Windows 10: All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.

Discus and support All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yesterday when I opened up Chrome the top bar, where all your tabs and such are, this what a lot bigger than normal. This didn't just happen to Chrome,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ItsTheYoshi, Oct 22, 2016.

1. All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.

Yesterday when I opened up Chrome the top bar, where all your tabs and such are, this what a lot bigger than normal. This didn't just happen to Chrome, Edge and IE have the same issue where the top bar is bigger and everything on the website is giant and to some what fix it you have to zoom out to 80%.

So here is what I did just before this happened. I unplugged everything from my laptop and took it into another room. I watched a video, closed the lid on my laptop(which is set to put it into sleep mode) then about 5 minutes later I opened my laptop back up and plugged everything in and the issue was there. That is all I did.

Fixes I have tried: Reinstalling Intel and nvidia display drivers, I reinstalled Chrome because I thought it was just a Chrome issue at first and I also messed with the windows 10 scaling options but then my desktop became to small so. If you have any suggestions it would be very appreciated.

:)

ItsTheYoshi, Oct 22, 2016
  2. aakkam22 Win User

On Windows 10, what is the main difference in Edge Browser and Internet Explorer ?

The vast majority of websites support both browsers. However, as Microsoft Edge is more standards-compliant than Internet Explorer, it will "play nice" with more websites than Internet Explorer.

aakkam22, Oct 22, 2016
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal. :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Oct 22, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.

Check the resolution when it comes out of sleep mode. Looks like it changes to lower res when it wakes up.

CountMike, Oct 24, 2016
  5. The resolutions stays the same when when waking up from sleep.

ItsTheYoshi, Oct 24, 2016
  6. AndreyT Win User
    Yes, I see the same thing. This just happened to me today. And it is Google Chrome for me. I have been running my display in 125% scaling mode (Windows scaling).

And before today I was running Chrome in Page Zoom = %125 mode (internal Chrome scaling). However, today this setting started to produce overly magnified web pages, so I had to reduce it to Page Zoom = %100 mode. Now web pages themselves look like before.

However, some Chrome GUI elements remain magnified. In particular, the contextual search feature (Ctrl+F) now opens a noticeably bigger search box in the upper-right corner, and when I type text into that box it appears very blurry.

I wonder what happened. Is it a Windows update? Or is it a Chrome update that did this?

AndreyT, Oct 25, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    But then there is the Ctrl plus the + or - key or Ctrl plus rolling the wheel that can increase or decrease the size of the view in a window.

Berton, Oct 25, 2016
  8. AndreyT Win User

Yes, there is. But it does not help us to control the size of Chrome GUI elements.

AndreyT, Oct 25, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Don't use Chrome, other browsers do better for me and only use IE for Microsoft sites that require it.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal. - Similar Threads - internet browsers are

2. More frequent than normal BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  3. More frequent than normal BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  4. image is bigger than the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    image is bigger than the screen: After an update I cannot see the edges of my screen, its like the screen has zoomed in and the edges are cut off. I have tried all the display settings, changed everything, nothing has worked. can anyone help me please? I am using a lenovo tablet/computer attached via HDMI...
  5. System Taking up Way more Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Taking up Way more Than Normal: Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes. Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal. After a few hours its taking up...
  6. Black screen with bigger than normal cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with bigger than normal cursor: Model: Lenovo Legion L530 8gb ram Hdd 1tb 7200rpm Core i5 8300h Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti My laptop updated almost a month ago to windows 10 1903 In the last days my laptop has been working great, relatively fast boot times, hard drive not going to 100%, etc. But last...
  7. Are Cookies Browser Specific or more general than that?

in Browsers and Email
    Are Cookies Browser Specific or more general than that?: If I want to delete cookies is that entirely a question of deleting them in my browser? So that cookies set in Firefox wouldn't be available to Chrome? And so on? Or is that if you want a specific site's cookies out of your machine you have to something OS related? 133432
  8. Are Cookies Browser Specific or more general than that?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are Cookies Browser Specific or more general than that?: If I want to delete cookies is that entirely a question of deleting them in my browser? So that cookies set in Firefox wouldn't be available to Chrome? And so on? Or is that if you want a specific site's cookies out of your machine you have to something OS related? 133432
  9. Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10: Hi there, Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates. I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the scale size under the Display settings up to 125% as that's the perfect spot for my eyes. Something happened lately though, as...
  10. Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10: Hi there, Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates. I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the scale size under the Display settings up to 125% as that's the perfect spot for my eyes. Something happened lately though, as...