Windows 10: All Microsoft Office 2007 icons became white

Discus and support All Microsoft Office 2007 icons became white in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I had MO XP and MO 2007 on my Win 10 and they worked perfectly. I decided to install 30-days trial of MO Pro Plus 2016 but didn't impressed and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by vessto, Mar 18, 2017.

1. vessto Win User

All Microsoft Office 2007 icons became white

I had MO XP and MO 2007 on my Win 10 and they worked perfectly. I decided to install 30-days trial of MO Pro Plus 2016 but didn't impressed and uninstalled it after the trial ended. During it's installation I checked "Keep all previous versions" and "Run all from My Computer" (which I do in ever MO installation). After MO Pro Plus 2016 uninstall the in-built Repair in both old versions didn't work so I needed to use CD for MO XP and ISO for MO 2007 to repair them. The programs were repaired yet all documents became with white icons. Additionally when closing a document I'm asked to install some language feature which installation closes the document.

I uninstalled MO Pro Plus 2016 with Revo (it used the in-built MO uninstaller). I didn't clean any leftovers because I was afraid of losing something from MO XP and MO 2007.

While I had MO Pro Plus 2016 I installed Adobe Acrobat DC which integrated in it and also in MO 2007.

Any help?*cry

PS. Forgot to say that in same way a long ago, when I still was with Win 8.1, I lost the icon for HTML documents.

Now I installed 30-days trial of MO Pro Plus 2013 just to get things temporarily ok. But I really need a solution because I don't like MO Pro Plus 2013 either and won't buy it.

:)

vessto, Mar 18, 2017

2. office 2007 on windows 10

I am not a Microsoft person. I run my Outlook 2007 on Windows 10 without any problem. My data transferred properly from Windows 7 to Windows 10. To bring up Outlook 2007 I select, after selecting lower Left Hand icon, "Microsoft Office Outlook". If the
    icon is not visible search for it under All Apps/ Microsoft Office". Otherwise reinstall Office.

I prefer Office 2007 over later versions because I do not have to pay to renew license every year. It is free for life. It is good enough for me.

AlexSidline, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Missing icon word

I installed Windows 10 afterre boot I noticed
    a Word file icons on the desktop
    is no longer displayed. A generic
    white icon appears in their place.
    I created another account
    on the same computer and displays correctly.

Important: I use Office 2007 and the icons
    are displayed correctly in the taskbar
    and start menu.

Can anyone help me?

MARIUSDAIA, Mar 18, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Have you tried Option #6 in this tutorial?
    Choose Default Apps in Windows 10
    Office XP is no longer supported, but Office 2007 is. Why do you need both? I would set all defaults for O2007.

simrick, Mar 18, 2017
  5. vessto Win User
    I tried but only Office 2013 is listed there for docx, xlsx etc.

I wish to be back to Office 2007 but if I uninstall Office 2013 I'll probably lose the icons for documents again. Now I have 29 days to find how to get them back after higher Office uninstall.

Maybe Office 2016 uninstall removes some subfolder in Windows, at least some of the articles I read have that hint. And Office 2013 uninstall could do the same.

I forgot to say I had some .dll missing after Office 2016 removing and fixed that with Office XP install from original CD.

vessto, Mar 18, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    If you go to SET DEFAULTS BY APP, and select Office 2007, and then click on SET THIS PROGRAM AS DEFAULT, after uninstalling O2013, that should get your icons back.

I know it's a problem to have more than one version of Office on a system now. It really messes things up.
    Here's one example:
    Office 2016 Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps

simrick, Mar 18, 2017
  7. vessto Win User
    Thank you! Will do it that tomorrow and will respond with the results!

