Windows 10: All my files are on my SSD

Discus and support All my files are on my SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys i just got a ssd and only want to have Windows on it and some certain programs but whenever i try to install anything it just ends up on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tkosj, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Tkosj Win User

All my files are on my SSD

Hey guys i just got a ssd and only want to have Windows on it and some certain programs but whenever i try to install anything it just ends up on my SSD, in some programs i cant even choose what like folder or harddrive i want to install it on.
    Please help

:)

Tkosj, Oct 21, 2015

2. Where are my files?

Noticed none of my personal files were in This PC after all updates from Windows. I reverted to a previous build and there it all was again. Hope that helps someone.

Where are my files, Oct 21, 2015
  3. #602 affiliations is not a member of the user table.

A..maader cood,kanker pola your Facebook account my account bander pola your...a basted

saifulshow my outsait all files, Oct 21, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

If your SSD is C:, programs will always default to that drive. If you want them installed on another drive, you need to specify that when installing.

bro67, Oct 21, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    What size SSD do you have?

I'm always a bit puzzled about people using SSDs who are reluctant to have programs on them. That's what they are for, surely?

I have a 240GB SSD and have moved data files to it so I can get to use that disk speed.

A 120GB could be a bit restricted but a simple Win 10 takes up only about 16-20GTB.

But perhaps you have a much different requirement.

6. Tkosj Win User
    i have a samsung ssd 250gb and @bro67 yes i know but some programs like spotify and skype doesnt tell me where they will install it

Tkosj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All my files are on my SSD - Similar Threads - files are SSD

2. how do i move all my system files from my harddrive to my ssd? the files that are needed to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i move all my system files from my harddrive to my ssd? the files that are needed to run: im trying to move all my system files to my ssd because i want my ssd to be the main storage device i use, because even after i change where to files go, my harddrive still downloads them, and for some reason my harddrive and ssd have program files, but my harddrive has 2,...
  3. Can I plug in my old ssd into the SATA of my new pc? Will all my files be there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I plug in my old ssd into the SATA of my new pc? Will all my files be there?: Recently I just finished building my new pc. I'm planning on activating windows 11 on a seperate drive Internal of the pc. I was wandering if I could plug in my old ssd and hdd into my new pc; will all the files be there? Note, my old ssd has windows 10 installed, so will...
  4. Can I plug in my old ssd into the SATA of my new pc? Will all my files be there?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I plug in my old ssd into the SATA of my new pc? Will all my files be there?: Recently I just finished building my new pc. I'm planning on activating windows 11 on a seperate drive Internal of the pc. I was wandering if I could plug in my old ssd and hdd into my new pc; will all the files be there? Note, my old ssd has windows 10 installed, so will...
  5. How to import/"partition" all my windows files to my new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to import/"partition" all my windows files to my new SSD?: I believe I'm using partition correctly in this context.ContextI am adding a new 1tb SSD and a 3tb HDD to my current 500gb SSD & 1tb HDD. I want to put all my daily window files such as videos, photos, document etc. to the new SSD, whilst using my current 500gb SSD to store...
  6. How to import/"partition" all my windows files to my new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to import/"partition" all my windows files to my new SSD?: I believe I'm using partition correctly in this context.ContextI am adding a new 1tb SSD and a 3tb HDD to my current 500gb SSD & 1tb HDD. I want to put all my daily window files such as videos, photos, document etc. to the new SSD, whilst using my current 500gb SSD to store...
  7. How to import/"partition" all my windows files to my new SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cloning my SSD created boot files in my external SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning my SSD created boot files in my external SSD: Windows Version 20H2 I recently purchased an external SSD from Samsung and used their migration tool to copy all my files into it. Then I learned that I can't boot Windows from an external drive so I formatted the external SSD and started using it. But, apparently formatting...
  9. Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a ssd help my minecraft fps at all?: I keep getting mixed signals, I've asked here before. but pls, I wanna squeeze every gaming juice out of my pc, I've disabled some startup programs, changed power options to High Performance. changed advanced system performance settings to "Adjust for best performance"...
  10. How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?: I want every single file in my SSD put into my HDD, how would I do it exactly? Win 10, 64 bit HOME edition 93391

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all my pc files are in my ssd