Windows 10: All in one USB Stick

Discus and support All in one USB Stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Is there anyway to create a all in one install USB stick using the media creation tool. I have 2 pc's running windows 10 Pro and a laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kamalaggi, Aug 19, 2015.

1. kamalaggi Win User

All in one USB Stick

Hi,

Is there anyway to create a all in one install USB stick using the media creation tool. I have 2 pc's running windows 10 Pro and a laptop running windows 10 Home . It just saves me having to have 2 separate install USB Sticks.

I have seen torrents available but I'd rather create one myself so I know it doesn't contain any viruses etc.

Thanks

:)

kamalaggi, Aug 19, 2015

2. Bitlocker will not detect USB stick

Hi

I'm having trouble with BitLocker.

I've got two encrypted laptops, one made by Asus, the other by Sony. Both are encrypted with Bitlocker but neither have a TPM module, so I've made the various policy changes and use a USB stick to decrypt them as they boot. All is good.

However, the USB stick, which hangs off my keyring, was cheap, and the plastic case has now completely fallen apart, so all I'm left with is the metal innards! I fear that although it currently works (if I can hold enough of it to insert into the laptop
    - it's tiny), it'll probably stop working soon.

So, I bought myself a new metal USB memory stick of the same size as the old one (16Gb). I formatted it as FAT32. I tried copying the code across from the old memory stick to the new one, which seemed to work without a problem. However, when I boot the laptops,
    neither of them will detect this USB stick - they both say "Please insert the USB device containing the encryption key" (or words to that effect). If I insert the old (broken!) USB stick, they both boot fine.

Thinking that I couldn't just copy the code, I tried another way, by going to Control Panel --> BitLocker Drive Encryption, then inserting the new USB stick and clicking "Copy startup key". I select the new USB stick, and click "Save". On one laptop, the
    window simply disappears at this point, but the key isn't copied onto the new stick. On the other laptop, I get the error "The startup key couldn't be created. Try again or restart the BitLocker wizard"

Assuming that this was simply a faulty or incompatible USB stick (despite it working fine for standard file storage) I bought another USB stick. This one was more expensive, and was made by Kingston Memory. Identical results. I tried formatting the USB disk.
    I tried deleting the partition on the USB disk and then re-creating it, and re-formatting it. Same problem.

In despair, I bought a third USB stick, from yet another manufacturer. I wondered if it was to do with Bitlocker having a problem with USB 3, so I bought a USB 2 memory stick. Still exactly the same issue on both laptops.

I really need to find a solution to this - I don't mind buying yet another memory stick, but I need to know what makes some sticks (okay, one stick) compatible, and others not compatible, otherwise I'm going to have a thousand USB sticks and still no working
    BitLocker.

Can anyone help?

Andrew M Richards, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows defender offline don´t work because cannot updated

Thank you for help.

I didn t understand your advice.

If I install Windows Defender Offline, it creates at once the utility on my USB stick.

I cannot install something without a media (as USB). So I do not have the programm twice - one time in computer and one time on stick.

All possibillities for download are old.

Or do you mean I have to enforce it by giving a directory instead of the USB stick?

Thank you for help

PeterPfeifer, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Porthos Win User

All in one USB Stick

You can download a Home/pro ISO here
    Tech Bench
    Don't worry bout the techbench stuff just get the ISO

Porthos, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    Someone on this forum made a 4 in 1 a few days ago, have a look around for the post he explains how to do it.

6. Bazz Win User
  7. kamalaggi Win User
    Thanks everyone for your replies. All sorted now

kamalaggi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

All in one USB Stick

1. All in one USB Stick - Similar Threads - USB Stick

2. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  3. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  4. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK: Dear Microsoft Support.It's MR NETANEL GUBBAY.I would like to find it how do I remove my Right Disk Protection from a 128GB Please can you explain to me...
  6. How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK

How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK: Dear Microsoft Support.It's MR NETANEL GUBBAY.I would like to find it how do I remove my Right Disk Protection from a 128GB Please can you explain to me...
  7. Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...: So I ran the windows setup tool which asked me to make a data stick ran the setup programme from there which said it needed to make a few updates from online and it's now busy downloading 8GIGABYTES and still going via peculiarly my onedrive which I don't understand but what...
  8. Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...

Anyone know what the point of using the setup tool to create a USB stick when setup then...: So I ran the windows setup tool which asked me to make a data stick ran the setup programme from there which said it needed to make a few updates from online and it's now busy downloading 8GIGABYTES and still going via peculiarly my onedrive which I don't understand but what...
  9. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  10. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...