Windows 10: All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down?

Discus and support All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So this morning, I turned on my PC to discover that my downloads folder is now completely empty (I had put a few folders and files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by humanbeing, Sep 18, 2015.

1. All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down?

Hi everyone,

So this morning, I turned on my PC to discover that my downloads folder is now completely empty (I had put a few folders and files in there and downloaded some programs, all gone now). Even shortcuts that I placed on the desktop have disappeared, and I had to re-sign in to Chrome and import all of my bookmarks again. Last night I had accidentally clicked on restart instead of shut down, as they are so close together. I don't know if this could have contributed to the issue. After waiting for it to come back on I shut it down.

I'm just wanting to know what could have caused this, and how to fix it if possible. Definitely don't want it to happen again, and not sure if it's a Windows 10 issue or a fault with my PC. Should mention that I only recently bought this computer and it came pre-installed with Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solved by restarting again...still somewhat worrying that something like that could happen though, but oh well.

:)

humanbeing, Sep 18, 2015
  2. sxsrulez Win User

All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

I lost all the files in my downloads folder when i updated windows defender. is there any way i can recover those files ?

sxsrulez, Sep 18, 2015
  3. 94shadow Win User
    All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

There is no "History" on any of the pages after typing in Windows Defender.

Roy

94shadow, Sep 18, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down?

Next time something like that happens, check to see if you are in a "Temporary Profile" - Open your Users folder and look for a new /Temp user. If it keeps on happening, I have a solution for it over on the Eightforums board.

XweAponX, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down?

1. All files in downloads folder gone after restart/shut down? - Similar Threads - files downloads folder

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. No signal after restart or shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  4. No signal after restart or shut down.

No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  5. All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down: My computer carried out an automatic update. When it restarted and I logged back into my account my login photo is now gone, my desktop appeared like factory settings but did show existing software I have downloaded.I have found my files in C:\Users which was a relief!...
  6. All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down: My computer carried out an automatic update. When it restarted and I logged back into my account my login photo is now gone, my desktop appeared like factory settings but did show existing software I have downloaded.I have found my files in C:\Users which was a relief!...
  7. All files & desktop gone after an automatic update & after a shut down

8. Windows Restarting after shutting down

Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  9. Restart windows after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...
  10. Missing files after restart and shut down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files after restart and shut down: I bought a $1200 HP Pavilion Laptop. However now all my files are deleted this happen multiple times already and is unacceptable. I GO TO UNIVERSITY AND NEED MY NOTES AND TEXTBOOKS WHICH ARE very costly. I deserve money or my files back because this is unacceptable please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shut down my pc and restarted all files gone