I hope that will work although associations are not lost, I just need to look which white icon is .docx and which is .xlsx and the relevant 2007 application opens it.

vessto, Mar 19, 2017
  8. vessto Win User

I suddenly got a result with Excel. I found file excelcnv (which MO 2007) icon on it and clicked it. Then in Properties of .xlsx MO 2007 Excel already existed and I changed to it successfully. Unfortunately the similar file for Word seems broken (has not icon) and doesn't work the same way. Also seems that MO 2016 icons kinda replaced icons in folder Office 12, which should be 2007 folder (I might mistake). They are also in Office 10 which seems to be MO XP folder.

vessto, Mar 19, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Did you remove O2016 from the computer? Once that's done, I think you can go into Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall or change a program, and highlight O2007, and above may be an option to "repair". Not positive about this - I know it works in O2013 and up...can't remember if it is available in O2007.

Also, you can highlight a Word file in File Explorer, right-click and select "open with" then check the box that says "always use this program to open this type of file" and select O2007.

simrick, Mar 19, 2017
  10. vessto Win User
    Yes, I did the repair from Control Panel but both XP and 2007 had unsuccessful repair and some .dll missing. I used the original XP disc to reinstall and the .dll file returned. But when I clicked Properties on .docx and chose 2007 the icons remained white. That is why I installed 2013 trial, to have document icons back for a month. As I succeeded to return Excel 2007 document option I got a conclusion that 2016 uninstall removed icon files of 2007 too. In WINDOWS\Installer\ I have only folder {91150000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} which contains icons of office 2013/2016.

vessto, Mar 21, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    Maybe you could uninstall all Office programs, run Ccleaner Free on your registry to clear everything out, and then reinstall O2007?

simrick, Mar 22, 2017
  12. vessto Win User
    I'm afraid exactly CCleaner removed the "unused" icons of 2007 while I had 2016. I use CC every day.

Probably this is the best decision, will try it next days. I should do other stuff to the PC so I hope I'll be able to reply with results until next weekend.

vessto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All Microsoft Office 2007 icons became white - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office 2007

2. File Explorer Icons Became White + Broken Notification Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons Became White + Broken Notification Icon: Hello,Problems from my laptop never ends, as there is another problem which is the file icons gone blank when I access some folders and took AGES for it to load. I tried the following :- RUn SFC /scannow- Erasing the cache- Restarting file explorerDidn't work. But I notice...
  3. Microsoft Office Grove 2007 icon problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Office Grove 2007 icon problem: Microsoft Office Groove Icon not working properly Kindly fix this problem See screenshoot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-grove-2007-icon-problem/785f652e-765b-4b83-a441-dd6d9babe877
  4. Microsoft Office Grove 2007 icon problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Grove 2007 icon problem: Microsoft Office Groove Icon not working properly Kindly fix this problem See screenshoot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-grove-2007-icon-problem/785f652e-765b-4b83-a441-dd6d9babe877
  5. Microsoft Office Grove 2007 icon problem

6. microsoft office 2007

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft office 2007: I can no longer operate this on my Windows 10. Is it my computer or is it windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-2007/605dd5b5-373c-4978-b07e-0627753ff152
  7. Open Office white icons

Open Office white icons: I just built me another PC and after loading up Open Office all my desktop & file explorer icons for my Calc spreadsheets are white instead of the normal green all my other PC's are showing for the same software. Trying to figure out why this is....After some research one...
  8. Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007: I have a new Windows 10 i5 laptop (home, version 1909, build 18363.535). I loaded the Enterprise 2007 software, which is a licensed copy on disk, on my previous HP laptop and it worked fine. I loaded it on my new laptop. At first, it worked fine. Then, when Windows did a...
  9. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: I bought this as a software package with my previous laptop & it has always worked fine, including for the past year on my new laptop. Lately it has stopped connecting to my isp's server & keeps showing as 'Offline'. When I ask it to connect it works very sluggishly, it...
  10. Microsoft Office Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office Word 2007: My laptop runs Windows 10. I regularly get updates which then result in me losing access to my Word files. I usually uninstall them and can then use my documents as usual. I tried to uninstall the recent updates but cannot do this. Spoke to someone from Microsoft who said she...