_DATE TIME_ZONE DOWNLOAD_MEGABITS UPLOAD_MEGABITS LATENCY_MS SERVER_NAME DISTANCE_MILES 12/15/2017 2:59 GMT 94.72 85.62 12 Ontario, CA 50

Just did, didn't help.

Saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Already did. Didn't help. Did a complete reinstall.

Cephus404, Dec 14, 2017
  6. Cephus404 Win User
    While I was at it, I completely reset the router back to factory settings and swapped ethernet ports to one I know works. My wife's computer is now on the port I was using and I'm on hers. She can still download, I still can't. Also ran SFC to see if there were any bad files, came back clean.

This is frustrating.

Cephus404, Dec 14, 2017
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    pyramid10, Dec 14, 2017
  8. All downloads fail regardless of browser!

You might also give a shot to TCP Optimizer.

That is not good. It might be a driver issue, check for missing/outdated drivers via Driver Easy Free.

TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  9. Cephus404 Win User
    I have it installed, don't know if I've optimized since I reinstalled Windows, I'll give it a shot.

AVG PC Tuneup has a driver updater that I've already run and it says everything is up to date.

Thanks for everything you've tried to suggest so far, I appreciate it.

Cephus404, Dec 15, 2017
  10. Cephus404 Win User
    Interestingly enough, as I've been trying things, I haven't seen the TLS handshake error all day. I'll keep it in mind if it comes back though, thanks.

Cephus404, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

All downloads fail regardless of browser!

1. All downloads fail regardless of browser! - Similar Threads - downloads fail regardless

2. All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.: For chrome, opera GX, edge and any other browser/software and installer. No matter what network i use, my downloads stop or restart, all browsers say its a “network error” but it doesnt matter what network i use. It happens to absolutely everything. Im on windows 10, just...
  3. All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.: For chrome, opera GX, edge and any other browser/software and installer. No matter what network i use, my downloads stop or restart, all browsers say its a “network error” but it doesnt matter what network i use. It happens to absolutely everything. Im on windows 10, just...
  4. All my downloads stop, regardless of browser or software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DOWNLOAD FAILED - VIRUS SCAN FAILED - ALL BROWSERS - TRIED ALL AVAILABLE FIXES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DOWNLOAD FAILED - VIRUS SCAN FAILED - ALL BROWSERS - TRIED ALL AVAILABLE FIXES: I have quite literally attempted ALL EXISTING FIXES , nothing has worked i have removed all instances of any 3rd party anti virus from the registry edit manually, what have you people done to my computer , your update has completely broken my ability to download anything from...
  6. all downloads interrupted on all Browsers and terminals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all downloads interrupted on all Browsers and terminals: I can't download any file without it being failed, on chrome it tells me Network error, on pip install python pakages install it tells me: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MACand when I try to creat a docker image it tells me hash mismatch. this problem only happen on two...
  7. Slight Fix for downloads failing all browsers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slight Fix for downloads failing all browsers.: Ran into a pretty annoying bug on any files around 100mb or more they would constantly fail in both Firefox & Chrome even with download manager. I've had bug since I've gotten the PC. Now it does seem fixed partially that I've run this optimizer but it did seem to fail my...
  8. All Downloads Fail

All Downloads Fail: I can't download anything from the internet without getting a message that it contains a virus and was deleted. This includes email attachments that I know do not contain viruses as well as even downloading a monthly bank statement. I spend all day updating any available...
  9. All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!

in Browsers and Email
    All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!: I'm going to try this one more time. I posted about this problem a couple of weeks ago and no one had any ideas, but this is getting worse and worse so I'm going to give it another shot. Windows 10 Home, running on a tested 100/100 connection, I cannot sustain any download...
  10. All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!

All downloads fail regardless of browser/having server problems too!: It was suggested that I post this over in the network forums as well, so hope it's okay that I have the same thread running in two different forums here. Windows 10 Home, running on a tested 100/100 connection, I cannot sustain any download connections and now, I am...