Windows 10: All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up

Discus and support All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am having quite a problem, my icons are all messed up suddenly, on desktop as well as in explorer. My shortcuts are fine, but any other files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skubler, Jul 10, 2018.

1. skubler Win User

All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up

Hi, I am having quite a problem, my icons are all messed up suddenly, on desktop as well as in explorer. My shortcuts are fine, but any other files look normal but in front of them is a blank white "paper", smaller than actual icon so icon shows from behind. In my explorer, everything shows as just a blank white paper. I have tried all of the steps you have given, and am logged into command prompt as administrator, but when I get to next to last step, it says access not allowed. So I can't perform the next to final step? I am struggling here something awful!!

I followed this, however when I get to username appdata local: I have no iconcache file anywhere?

*Arrow Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up [​IMG]

All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up [​IMG]

:)

skubler, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Michael Gall Win User

Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up :)

4. RajeshV_802 Win User

Window 10-64 bit

Hi pls suggest how to upgrade my 32 bit of windows 10 into 64 bit

RajeshV_802, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up - Similar Threads - icons bit messed

2. 32 bit or 64 bit window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit or 64 bit window 10?: how can i find out if my Windows 10 Home is a 32 bit or 64 bit version? My laptop is a 64 bit operating system. I've looked at the "Settings -- System -- About" and all it tells me is that it is Windows 10 Home....
  3. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  4. colors in windows 10 all messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    colors in windows 10 all messed up: i can't read a lot of actions on my screen because windows 10 has white on white colors. Also can't get my audio to work except for the little computer speakers built in my laptop. Has Anyone just done a system restore to go back to windows 7? Is there any way to fix the...
  5. Drivers and Windows are all messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drivers and Windows are all messed up: Hi ! Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up, everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse didn't work on the login screen anymore, They however worked in bios menu (( well keyboard did )) and well i did system...
  6. icon display all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    icon display all messed up: hi... i have like ten thousand icons in folders i have saved all of a sudden when i open a folder the icon sizes are all different... large is medium and medium is medium and small and the sizes and the spacing are all mixed together and every time i scroll the screen...
  7. Time zone is all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone is all messed up: I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is Pacific Time which is -9 hours behind my time zone. So for example, when installing Win10 locally here on a Friday February...
  8. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557
  9. Change Windows 10 64 bit to 32 bit.

Change Windows 10 64 bit to 32 bit.: Just discovered my Dell ST2 tablet, a 32 bit, was changed to 64 bit. I now want to change it back to 32 bit. The current MS media creation tool will not work, as the latest version of Windows 10 is incompatible with the Atom processor in the computer. I need to reinstall an...
  10. Windows 10 64-bit vs. 32-bit

Windows 10 64-bit vs. 32-bit: Hi win 10 forum members, I would like to share my experience of transitioning to Windows 10 Pro on an older Dell laptop. It is a XP era Dell Inspiron 1525 with a Core2 Duo processor, 3 GB of ram, 120 GB Intel 520 Series SSD. This laptop is fully capable of running a 64-bit...