All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up

Discus and support All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am having quite a problem, my icons are all messed up suddenly, on desktop as well as in explorer. My shortcuts are fine, but any other files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skubler, Jul 10, 2018 at 5:32 PM.

1. skubler Win User

Hi, I am having quite a problem, my icons are all messed up suddenly, on desktop as well as in explorer. My shortcuts are fine, but any other files look normal but in front of them is a blank white "paper", smaller than actual icon so icon shows from behind. In my explorer, everything shows as just a blank white paper. I have tried all of the steps you have given, and am logged into command prompt as administrator, but when I get to next to last step, it says access not allowed. So I can't perform the next to final step? I am struggling here something awful!!

I followed this, however when I get to username appdata local: I have no iconcache file anywhere?

*Arrow Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up [​IMG]

All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up [​IMG]

:)

2. Michael Gall Win User

Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up :)

4. RajeshV_802 Win User

Window 10-64 bit

Hi pls suggest how to upgrade my 32 bit of windows 10 into 64 bit

Thema:

1. All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up - Similar Threads - icons bit messed

2. Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue: I have a strange issue with white icons on the taskbar. I have a default XML file targeted to each machine for tiles and taskbar. Anything within the users appdata\roaming is not copied back to the to the network, this is to keep profiles down and most profiles are under 2 Mb...
  3. Power Icon greyed out

Power Icon greyed out: Im running windows 10 home - version 1803 (updated earlier this month) and cant seem to get the power icon displaying so I can check my battery status. Ive gone to Settings, Personalization but the only icon that is greyed out is the one I want - why is it greyed out?...
  4. app icons on start shows down arrow

app icons on start shows down arrow: I tried wsreset, signing out and logging back in, checked my region. I recently reset my laptop and did a system restore, still no luck. I checked the Microsoft store, it says that all my apps are updated, but still the smart menu icons are shown as down arrow. also, when I...
  5. the xbox icon on the start menu suddenly shrunk

the xbox icon on the start menu suddenly shrunk: All of a sudden, the xbox icon on the start page shrunk to a tiny icon in the upper left corner of the icon "box" which is still the same size it always was. If I move it to another place on the start menu, it returns its original full size, but if I move it back, it shrinks...
  6. I cannot right click to obtain information in order to get my icons to appear on the left...

I cannot right click to obtain information in order to get my icons to appear on the left...: I allowed new updates to be installed and now my computer will not act as efficiently as before and my icons do not appear on the screen, why not?...
  7. How to change lettering size under Icons

How to change lettering size under Icons: I just upgraded PC and to W10 I am asking how to adjust the text size under the desktop icons. I can enlarge the icons no problem but text size stays small. Please help...
  8. My Icons will freeze is the middle of using programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Icons will freeze is the middle of using programs: In no consistent manner all my icons will freeze and the only way I can get out of it is to force a shutdown and have to restart 2 or three times to get back to normal. It's intermittent with no particular program. I am using Windows10 and have automatic updates....
  9. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits: Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change...
  10. Hide Nuisance Icon Bluetooth Places for Windows 10 64-bit Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Nuisance Icon Bluetooth Places for Windows 10 64-bit Desktop: For those of you on Windows 10 64-bit with a White Label bluetooth usb nub with proper drivers by Blue Soleil installed for it, you already know about the nuisance Bluetooth Places icon on your desktop, that hasn't a delete option. (Note: The fix as described by Blue Soleil...