Windows 10: All files read only on windows 10

Discus and support All files read only on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, need some help So when I booted my pc this morning, every single file on my computer has become read only and I have absolutely no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArcherSkye, May 19, 2018.

1. All files read only on windows 10

Hey everyone, need some help

So when I booted my pc this morning, every single file on my computer has become read only and I have absolutely no idea whats caused this problem. I've tried multiple solutions to this problem I've found on google and nothing has worked. I really don't want to have to reinstall windows, but its looking like I might have to unless I can find a solution. Any and all help is greatly appreciated

:)

ArcherSkye, May 19, 2018
  2. Gater_999 Win User

Read Only - Widows 10 changed all my files to read only - "Administrator Permission?

I have the same problem. From the Documents folder on down all the files are now marked Read Only. I tried Method 1 with no success. I am listed as the administrator and have all permissions, yet it won't let my change the Read Only for Documents and all
    subordinate folders.

Gater_999, May 20, 2018
  3. windows 10 change read only files

Got the same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All my folders are "read only" and none of the fixes listed above work.

JamesLeuci, May 20, 2018
Thema:

All files read only on windows 10

1. All files read only on windows 10 - Similar Threads - files read

2. Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only: I've tried pretty much anything i could find. But the problem persists. I have a file in Program Filesx86 that keeps reverting to Read-Only. Can anyone help?...
  3. Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File reverts back to read-only: I've tried pretty much anything i could find. But the problem persists. I have a file in Program Filesx86 that keeps reverting to Read-Only. Can anyone help?...
  4. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  5. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  6. Need help on reading dump files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on reading dump files.: Hi,I'm a technical support for a store consist of 3 POS. Since 4 months ago, all these 3 POS have been randomly auto restart or BSOD. It can happen during peak hour or even after the store closed they leave running 24/7. I have swapped parts such as motherboard, HDD, RAM, PSU...
  7. Need help on reading dump files.

Need help on reading dump files.: Hi,I'm a technical support for a store consist of 3 POS. Since 4 months ago, all these 3 POS have been randomly auto restart or BSOD. It can happen during peak hour or even after the store closed they leave running 24/7. I have swapped parts such as motherboard, HDD, RAM, PSU...
  8. Can someone read my minidump file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone read my minidump file?: Hello,I use Windows 10 and I have got blue screen. Is there someone who can read the minidump file and tell me the exact reason why this happened?And also what is the preffered way to share the file?Thank you in advance!Best regards,Kristiyan Nachov...
  9. Can someone read my minidump file?

Can someone read my minidump file?: Hello,I use Windows 10 and I have got blue screen. Is there someone who can read the minidump file and tell me the exact reason why this happened?And also what is the preffered way to share the file?Thank you in advance!Best regards,Kristiyan Nachov...
  10. Can someone read my minidump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 all folders read only

2. windows 10 all files read only

3. new win 10 install folders are read only

4. win10 all files read only,
  5. windows 10 remove all read only files,
  6. windows 10 2019 read only,
  7. all the files are all in read read only when opening network driver,
  8. all files on pc are read only,
  9. all files read only windows 10 2019,
  10. all files are read only windows 10,
  11. can windows update make your files read only,