Windows 10: All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering)

Discus and support All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, A strange issue appeared out of nowhere on my laptop. I am using Windows 10 and my CPU is a I7-6700-HQ It appears that whenever I run a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Djebeo, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Djebeo Win User

All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering)

Hello,

A strange issue appeared out of nowhere on my laptop.
    I am using Windows 10 and my CPU is a I7-6700-HQ

It appears that whenever I run a game, the core 0 always works at 100% capacity, causing stuttering in the game (probably due to clogging), when the other cores are not used that much (general CPU usage around 20% in the last test).

The strange part is:
    When I go to the task manager and go to details>set affinity for this game, it shows that all cores are allowed, and if I validate (without changing any option, still allowing all cores to be used), then the CPU repartition goes back to something expected and the stuttering stops.

Any idea of what is happening and how to fix it ? This has been tested on several games (namely For Honor and Tales of Berseria) with the same results, when said games were working fine 3 days ago.
    I didn't touch any configuration or option regarding CPU usage prior to the problem happening.

:)

Djebeo, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Densky_82 Win User

Creator has ruined my gaming experience

I've had this problem as well since the Creator's Update. It seems to affect only one game for me: Black Desert Online.

There's a pretty long thread on the Geforce forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...h-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/

In my case, it feels like a stutter / hitching when moving in the game.

I wish I had a solution for you, but I've tried all the things you have. It's pretty frustrating at this point.

Densky_82, Apr 24, 2017
  3. games stuttering

dear support

am pc gamer and play too much games

i play games all time, suddenly i open a game and found that the camera when moving is stuttering while the fps is 50 and its not dropping.

all games like this, i though its about the windows and i make reset for my pc.

i tried the games after reset and its working normally without any stuttering.

after 2 days the games become stuttering again.

i have windows 10 pro version 1709

CPU: intel core i7-4800qm

Nvidia gtx880m

RAM:16GB

all games old or new is same issue!!

Moved thread from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

majedraheel, Apr 24, 2017
  4. All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering)

Try setting the power plan to High Performance mode.

RoasterMen, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Djebeo Win User
    Plan was already on high performance. I also tried other plans for troubleshooting purposes with the same results

Djebeo, Apr 25, 2017
  6. [youtube]TX1VFL-tABA[/youtube]

- applies to Win10 also..*Cool

BugMeister, Apr 25, 2017
  7. Djebeo Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but I am not certain that you understood my problem.

All my cores are obviously enabled on startup.
    The issue occurs when launching a game (that only use one core, some other programs using other cores), and it gets solved whenever I reset the affinity of said game in the task manager (the game starts to use all cores again).

If my cores were disabled in msconfig, Windows wouldn't boot them and I wouldn't even be able to see them at all.

Djebeo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering)

1. All games only using Core 0 by default (causing stuttering) - Similar Threads - games using Core

2. Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games: Hello. I've been having stutters in all games I play for about 4 days alerady. Been trying to fix them for 4 days too. At first I had some stutters in only Dakride and I thought that his is just a flaaw of the patch, nothing more. Then I've started to hear a single...
  3. Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Stutters/MIcro-Stutters in all games: Hello. I've been having stutters in all games I play for about 4 days alerady. Been trying to fix them for 4 days too. At first I had some stutters in only Dakride and I thought that his is just a flaaw of the patch, nothing more. Then I've started to hear a single...
  4. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME: Ive asked this question already and it didnt work which is annoying so im shortening this because that wasted my time and dont know if this will go through. Basically im gonna use 2 games for examples that being roblox and rainbow six siege. So id like to think i have a good...
  5. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME: Ive asked this question already and it didnt work which is annoying so im shortening this because that wasted my time and dont know if this will go through. Basically im gonna use 2 games for examples that being roblox and rainbow six siege. So id like to think i have a good...
  6. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuttering hell at all games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuttering hell at all games: I will try to be brief on my current situation and I am just leaving this in here in hopes any person could ever help me. Basically, my PC gaming experience is hell, ALL games, all of my games, does not matter how demanding it is nor not, stutter on my computer, one way or...
  8. All pc games stuttering

in Windows 10 Customization
    All pc games stuttering: Hello Microsoft I've been getting this stuttering on all of my pc games and some say that it was because of Windows. Is there any way to fix this. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-pc-games-stuttering/6c552b7a-85e3-4985-b900-f22d25502250
  9. CPU Affinity defaulting to only using 4/12 cores for all processes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Affinity defaulting to only using 4/12 cores for all processes.: All processes start with an affinity that only uses the first 4 cores. Is this normal? Any ideas what to look into to find the cause if it is not? I'm using an i9 and an asus motherboard if that helps... Please don't tell me I can set it myself with task manager... that is...
  10. Stuttering, in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering, in all games.: Hi! I've noticed, that I've recently had, some sort of stuttering, where my game will stutter, every three second. I'm not sure, if it came after I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update. My rig: CPU Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz RAM 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @...