Windows 10: All Flash versions vulnerable to remote control attack until next week

Discus and support All Flash versions vulnerable to remote control attack until next week in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here we go again.....*Rolleyes In the wake of its monthly patch rollout yesterday, Adobe has announced it is currently working on a new update... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

All Flash versions vulnerable to remote control attack until next week

Here we go again.....*Rolleyes

All Flash versions vulnerable to remote control attack until next week | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Oct 14, 2015
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Yet another Adobe Flash security hole that needs patching. Win10

According to this Qualys article, Adobe released

APSB16-36
    yesterday "to fix one 0-day vulnerability in Flash. The vulnerability is currently being used in active attacks and therefore Adobe released this emergency fix. If left un-patched, attackers can remotely take
    complete control of the machine."

When will Microsoft release its update for its embedded Flash in Win10 please?

Taffy087, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Adobe Flash - WIn10. 'Missing Update' in Patch Tuesday?

the Adobe Flash fix was installed a few hours ago. It's described by Krebs as "a critical update for its ubiquitous Flash Player software that fixes
    three dozen security holes in the widely-used browser plugin, including
    at least one vulnerability that is already being exploited for use in targeted attacks."

I'm assuming from the silence that (1) everyone agrees that Flash is dreadful but (2) as there is no alternative on the market we're all stuck with it. It would nice to assume that Microsoft are in fact working on an alternative given that the problem of
    Adobe's continuing Flash vulnerabilities is bound to rub off onto Microsoft.

Until the next Flash zero day fix . . . . . .

Taffy087, Oct 14, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Ir is past time for Flash to die.

labeeman, Oct 14, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    Adobe Flash. Just say no.

I have not used it for several months. It's not installed in Firefox and I've disabled it in Edge and Chrome. I don't miss it.

Antilope, Oct 14, 2015
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Yes. Flash should or must die. Unfortunately there are still some stupid pages relying on it.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 14, 2015
  7. Cluster Head, Oct 14, 2015
  8. All Flash versions vulnerable to remote control attack until next week

Hi:

For those of you who do run Flash Player, according to the Adobe PSIRT blog, the patch may ship as early as tomorrow.

Source

Cheers,
    MM

P.S. There are at least a few Free & Paid security applications that specifically shield browsers and plug-ins from these sorts of exploits, for added protection.

MoxieMomma, Oct 15, 2015
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have uninstalled the Flash NPAPI plugin. No troubles so far.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 15, 2015
  10. Cluster Head, Oct 15, 2015
  11. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Oct 15, 2015
  12. Phone Man Win User

Thanks for the information. Now waiting on MS to release update for IE and Edge.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All Flash versions vulnerable to remote control attack until next week - Similar Threads - Flash versions vulnerable

2. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  3. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  4. Attacks exploiting Netlogon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1472)

in Windows 10 News
    Attacks exploiting Netlogon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1472): MSRC / By Aanchal Gupta / October 29, 2020 / Active Directory, EOP, Patch, Standard), vulnerability, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 all editions, Windows Server version 1809...
  5. New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections

in Windows 10 News
    New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections: Academics have disclosed this week a security flaw impacting Linux, Android, macOS, and other Unix-based operating systems that allows an attacker to sniff, hijack, and tamper with VPN-tunneled connections. The vulnerability -- tracked as CVE-2019-14899 -- resides in the...
  6. vulnerable double pulsar attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    vulnerable double pulsar attack: sir i reinstalled window 8.1 from iso file from microsoft official site now from avast i came to know that windows is affected by vulnerable double pulsar ..............plzzzzzzz helpppppppp...
  7. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...
  8. Microsoft fixes 67 vulnerabilities in all Windows versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes 67 vulnerabilities in all Windows versions: Microsoft yesterday released its regular set of Patch Tuesday Cumulative Updates for all Windows versions. The company released Cumulative Update which contained bug fixes and performance improvements. The Cumulative Updates released have brought fixes for 67 vulnerabilities...
  9. Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack: Researchers have discovered a new side-channel attack method that can be launched against devices with Intel processors, and the patches released in response to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities might not prevent these types of attacks. The new attack, dubbed...
  10. Research shows antivirus products vulnerable to attack

in Windows 10 News
    Research shows antivirus products vulnerable to attack: A Google researcher has been reporting severe vulnerabilities in security suites from Kaspersky, Trend Micro, MalwareBytes, FireEye, AVG, ESET and now Comodo. Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy has long been a pain to vendors of commercial software with significant...