Windows 10: All modern apps have stopped working - advice please

Discus and support All modern apps have stopped working - advice please in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using Windows 10 for almost a month without issue. Then, a few days ago, I received an error message complaining about the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zaarin2003, Sep 1, 2015.

1. All modern apps have stopped working - advice please

Hi,

I have been using Windows 10 for almost a month without issue. Then, a few days ago, I received an error message complaining about the registry when attempting to open pictures. I assumed the photo app was broken, as it was the default programme for opening pictures. Sure enough, using a different programme worked and the Photo app wasn't opening from the Start menu at all.

Now I have noticed that NO modern apps open at all. Besides Edge, that works fine. Photos, Groove Music, Calendar, Mail, etc etc. I had them pinned on the Start menu, but now clicking on them has no affect other than to make them disappear from the Start menu until the next restart.

So far, I have tried to reinstall all modern apps using the following command in an admin Powershell:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

But that did nothing. I have restarted in Safe mode, which didn't have an effect. Also, sfc/scannow found no errors.

I have yet to try creating a new profile. I think that may work as another profile on the computer works fine. I have also not tried refreshing Windows with a clean install.

I am just hesitant to try either of those options as I would have to reinstall programs and copy over the data from the other profile. I hope there is an easier way!

To be honest -as with other Windows 10 issues I have experienced, I am kind of hoping it is a widespread issue because it means MS should release a fix!

Thanks in advance

Matt

:)

zaarin2003, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Alan B Win User

several persistent problems with my Windows 10

Your symptoms indicate that your modern Apps are not working. I have seen a fix for this posted where you uninstall the Store App then re-install all Apps but that's not in the advice Isha Soni has given you.

Alan B, Sep 1, 2015
  3. kisw Win User
    Windows 10 apps freezing after waking from sleep

Really??

After activating automatic update in windows 10 , Microsoft advice is to check for updates. All the apps are updated for me and this problem of app freezing and not working still occurs after my computer wake up from the sleep mode. it is a lot a basic
    and annoying bugs in windows 10. how can I use my computer if all the time i have modern app not launching ( also the start menu since it is a modern app too). WINDOWS 10 IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LAUNCHED BECAUSE IT IS FULL OF BASIC
    AND ANNOYING BUGS.

kisw, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

All modern apps have stopped working - advice please

1. All modern apps have stopped working - advice please - Similar Threads - modern apps stopped

2. Partition advice please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition advice please: Hi Sometime next week I'm getting a new computer it has a 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD I assume the SSD will be the one with Windows installed So my question is how big does a windows partition need to be to future proof for updates and such 170805
  3. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  4. All Office applications have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Office applications have stopped working: Good afternoon, Since running Avast Cleanup Premium this morning it seems that none of my office applications are working. Here is an example of the error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kelsi\Desktop\NP_Euskadiko Orkestra martxan.docx'. Make sure you typed the...
  5. Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and all Microsoft apps have stopped working: Everything was working fine until recently. Now all MS apps such as photos, videos, mail, skype, and anything downloaded from the store won't open. The store itself won't even open. I have tried EVERY solution posted online and no luck. After running the troubleshooter, this...
  6. All USB Drives have stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB Drives have stopped working: Hi, I'm confused. I bought a new laptop in November 2018. I have an external hard drive that I use to store back ups on. I used that to move my files from the old lap top (using windows 7) to the new one (using windows 10) and it worked fine. I normally do a back up once...
  7. windows apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows apps have stopped working: all of my windows apps have stopped working ,they just appear for a second on screen & collapse . these apps are working fine 2-3 days ago . but I don't know what happened with them . kindly help me...
  8. Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment: So, I ran a bunch of programs to remove some Malware I had been having problems with (e.g. MalwareBytes, etc.) And the Pandora Modern app stopped working. It opens and I can log in, but it won't play any music. The cover art for the stations and songs it tries to play won't...
  9. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  10. Apps have stopped working

Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modern apps stopped working